• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

There are two things that are clear imho, Leave is a more important factor amongst grass roots Tories, so it is a bigger election issue for the Tories. Secondly that 2017 showed the North will not, apart from in a few affluent constituenxies vote for Tories.

Labour neutralised Brexit in 2017 by mirroring the Tory position. The strength of leave feeling compared to traditional party lines, in Labour areas outside of London, hasn't been tested yet.

I don't ever remember Labour's position as being hard brexit. Plus the north has been hit hard by Austerity. That doesn't help the Tories.
The public understanding of the politics that has affected people's lives is now far better known (and to a lesser degree better understood) - that would make a GE so interesting.

The public understanding of the politics that has affected people's lives is now far better known (and to a lesser degree better understood) - that would make a GE so interesting.

You must be down south.
I think many over 50yo in the north would vote for anybody who would throw out the "da*ki*s"
This was from a conversation with 3 people in a pub in Leeds last week.

But for the past few months it feels like the backbench Tories are the only ones standing up for the majority of the country - the working and middle classes beyond the London bubble. The only ones preventing the great sell-out
Really? To me it's seems they are only standing up for themselves. I can't see how focussing on leaving the EU above every thing else stands up for the middle and working class. They need strong public services, decent wages, housing they can afford. Creating a low tax, low regulation economy creates the opposite. It focuses money even more at the top of society. I'd say it is many brexiteers that live in a bubble.

Another Tory has now quit. Nick Boles. Says the Tories are putting the nations' prosperity at risk because of their failure to compromise.

Last edited:
So regardless of remain or leave do we agree that the moves to use Brexit to progress personal agendas on both sides has been shocking?

Im tired of Brexit, said for a long time we wont leave, and actually that side of it does not bother me so much. It is as you say the way the MPs have behaved. The leavers who still wont vote for May's deal are just as bad as the ones who vote it down because they want to over turn the referendum.

But for me I want to see more talk about what to do with Knife crime in London. People are now getting stabbed by little bricks who want to get into gangs, is pathetic.

I think it is best to leave, but honestly the fact that departments now are not doing anything but brexit is causing the country so much harm, I think we should leave but it needs to get sorted.

My sister is on attachment to the foreign office as a legal adviser and all she talks about is brexit. Is getting old, the are other things we need to do in this country.

I support controlling our own laws, but I also think we need to aim for our country to become renewable energy neutral, we need to sort out knife crime, we need to switch to a graduation tax rather then student loans, we need to refocus the economy towards emerging industries.

The is so much we need to do. It would be best to just pull the plaster off, grin and bear it and then get on with the important stuff. The are so many problems in the country we need to focus on.

:D:D:D
Tory's don't seem too happy this evening.

Also, didn't Brexiters vote for Parliamentary democracy and sovereignty.
Whats the issue.....??

Reactions: DTA
Back