• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

My problem with this government isn't about procurement, it's about the dismantling of the NHS and the subsequent allowance of big Tory donors to get their filthy hands on these contracts. What about his 'bit on the side'? What did she do for her slice of taxpayer's money/ what was the procurement issue there?

imports to the UK from the EU were outstripped by those from the rest of the world for the first time in the first quarter of 2021.

The ONS said it is 'the first quarter since records began in January 1997 that imports of goods from non-EU countries are higher than from EU countries'.

Absolute cretins.

To think they have some GHod given right to the land and to wipe out the people that live there due to some religious flimflam is just infuriating. fudging religious idiot clams. Why are people so fudging thick?

If white people were saying that in the UK about Arabs the would rightly be outrage. Why does everyone look the other way when Israel is up to brick.

If white people were saying that in the UK about Arabs the would rightly be outrage. Why does everyone look the other way when Israel is up to brick.

You can't criticise Israel, because then a bunch of jewish people will go .... ANTI-SEMITE! SHUT THE fudge UP, HITLER! Every goddamned time.

So what exactly is the point in that?

The building was evil was it?

Maybe the building had terrorists in it? Maybe those terrorists had kidnapped some innocent locals to ensure that there were civilian deaths if they were hit?

Those ignorant Israeli views in the video above are wrong, but I'll guarantee that if interviews were translated from the other side, it would be even more vitriolic...

It's nowhere near as one sided as these last few posts are portraying it

Maybe the building had terrorists in it? Maybe those terrorists had kidnapped some innocent locals to ensure that there were civilian deaths if they were hit?

Those ignorant Israeli views in the video above are wrong, but I'll guarantee that if interviews were translated from the other side, it would be even more vitriolic...

It's nowhere near as one sided as these last few posts are portraying it

Lot of maybes there.

What about in the refugee camp they hit earlier? I suppose bin laden's cousin was planning a new attack. To many times far to many times they are in the wrong.

Is not like I'm some far left luvvie either.

Lot of maybes there.

What about in the refugee camp they hit earlier? I suppose bin laden's cousin was planning a new attack. To many times far to many times they are in the wrong.

Is not like I'm some far left luvvie either.

There is video footage if you care to look for it, of hamas going into built up areas, schools, mosques etc, and firing rockets from there

I'm not going to convince anyone that they're wrong... all I'm trying to say is that there needs to be a balanced view, both sides have done plenty wrong in this conflict

My question is, why is everyone so concerned about this conflict (that has a known terrorist cell on one side) but little social media commentary on other conflicts like:

Boko haram
Syrian civil war
Rojava Islamist conflict
Iraq civil war
Afghanistan conflict
Yemeni crisis
Tigray war
Myanmar kachin conflict
Nagorno-Karabakh conflict

The list goes on...

So, why is everybody so concerned about this particular conflict? Why does everybody have an ill-informed view on this? Or are you all saying you've read up on both sides??

There is video footage if you care to look for it, of hamas going into built up areas, schools, mosques etc, and firing rockets from there

I'm not going to convince anyone that they're wrong... all I'm trying to say is that there needs to be a balanced view, both sides have done plenty wrong in this conflict

My question is, why is everyone so concerned about this conflict (that has a known terrorist cell on one side) but little social media commentary on other conflicts like:

Boko haram
Syrian civil war
Rojava Islamist conflict
Iraq civil war
Afghanistan conflict
Yemeni crisis
Tigray war
Myanmar kachin conflict

The list goes on...

So, why is everybody so concerned about this particular conflict? Why does everybody have an ill-informed view on this? Or are you all saying you've read up on both sides??

Because Israel was given to Jewish people after the second world war partly to make amends for the horrendous ethnic cleansing they were subjected to during the war - and the way in which they, as a state, have conducted themselves since then has been remarkably similar to what they themselves were subjected to. Arabic people in Israel are basically second rate citizens. The Israeli state, not just some right wing nut jobs, the state of Israel, are claiming settlements in already settled areas with Arabic inhabitants - basically chucking them out of their homes with brute force to house settlers who somehow think they've got a right to this because of GHod.

It's beyond fudged. And yeah, of course the Palestine people will fight back, but the military force, the funding and political backing Israel have make the Palestinians massive underdogs. Palestinians have been treated like animals by the state of Israel for decades - there is no genuine "both sides" to the conflict, unless you somehow believe some gonad*s religious scripture dating 2000 years back claiming the land belongs to the Jews.

Because Israel was given to Jewish people after the second world war partly to make amends for the horrendous ethnic cleansing they were subjected to during the war - and the way in which they, as a state, have conducted themselves since then has been remarkably similar to what they themselves were subjected to. Arabic people in Israel are basically second rate citizens. The Israeli state, not just some right wing nut jobs, the state of Israel, are claiming settlements in already settled areas with Arabic inhabitants - basically chucking them out of their homes with brute force to house settlers who somehow think they've got a right to this because of GHod.

It's beyond fudged. And yeah, of course the Palestine people will fight back, but the military force, the funding and political backing Israel have make the Palestinians massive underdogs. Palestinians have been treated like animals by the state of Israel for decades - there is no genuine "both sides" to the conflict, unless you somehow believe some gonad*s religious scripture dating 2000 years back claiming the land belongs to the Jews.

Have you been to Israel? Reason I ask is because the 1st emboldened part of what you've written is not correct...

The 2nd emboldened part is also incorrect...

I doubt I'll be able to convince you though. I'd ask that you read more about this, but I'm not sure you will

Ultimately this is a football forum and I'm tired of trying to convince people to apply some balance to their views on this topic, so I'll leave it here

But, did you see my list of other active conflicts above? Why no outrage about them?

[QUOTE="Daisuk, post: 1458371, member: 601"believe some gonad*s religious scripture dating 2000 years back claiming the land belongs to the Jews.[/QUOTE]

Nut jobs claiming land. Its like the mad lady in town who claims her trolly is made of gold. We just let her believe it even though its obviously flimflam.

Have you been to Israel? Reason I ask is because the 1st emboldened part of what you've written is not correct...

The 2nd emboldened part is also incorrect...

I doubt I'll be able to convince you though. I'd ask that you read more about this, but I'm not sure you will

Ultimately this is a football forum and I'm tired of trying to convince people to apply some balance to their views on this topic, so I'll leave it here

But, did you see my list of other active conflicts above? Why no outrage about them?

I haven't been to Israel, but I've read numerous articles and books about how it is to live there as an Arab. You can call them biased if you want, that's fair enough.

The fact is - the state of Israel are throwing Arab people out of their houses to either build new houses for what they consider to be their primary citizens (Jews) or to move them straight in. They do this because they think they've got some divine right to. This is fact, this is happening, and it's been happening for years. Prove me wrong.

There are tons of conflicts in the world, and they do all get media coverage. The reason for this particular conflict getting more attention I will speculate have to do with a few things - geographical proximity, the politcial/military unfair balance, the time scale of the conflict and the primary source of the conflict.

Boko haram
Syrian civil war
Rojava Islamist conflict
Iraq civil war
Afghanistan conflict
Yemeni crisis
Tigray war
Myanmar kachin conflict

The list goes on...

The have been posts about Syria and Iraq but I think for me it is the way Israel a place that bit closer to home has pushed people out. I find it absolutely disgusting.

Back