• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulinho

Re: Official - Paulinho

How frustrating will it be if Paulinho plays like a genius at the World Cup displaying performances that many of us know that he is capable of but has yet to consistently display.

Well when RM scouts 'discover' him he'll cost an extra 20 million

i think i only like seeing him play when he's in behind the striker. not sure he's quite right at the moment in a deeper role the play can pass him by. he has incredible awareness and control (sometimes!) of the ball, and his ability to pick an instant pass can be amazing.

next year this guy will dominate everything, but for now lets put him behind ade. i really really like dembele from the right wing with paulinho in the hole, as paulinho really does have a great ability to get into spaces and dembele has a great ability to create them.

I'm not sure I get the criticism of him to be honest. I think he's quality and is miles better than Dembele, he's a goal threat, a decent passer, has decent positioning and is one of the few players to make forward runs beyond the strikers. Bearing in mind it's his first season I think he has done well, and hopefully will be even better next year when he's fully adjusted to the league and his new team mates.

look im half brazlian so may be biassed but he will playing at cm at number 8 in this yrs wc......and you doubt him ???

I'm not sure I get the criticism of him to be honest. I think he's quality and is miles better than Dembele, he's a goal threat, a decent passer, has decent positioning and is one of the few players to make forward runs beyond the strikers. Bearing in mind it's his first season I think he has done well, and hopefully will be even better next year when he's fully adjusted to the league and his new team mates.

^^This.

I agreed, I think Paulie has been one of the best buys from the summer, and he's a midfielder that is capable of 10 or more goals a season - isn't that one of the things we have been crying out for?

as has already been said, play him in an advanced role and you will see the best of him

This, the goal against barcodes showed his awareness and commitment to attack.

I've always felt we have missed on having a midfielder that either follows up, or runs beyond our front line to create that extra man in attack.

Came to us on the back of basically 18 months of non-stop football, into a totally alien league, country, culture

Does he not get the season to bed in like most other foreign players normally do

I mean, Henry, Bergkamp, Modric, Zola were all world beaters in their 1st season werent they, NOT

I agree with this.

I think Paulinho in the right role (as part of a 3 man midfield, with the license to get box to box) within a settled side and with a season of acclimitisation under his belt, will be an absolute beast. A bit of a Lampard/Ramires hybird IMHO and could be a 10-15 goals (minimum) from midfield man.

Lot more to come from a CM who is a stalwart of the Brazil national team, IMHO

Last edited:

Happy to hold my hands up as I've expressed frustration with him. Deployed correctly, he's well worth his place.

Agreed. He got tired, to be expected, and he is NOT a tackler of might, but was happy when we signed him and have always seen his quality. I genuinely believe that when Sandro is 100% fit and replaces Dembele, it will be even better for him!

Back