• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

For me the most disappointing feature of his play has been the fact that he shirks it when tackled. I have seen him jump over plenty already.

For me the most disappointing feature of his play has been the fact that he shirks it when tackled. I have seen him jump over plenty already.

He always seems to slow down, put his arms out and dangle a leg into it. Criminal.

amazing how so many were happy at his arrival based just on a few good performances in the Confed cup

i remember we signed Pav on the back of Euro 2008, Dumitrescu because of his 1994 WC performances

very dangerous is tournament football

amazing how so many were happy at his arrival based just on a few good performances in the Confed cup

i remember we signed Pav on the back of Euro 2008, Dumitrescu because of his 1994 WC performances

very dangerous is tournament football

To be fair to most people that's all they had to judge him on. His reputation was big too. Players like Riquelme were in awe of him too

think he'll be a different player next season - big change coming from the Brazilian league

Aren't Brazilian managers discouraged from picking players who have gone to Eastern Europe?

Anyway, we'll see if this continues now Fernandinho is in England now.

Interesting. I'm sure I've heard something similar before...anybody know why this is? Is it a political/moral thing to do with an assumption that the given player is obviously a) purely interested in money over quality football b) involved much more insidiously with 3rd party ownership and they don't want to directly reward that??

ANyone else throw their hands up in the air and concede defeat when he came on today?

Many on here did that three days before the game started, so don't go trying to pin this defeat on Paulinho. Or was it his fault that they scored when he was still on the bench?

Many on here did that three days before the game started, so don't go trying to pin this defeat on Paulinho. Or was it his fault that they scored when he was still on the bench?

Not his fault at all...it's Sherwood's fault for putting him on.

Not sure his performance needs commenting upon, neither he nor Siggy did all that much once they came on although there were one or two good moments where they linked up

To be fair to most people that's all they had to judge him on. His reputation was big too. Players like Riquelme were in awe of him too

I think in the summer most people are stupidly optimist and just happy to get anyone they can in.

But there were a few who didnt want him, thought his fee would stop us being able to sign a top striker and wondered where our creative midfielder was coming from.

Paulinho... what does he do?

He doesn't defend. Doesn't attack. Doesn't tackle. Doesn't score enough. Doesn't create.

The new Frank Lampard? HILARIOUS.

In fergies book he says you always have to be wary when there is no competition to sign someone. Who did we fight off for Paulinho? Speaking to an ex spurs coach on Friday, He said Paulinho's feet are firmly up waiting for the world cup now. The Charlie Adam incident must have scared him (be fair he was magnificent in that game until the tackle).

He is Jenas long lost cousin :)

More seriously not properly deployed. I feel that AVB extracted more out of him than Sherwood, and for him to excel he needs to have two brilliant strikers ahead of him.

He is Jenas long lost cousin :)

More seriously not properly deployed. I feel that AVB extracted more out of him than Sherwood, and for him to excel he needs to have two brilliant strikers ahead of him.

For him to excel he needs to start by showing a bit of effort at least.

For him to excel he needs to start by showing a bit of effort at least.

We won't see it this season. There's probably a good player in there but I wouldn't pick him for the remaining matches, and I would look to shift him on for his lack of professionalism.

We won't see it this season. There's probably a good player in there but I wouldn't pick him for the remaining matches, and I would look to shift him on for his lack of professionalism.

There is indeed a good player in there, it's been seen in the Brazil team.

To me he looks like he isn't enjoying his role. Effort follows interest?

I still remember his press conference where he broke down in tears about leaving Corinthians. I strongly suspect his heart is simply not into being in England.

So yeah, he might not be enjoying his role. But also perhaps he isn't enjoying life and is basically homesick.

Back