• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Passing Chalkboards thread

The thing that jumps out at me there is how Eriksen, Chadli and Soldado worked as a unit covering the whole width of the pitch while also interchanging sides. And people say Sherwood had no tactics today? That doesn't happen by accident. There's more creativity and last 3rd dynamism there than there was in half a season of AVB's sides huffing and puffing.

Also where Bentaleb plays - a lot further forward than I'd have thought would be natural for a deep lying playmaker - he's basically forward of the half way line on average - which shows one of the benefits of that high line.

Finally, Soldado's little turquoise triangle is so cute.

The thing that jumps out at me there is how Eriksen, Chadli and Soldado worked as a unit covering the whole width of the pitch while also interchanging sides. And people say Sherwood had no tactics today? That doesn't happen by accident. There's more creativity and last 3rd dynamism there than there was in half a season of AVB's sides huffing and puffing.

Also where Bentaleb plays - a lot further forward than I'd have thought would be natural for a deep lying playmaker - he's basically forward of the half way line on average - which shows one of the benefits of that high line.

Finally, Soldado's little turquoise triangle is so cute.

Well, lets see if TS plays Chadli/Eriksen/Soldado in the next game, and does he start Siggy?

To me it was obvious a while back Eriksen/Soldado adds something to the side, but he choses not to play one or the other ..

Sorry Steve - there must be some mistake, you've got Lennon listed as playing today... Tells the same story we saw unfold, as does Naughton's crossing stats - he had more chance of finding maddie than a teammate

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2014/matches/755322

348hptw.jpg

dccy1s.jpg

sxzuxl.jpg

2eolgud.jpg

wummiv.jpg

OK

Compare Lloris' short passing above (always succesful) with last year's punting, as evidenced nicely in this post from January:

It does seem to be the weakest part of Hugo' game and barely a quarter of his long kicks have found a teammate this season, by far the worst out of any of the Top 7' keepers.

Here's the passing chalkboards for the Top 7' goalies who've played at the Liberty Stadium this season, only Howard' long punts were more wayward. I'm not sure if Lloris declined the opportunities to play it short though, as he appeared to do when I was sat level with his pen area for the League Cup game last month and watched him usher away Chiriches several times in order to hoof it.

Also compare Eriksen and Chadli's passing diagrams, it highlights what completely different roles they play in the team, even though they are lumped into the category of "1 of the 3 behind the striker"

real poor from ade

Doesn't reflect the effort he put in for me. Okay he fired blanks but he looked our only threat most of the time. Liverpool's defence was incredibly well organised, better players would have struggled against them today, especially given the lack of support.

Look at Bentaleb's chalkboard compared to Capoue's, it's very worrying. He's operating in a 2 man midfield but is playing more or less exclusively as a left sided player leaving Capoue to try and cover far too big an area. Liverpool exposed this area time and again as we were simply a man light in there.

Very strange positional play from Bentaleb.

Back