• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Peter Herbert; now is your time to stand up and shout!

thfcsteff

Terry Dyson
In light of the racist-motivted scuffles in Lyon last night, in light of the racist-motivated attack in Rome before, I'd like to ask where Peter Herbert of the SBL is right now?

Having chosen to put Tottenham Hotspur at the forefront of his anti-semetic campaign by accusing the club of being soft on anti-semitism, and advocating action against supporters chanting 'yid army' and the like, Herbert has seemingly succeeded only in making sure that we are a wonderful, big, fat target for anti-semites/racists abroad. I don't remember anything of this nature during the CL, or previous EL campaigns pre-Herbert, and on the few times I've seen us in Europe there's been nothing of the sort.

So I can only conclude that thanks to Peter Herbert's very public campaign, Spurs have become a bigger target for racist attacks. Yet it appears that the previously very vocal Mr. Herbert has lost his tongue.

If Peter Herbert is heartfelt and serious, he will address these attacks and comment. If, however, Peter Herbert is an agenda-filled brick-stirrer who wanders away from messes created, as it could appear, then I would suggest we can expect him to be silent.

I would LOVE Peter Herbert to show his true colours and come out swinging with regards to these attacks, to prove to me and perhaps everyone who knows of his previous 'work' that he is (indeed) heartfelt with his concerns...I'm waiting with interest to see what happens in the coming days...thoughts?

I wouldn't think it beyond him to try and link it to our fans using the term 'yid' and our jewish heritage. It's really our fault for not being bland enough. (<- sarcasm)

in marky's basement with chich.

You see, this is where I have a massive issue with some posters and their WOEFUL inaccuracies...have you learnt nothing mate? CHICH DOESN'T TRAVEL. IT'S ALWAYS HIS BASEMENT! So Marky's the visitor!

:lol:

Just as a side note - I don't think there is any proof (yet) the Lyon attacks were racially motivated

Last edited:
Presume we will get another fine or punishment from UEFA for this seeing as we 'have previous' this season from our visit to Rome.

As we are now known as a jewish club we are going to get this when we go abroad and it is up to the police to portect us, im not a fan of the EU but i thought the whole point of it was to protect the citizens of europe.

If we were a club with a large muslim following the guardian would be going mental about this, but i guess jews don't count as people:rolleyes:

There's a video clip on the Guardian site. Doesn't look like a big group. Certainly trying to do some damage.

Daily Mail had a reporter on the scene. Decent story and quotes.

Telegraph last paper to run the story. Too busy conducting an inquest into Wenger and the Popguns. Henry Winter covers himself in filth.

Terrible attitudes being shown across Europe a good half a century after Hitler and who have we got next up......Inter Milan - that should mean a few knives get sharpened for our visit to the San Siro.

Good point though Steff, this joke of a solicitor has been quiet on actual issues which matter as opposed to some chanting debate.

I'll bet a pound to a pinch of brick that the Paul Elliott affair doesn't make it on to the the Black Lawyer website.

Indeed Gordy...it will be very interesting to see...but we know he's not going to surface any time soon.

In light of the racist-motivted scuffles in Lyon last night, in light of the racist-motivated attack in Rome before, I'd like to ask where Peter Herbert of the SBL is right now?

Having chosen to put Tottenham Hotspur at the forefront of his anti-semetic campaign by accusing the club of being soft on anti-semitism, and advocating action against supporters chanting 'yid army' and the like, Herbert has seemingly succeeded only in making sure that we are a wonderful, big, fat target for anti-semites/racists abroad. I don't remember anything of this nature during the CL, or previous EL campaigns pre-Herbert, and on the few times I've seen us in Europe there's been nothing of the sort.

So I can only conclude that thanks to Peter Herbert's very public campaign, Spurs have become a bigger target for racist attacks. Yet it appears that the previously very vocal Mr. Herbert has lost his tongue.

If Peter Herbert is heartfelt and serious, he will address these attacks and comment. If, however, Peter Herbert is an agenda-filled brick-stirrer who wanders away from messes created, as it could appear, then I would suggest we can expect him to be silent.

I would LOVE Peter Herbert to show his true colours and come out swinging with regards to these attacks, to prove to me and perhaps everyone who knows of his previous 'work' that he is (indeed) heartfelt with his concerns...I'm waiting with interest to see what happens in the coming days...thoughts?

=D> My thoughts exactly.

Still the silence is deafening.

Back