• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I guess the the question comes to whether you think Hamas should be able to fight and kill people in pursuit of their goal.

No-one is saying that

Thing is if you say Hamas should be able to fight and kill Israelis because of occupation etc then it is very hard to say Israel shouldn’t defend its population too.

If rockets were falling on London, and we have the means to stop them, at what point should we act? After 1 death or 5 or 10 or before any occu
r

Again, this narrative has been played out in global media and politics. It's such a shame the Palestinian people aren't even allowed to begrudge rockets destroying their country and living under apartheid without being told it's because of Hamas.

It is hard to begrudge Israel building a civilised nation.

But not so hard to do the same for Palestine, right?

Last edited:
Curious as to why nobody has replied to this post...I felt it was thought provoking at least

Also, to add to the above questions, has anybody stopped to question why there is an Iron Dome? Anybody care to hazard a guess to the number of rockets fired into Israel from gaza over the last few decades? Does anybody have a view on suicide bombings which have happened frequently in populous areas in Israel - casualties of which have been civilians/families/children?

Forced evictions and settlement expansions?

I guess the the question comes down to whether you think Hamas should be able to fight and kill people in pursuit of their goal.

Thing is if you say Hamas should be able to fight and kill Israelis because of occupation etc then it is very hard to say Israel shouldn’t defend its population too.

I’ve only been to Tel Aviv for 3 days, but from what I saw it is a very open and welcoming lace where you can be anything - Palestine, gay, orthodox religious or atheist etc. It is hard to begrudge Israel building a civilised nation. Though I completely agree their right-wing nutters are as bad as any other fundamentalist. They are a democracy and have to balance out public sentiment. If rockets were falling on London, and we have the means to stop them, at what point should we act? After 1 death or 5 or 10 or before any occur?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The arab Israelis do not have the same rights as the Jewish Israelis, how in the world is that a democracy?

Economic development is the solution to all this imo. Appropriately, I have to do some work myself now, but was watching a documentary on Palestinian start ups. They want to work with Israli tech sector. They have great ideas, investment etc. and they are not focused on Hamas and fighting. They see the way out being via the dollar. I understand that myself. No one begrudges Palastine building a civilised nation. There is so much more funding and focus on Palastine ironically because of Israel it should be able to develop. Just have to stop the fighting.

Reposting this as I'd love for someone to answer these questions:

Do you agree with the creation of Israel in 1948?

Do you understand why it was formed?

Do you know which countries voted against it and what some of them did when it eventually came into being?

How do you suggest Israel should handle the situation instead of what they're currently doing?

Do you know which countries voted against it and what some of them did when it eventually came into being?

How do you suggest Israel should handle the situation instead of what they're currently doing?

I’d love for you to answer the questions I posted to you, rather than demanding acceptance of your opinion

My mate belongs to Derp
http://yachad.org.uk/

There is some absolutely incredible work being undertaken by mostly young diaspora Jewish activists at the moment to inform and educate the general public on this horrible situation in the Israel/Palestine region. They are doing so without diminishing either sides right to live in peace but also taking a firm stand against anti-semitic narratives. They work in tandem with young Palestinian activists in Palestine and around the world, amplifying each other and trying to engage other young people on social media and beyond. I sincerely hope and believe these young activists will one day have some influence and bring about a mutual resolution in the region.

No I did not agree with the creation of Israel though that is obviously benefit of hindsight as I was not around at the time.

I understand it was formed because Jews faced persecution in so many countries, they responded to this by persecuting the Arabs and pushing them out. The bullied becomes the bully.

No idea who was against it.

They could start by not forcing people out of their homes and attacking families.

No I did not agree with the creation of Israel though that is obviously benefit of hindsight as I was not around at the time.

I understand it was formed because Jews faced persecution in so many countries, they responded to this by persecuting the Arabs and pushing them out. The bullied becomes the bully.

They could start by not forcing people out of their homes and attacking families.

Do you think Turkey should still control Isreal? Weren't they the previous incumbents before the british?

One of the key root causes of the conflict, people being evicted and murdered by a state with no means to defense

But you posted:

Forced evictions and settlement expansions?

In response to my questions:

Also, to add to the above questions, has anybody stopped to question why there is an Iron Dome? Anybody care to hazard a guess to the number of rockets fired into Israel from gaza over the last few decades? Does anybody have a view on suicide bombings which have happened frequently in populous areas in Israel - casualties of which have been civilians/families/children?

Which question does your post respond to?

No I did not agree with the creation of Israel

Why don't you agree with it? Out of interest

They could start by not forcing people out of their homes and attacking families

100% agree

Back