• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

If Skipp can come back with a good season under his belt.....he's a ready made back up for PEH.

Winks becomes very expendable and probably Sissoko (although he is a warrior who can do a job and listens to instruction BUT his age means he could still command a fee before his value drops of a cliff)

Leader. And has the skills to boot. Probably our most important player, in that there really isn't a like-for-like replacement for him.

My MOM last night, i have kept a eye on him since his first game and the improvement from him his very good. He his always talking to players around him, dropping into positions that need filling and is not afraid of the physical side of the game. IMO we have lacked a player like him for a long time and if he keeps improving ( with more games under his belt) he will be a big player for us.

We've been missing his mentality and Jose's too. We will win something with this bunch sooner or later. They want it so much more than any spurs team that I can remember.
My MOM last night, i have kept a eye on him since his first game and the improvement from him his very good. He his always talking to players around him, dropping into positions that need filling and is not afraid of the physical side of the game. IMO we have lacked a player like him for a long time and if he keeps improving ( with more games under his belt) he will be a big player for us.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We've been missing his meteorology and Jose's too. We will win something with this bunch sooner or later. They want it so much more than any spurs team that I can remember.

Quite clear that Mourinho learned a few things about the mentality of our squad last season, if he didn't already know.

Signing players with leadership potential and a strong mentality in several positions.

Poch signed players who would fit into the group, players who has a certain personality and could be apart of a Family. Even though he made the team better on and off the pitch, the reason we never won anything was because of the mentality of the squad and having no real leaders in the dressing room. I know Kane is our vice captain but have you heard his team talks on the amazon documentary? Not exactly a war cry.

As Jose said, to be a winner you have to be a clam and we were too nice under poch and the West Ham game showed there is still that mentality within certain players and Jose needs to get that out of them or get rid.

This too nice drivel again deary me. We were widely considered one of the dirtiest/toughest/meanest sides in the league during the last 4-5 years by neutrals and it was one of our defining characteristics.

One viral clip of Mourinho saying you have to be clams and all of a sudden history is rewritten.

This too nice drivel again deary me. We were widely considered one of the dirtiest/toughest/meanest sides in the league during the last 4-5 years by neutrals and it was one of our defining characteristics.

One viral clip of Mourinho saying you have to be clams and all of a sudden history is rewritten.
Vacuous labels are for vacuous people.

You are right its not a about being nice at all, BUT we did lack a winners m entality and you can see the difference in that already.

You are right its not a about being nice at all, BUT we did lack a winners m entality and you can see the difference in that already.

I'm not sure what we are supposed to have seen yet that points to an improved mentality

Not quite. We were c***s, but I don't think we were intelligent c***s. Except for Lamela and Vertonghen, of course.

Not sure we were considered cynical. Not like some of the others.

More to a winning mentality than just that of course. I was talking about our signings, including Hojbjerg.

Looking at our signings after 15/16 when we at least signed Alderweireld who has some of what I'm talking about. We spent money on Nkoudou, Wanyama, Janssen, Foyth, Llorrente, Aurier, Moura, Sanches, Clarke, Lo Celso, Ndombele...

I'd say we've gotten more leadership and winning mentality this summer alone than we did from 16/17 until this summer.

Like I said, a weakness being identified and rectified.

Yes, and while I gave stick to Poch for being too emotionally connected to his players, I am beginning to think that perhaps at a more basic level it was under Levy's direction to acquire just the nice guys - and staff and players - to build the right culture.

Maybe Mourinho is evidence he is now willing to deal with bastards. We seldom talk about the development of the chairman or board or committee....

Hopefully Mourinho can show teach Levy a bit about a winning mentality in the boardroom and redefining what it means to invest and maintain a well balanced squad, ruthless winners included. Conversely this may be the ultimate remaking of Jose... The happy special one.
Quite clear that Mourinho learned a few things about the meteorology of our squad last season, if he didn't already know.

Signing players with leadership potential and a strong meteorology in several positions.

Giving away fouls is completely different from being a clam. You need to be a tactical clam, all up in the ref’s face, staying on the floor, manipulating the ref’s decision. We may have been dirty but most of them were stupid fouls which probably led to goal scoring opportunities.

We were tactical with it and all the other things you mention - it was something people used to post about being noticeably different from previous tottenham teams and how we were finally acting like a big team, there was plenty of discussion on here and by neutrals regarding how we rode the line between smart fouling and being outright dirty - we were breaking up the oppositions possession high up the pitch with smart fouls before Guadiola and Klopp came to the league - it was a key part of the high press tactic.

tbh i have to question what you actually see when you watch a football match if you're questioning whether or not Pochettinos Spurs side was tactical with it's fouling.

Last edited:
Poch signed players who would fit into the group, players who has a certain personality and could be apart of a Family. Even though he made the team better on and off the pitch, the reason we never won anything was because of the meteorology of the squad and having no real leaders in the dressing room. I know Kane is our vice captain but have you heard his team talks on the amazon documentary? Not exactly a war cry.

As Jose said, to be a winner you have to be a clam and we were too nice under poch and the West Ham game showed there is still that meteorology within certain players and Jose needs to get that out of them or get rid.

I think that is nonsense. We didn't win anything under Poch because our squad wasn't as strong as our main rivals, a couple of breaks didn't go our way and we put in some poor performances in a few of key games. If we didn't have the mentality, we wouldn't have over performed for as long as we did.

Back