• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

The maddening thing is you know AXA or whoever delivers the service, does it more cost-effectively. Better service, less cost. (I'm not suggesting we privatise the NHS, just run it better).
100%
The service my wife has received already has been brilliant, fast, professional, courteous and not dealing with a power hungry receptionist who thinks she is a doctor

It probably depends on the surgery but I think the phone triage is generally more efficient apart from not always being able to arrange an actual time slot so resulting in a bit of telephone tag. I’ve certainly had a phone callback far sooner than if I had to try to book an in-person appointment when I would have had to wait for a few weeks. Then if the doctor needs to see you they get you in much quicker.

I think there’s sometimes a perception of GPs doing a few hours in surgery and that’s it. Whereas they have hours of work once consultations are over with house visits, updating notes, doing referrals, dealing with incoming correspondence, training/mentoring trainee doctors, keeping up to date with medical research and treatments and more. They can be doing 70 hour weeks but it isn’t generally seen.

I agree the system does need a re-set - the whole NHS does but any change is always going to be with the short term in mind because it’s political.

Through my Mrs work we get AXA private healthcare
One service is called AXA at Hand, we get see a GP/Nurse 24/7 365 days a year via a video/phone call or if the need be at one of the local private hospitals
She hasn't been too well for a while with stomach issues, she has had no joy with our regular GP even after trying for months to see a GP and have bloods done
Rang AXA last week, and she has had 2 calls, blood tests and is having an Ultrasound next week
We're lucky to have private, we really are

Hope she feels much better soon.

Liz Truss being interviewed on BBC1 by Laura Kuenssburg (she has finally found an interviewer she doesn't have to avoid for fear of being shown up).
It is so scary to think she is going to be our PM from Tuesday.

Yeah, just watched that. Interviewed by a pussycat and yet was barely able to construct an intelligible answer to a single question. You can actually see the cogs starting to turn when she speaks. Terrifying.

Great TV at the end though, with Joe Lycett sarcastically cheering her answers. I actually think Truss thought he was serious. :D

Only 57% voted for Toss not the ringing endorsement we expected. But at least we're not completely rudderless now. Over to you lizzy, do your damnest.

I have some sympathy because I'm not the best present, on the flipside I'm not running the country but wow her delivery is terrible. Wooden would be an insult to wood.

Back