• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Players from the Premier League

Ginola99

Steven Caulker
Who would you take from the other premier league sides that would add something to the team or squad. Try and keep it realistic..

Edit - Looking back at who I have chosen if I had to pick a short list it would be... Michu/Berbatov (For the older hold up play), Weimann (For the young up and coming role) leaving some cash for a decent playmaker from abroad,..

Aston Villa -
Westwood,
Benteke,
Agbonlahor (Up and down season and would add some pace for not too much cash),
Weimann (Really like this guy.. Young, works hard and good finisher)

Everton -
Mirallas

Fulham
Kacaniklic (Tricky young player),
Frei (Again, tricky young player),
Emanuelson,
Berbatov (The guy has still got it)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Santon (Like a faster Corluka, Right footed but at LB for us),
Cabaye (Not that convinced he would come or be cheap)

QPR
Hoilett (At the right price),
Remy

Reading
Sean Morrison (Cheap and young),
Le Fondre (Fourth choice striker, the boy can finish).

Swansea -
Davies (I think Taylor will get his place back next season and this kid is good and a mate of Bale).
Hernandez (Always catches my eye)
Routledge (Yeah I know but he has a good season, i like him now he appears to have grown up and got a final ball. Got a feeling he is going to get an England cap soon),
Dyer (Cheap like for like for Lennon),
Michu (Love this guy, got more than a touch of Berbatov about him, he could be a one season wonder but I would rather take a chance now than wait to pay 15m next year).

Wigan
McCarthy
Mcmanaman

Michu is 27 already and has only managed 3 goals in 9 games since the League Cup final. The whole Swansea team has switched off, will be interesting to see how far that carries over into next season.

Who would you take from the other premier league sides that would add something to the team or squad. Try and keep it realistic..

Edit - Looking back at who I have chosen if I had to pick a short list it would be... Michu/Berbatov (For the older hold up play), Weimann (For the young up and coming role) leaving some cash for a decent playmaker from abroad,..

Aston Villa -
Westwood,
Benteke,
Agbonlahor (Up and down season and would add some pace for not too much cash),
Weimann (Really like this guy.. Young, works hard and good finisher)

Everton -
Mirallas

Fulham
Kacaniklic (Tricky young player),
Frei (Again, tricky young player),
Emanuelson,
Berbatov (The guy has still got it)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Santon (Like a faster Corluka, Right footed but at LB for us),
Cabaye (Not that convinced he would come or be cheap)

QPR
Hoilett (At the right price),
Remy

Reading
Sean Morrison (Cheap and young),
Le Fondre (Fourth choice striker, the boy can finish).

Swansea -
Davies (I think Taylor will get his place back next season and this kid is good and a mate of Bale).
Hernandez (Always catches my eye)
Routledge (Yeah I know but he has a good season, i like him now he appears to have grown up and got a final ball. Got a feeling he is going to get an England cap soon),
Dyer (Cheap like for like for Lennon),
Michu (Love this guy, got more than a touch of Berbatov about him, he could be a one season wonder but I would rather take a chance now than wait to pay 15m next year).

Wigan
McCarthy
Mcmanaman

Ginola - have you been on the sauce?
Most of the above will be no more than lower midtable Prem players IMHO - more than half will be Champsionship players.

Benteke has potential
Michu i think is very good - but he is already 15m
McCarthy is a good player - but i think is just the new Danny Murphy. Not special.
Ben Davis does look like a good prospect
Berba - yeah, still quality.

And have you realised you just tiped WAYNE ROUTLEDGE for England...........not even the circus that is the England squad deserves that

Mata, Carzola, Kompany, Silva and Zabaleta are the ones I'd like. Cabaye at a push.

With the tv revenue price inflation, it's not going to be a very fruitful place to shop

Aston Villa:
Christian Benteke

Everton:
Ross Barkley
Kevin Mirallas

Fulham:
Kerim Frei
Dimitar Berbatov

Saudi Sportswashing Machine:
Davide Santon
Yohan Cabaye
Hatem Ben Arfa

Queens Park Rangers:
Loic Remy

Reading:
Alex McCarthy

Southampton:
Nathaniel Clyne
Luke Shaw
Morgan Schneiderlin

I liked the look of Riether from what I saw of the Fulham/Pool game yesterday. Has an excellent cross on him.

Overpriced brick most of them tbh.
I think we'll be signing more Vertonghens, Lloriss and Holtbys in the future rather than MOTD players.
15 of our 17 non loan senior signing where from England under Redknapp.
Since he's gone 3 out of 7 have been from abroad.

Overpriced brick most of them tbh.
I think we'll be signing more Vertonghens, Lloriss and Holtbys in the future rather than MOTD players.
15 of our 17 non loan senior signing where from England under Redknapp.
Since he's gone 3 out of 7 have been from abroad.

Vertonghen had already been identified by Redknapp as a signing he wanted.

Vertonghen had already been identified by Redknapp as a signing he wanted.

We don't know who identified him though, just that Redknapp was okay with signing him. I think the only one truly identified by Redknapp was Remy.

I would be hugely tempted to raid Southampton if we were able. It's not particularly feasible, but none of the PL deals will be this year with the increase in TV revenue.

Schneiderlin, Shaw, Ward-Prowse, Cork. All good players in my view.

We don't know who identified him though, just that Redknapp was okay with signing him. I think the only one truly identified by Redknapp was Remy.

yeah, what i meant was that if Redknapp had stayed then we would have signed Vertonghen anyway. Our fave Dutchman was at the Lane for the Fulham game so talks must have been going on for a while

Also we would have signed Dembele because he was one we had been watching for a good while whilst redknapp was here, and all that we were waiting for was to resolution of the Modric sale

yeah, what i meant was that if Redknapp had stayed then we would have signed Vertonghen anyway. Our fave Dutchman was at the Lane for the Fulham game so talks must have been going on for a while

Also we would have signed Dembele because he was one we had been watching for a good while whilst redknapp was here, and all that we were waiting for was to resolution of the Modric sale

Even if both of those are true the numbers would still point quite heavily towards Redknapp preferring players from the Premier League by a considerable margin, for better or for worse. More so than AVB, by what is so far fairly limited evidence mind.

Back