• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Players Out: Rumours and Discussion

Only played well for 3 months? He scored 18 goals and created many others. Jesus, imagine he played well the whole season. Not only would be be the first player in the history of football to do so, he would also have smashed Clive Allen's record.

He seemed better because of who he replaced? FMD some people really do just make brick up to suit their personal opinion.

18 goals and 12 assists in a season. Tended to be good when he didn't score or assist too.

Irritatingly he was exactly the striker that we needed based upon his loan season with us.

18 goals and 12 assists in a season. Tended to be good when he didn't score or assist too.

Irritatingly he was exactly the striker that we needed based upon his loan season with us.

I thought the opposite that season. Many games where he played poorly but popped up with a goal or an assist. No doubting his stats for the year were decent, but stats don't tell the story of how ineffectual he was. Especially during our collapse where he missed several sitters and seemed to develop the ability to have the ball bounce off of him whenever he tried to control it.

I thought the opposite that season. Many games where he played poorly but popped up with a goal or an assist. No doubting his stats for the year were decent, but stats don't tell the story of how ineffectual he was. Especially during our collapse where he missed several sitters and seemed to develop the ability to have the ball bounce off of him whenever he tried to control it.

You're kidding. Stats don't tell the story? He scored 18 goals and in case you haven't realised, that's what decides football matches.

Can you name any player who played particularly well during that poor run?

During the collapse he didn't get that great service.

Not saying he was perfect, however he still held the ball up and got other players involved. I know stats don't tell the whole story, which is why i am also going on watching him during those matches.

This year yes, he developed the ball bouncing off him. He may have missed some sitters in his loan season, but what striker out there doesn't miss sitters every season? There aren't any.

ineffectual? :lol:

he was a key part of our attacking play/style that season. my biggest criticism of his performance that year was his erratic goal return, very patchy and often with long spells without a goal - however his general play : movement/link up/dragging defenders around/creativity etc etc as well as his general hard work impressed me greatly and rarely dipped below a high quality, imv of course.

i was dead against signing him on loan in the first place as i pretty much hated the guy but was won over in the end - probably part of the reason i have been trying to stick by him this season.

Fulham boss Martin Jol is ready to rival QPR for Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker.

Parker, 32, could be allowed to leave White Hart Lane if Spurs sign Brazilian midfielder Paulinho this summer .

QPR boss Harry Redknapp wants Parker but Fulham are also keen and Jol wants to table a £4m bid.

Sunderland have also been linked with the midfielder , who would have to fight for his place at White Hart Lane with the likes of Sandro and Moussa Dembele providing good cover in the centre of the park.

Parker joined Spurs in August 2011, starting in 56 matches in all competitions.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-transfer-news-scott-parker-1977212?

Yes, please!! [-o<

Don't a lot of clubs have votes for fan's favourites? Do we? What are last season's results?

I for one will not be upset if Parker goes. Never thought of Fulham, though. Is he after Clive Allen's record?

Will be delighted to see the back of Parker, fingers crossed that he's moved on.

I think if Paulinho comes in Parker is very likely to move on. I would also be happy about seeing the back of him. I appreciate what he did for us in his first season, particularly in the first half, but at this point he seems past his best and his second best isn't good enough for where we want to go.

Will be delighted to see the back of Parker, fingers crossed that he's moved on.

agree especially if we have a replacement lined up; but that's still a bit harsh - parker had a great season for us before this, and you can't doubt his commitment and desire.

this is the players that I think are going to leave:
Gomes
Bentley
Parker
Gallas
Khumalo
Rose
Dempsey
and maybe thudd :(

rose i prefer to keep and rotate with BAE to ensure we have a high octane left side.

dempsey - only unless we find a better striker and we unload defoe or ade first

agree especially if we have a replacement lined up; but that's still a bit harsh - parker had a great season for us before this, and you can't doubt his commitment and desire.

Nope but it's ability that ultimately counts and he's far from good enough. As for having a great season for us, hardly, he was good but overhyped.

Back