• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Peter & The Test Tube Babies

Gordinho

Banned
Anybody remember them?

Were they any good? They're playing in a dive pub near me next week, are they worth a visit?

Used to love em!!!

Spotty oicks from Brighton.

If they were playing near me, I'd be straight there, but I'm guessing the years won't have been kind!!!!

Saw them many times, but TBH, they were very unpolished.

Used to love em!!!

Spotty oicks from Brighton.

If they were playing near me, I'd be straight there, but I'm guessing the years won't have been kind!!!!

Saw them many times, but TBH, they were very unpolished.

I may wander down then, the worst that can happen is that I drink beer and watch a dodgy band. At least I'll have drunk beer.

I may wander down then, the worst that can happen is that I drink beer and watch a dodgy band. At least I'll have drunk beer.

And that's the way to view it.

There was a band around at that time called Slaughter and the dogs who were far superior. If they were playing, I'd highly recommend them. Had an anthem called "Where have all the boot boys gone". Brilliant.

And that's the way to view it.

There was a band around at that time called Slaughter and the dogs who were far superior. If they were playing, I'd highly recommend them. Had an anthem called "Where have all the boot boys gone". Brilliant.

I remember the name although I never saw them.

Could go on all night about this.

Clearing out the loft this week i found box after box of old vinyl. Some of the obscure punk stuff I collected.........jeez. Can't believe some of them are still alive.

Ahhh..........memories.

Could go on all night about this.

Clearing out the loft this week i found box after box of old vinyl. Some of the obscure punk stuff I collected.........jeez. Can't believe some of them are still alive.

Ahhh..........memories.

Don't even think about doing to them what you would with the VHS tapes.

My sister died about 17 years ago and her husband offered me her collection of old Stax, Atlantic and Trojan singles, I told him to hang onto them as keepsakes but as a Pink Floyd man it wasn't his cup of tea, long story short, my other brother in law took the lot from him and it was sold off for a pittance. In a way hearing those sounds coming through my sister's bedroom door via the old Alba formed part of my musical heritage.

Set yourself a night aside and a pack of beer, digitise the lot while listening to it, all it takes is a cheap turntable, a pre-amp and some free software. In no time you could be shaping the soundtrack of your kids youth. :)

Just from running my twenty year old daughter around I've got her to appreciate a bit of The Kinks when I've had it on in the car, I always think you take to music better when you absorb it by osmosis rather than being told to sit down and have someone's taste imposed on you.

My sister died about 17 years ago and her husband offered me her collection of old Stax, Atlantic and Trojan singles, I told him to hang onto them as keepsakes but as a Pink Floyd man it wasn't his cup of tea, long story short, my other brother in law took the lot from him and it was sold off for a pittance. In a way hearing those sounds coming through my sister's bedroom door via the old Alba formed part of my musical heritage.

Set yourself a night aside and a pack of beer, digitise the lot while listening to it, all it takes is a cheap turntable, a pre-amp and some free software. In no time you could be shaping the soundtrack of your kids youth. :)

Just from running my twenty year old daughter around I've got her to appreciate a bit of The Kinks when I've had it on in the car, I always think you take to music better when you absorb it by osmosis rather than being told to sit down and have someone's taste imposed on you.

Yeh, but, some of it sounds bloody brick now!!!

I just won 62 LPs off Ebay for $90. All black music from 50's, 60's and 70's. Absolute f***ing steal!. Been listening to nothing but Aretha, Otis, Smokey etc for the past couple of days. I'm a soul man...

Peter & The Test Tube Babies will be an experience for sure. I cannot promise the greatest night of your life, but if you like to view life as a Mike Leigh film sometimes, I believe 'tis an evening from which you could get great rewards!

Peter & The Test Tube Babies will be an experience for sure. I cannot promise the greatest night of your life, but if you like to view life as a Mike Leigh film sometimes, I believe 'tis an evening from which you could get great rewards!

I still go a bit funny when Mike Leigh's name is mentioned mainly due to my fondness for his ex wife. Full bodied and up for a laugh, she's the same too from what I've read.

Last edited:
I still go a bit funny when Mike Leigh's name is mentioned mainly due to my fondness for his ex wife. Full bodied and up for a laugh, she's the same too from what I've read.

Alison Steadman right? Yes indeed...us middle-agers agree mate!

Back