• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Panorama: Trouble on the Estate

Richie

Naybet
Anyone watch this? I'm raging so hard over it.

Theres a hardworking family on it, the dad got made redundant from a factory job so he went and got 2 part time cleaning jobs for £100/week. They make the point that people on benefits are better off than they are.

Then it cuts to a bunch of early 20s lads who get asked if they would do it, they come out with some brick like 'who wants to be a cleaner?' and 'why bother if you get the same on benefits', both of whom confess to smoking weed as part of their daily routine.

The to a woman who also says she smokes weed regularly and is seen rolling up a fag every time she's on screen. The guy asks if the job center put a job in front of her and said you're working tomorrow what would she do? She says she'd ask them if they were having a laugh.

Later in the show this fat bitch has her kid expelled from school and didn't even discipline him, she says 'well he knows what he did was wrong, not point in taking away his xbox'. How the fudge can this bitch who has been out of work for 8 years and has 4 kids afford an xbox?

fudging ****s

Last edited:
It angers me as well but I genuinely can't blame them one bit unfortunately put the blame solely at the governments door for letting them get away with it.

Can't blame them one bit? Really?

Why should they be any different to what they are? They've got a comfortable life why should they do anything different other than pick up however much money they get GIVEN for doing absolutely fudge all. Fair enough self respect etc but seriously this country won't sort it self out until government grows some fudging balls and says enough I enough if you ain't willing to work quite simply you're on the streets

I saw the programme advertised and thought there's not a lot of point in watching it, it's going to be a) grimmer than an extended episode of Eastenders on Christmas day, b) representing feckless behaviour as representative of most people on benefits or c) a combination of a&b. Sounds as if option b was chosen. I know when I've done my bit for the day if I switch on my telly it's to entertained-not brought down and reminded what a mug I am for supporting spongers.

Nothing will change anyway, regardless of government, it's been going on since I can remember.

It's a globalised world. There are millions of Indians, Africans, Thais, Brazilians who would work their nuts off to live in our countries.

There are hundreds of thousands of people who live in our countries who take it for granted.

Lets send these people to the brickholes where no one wants to live and let them know what poverty and struggle are like. It should be a privilige to live in countries like UK & Australia. But if you don't want to contribute to it, fudge off.

Why should they be any different to what they are? They've got a comfortable life why should they do anything different other than pick up however much money they get GIVEN for doing absolutely fudge all. Fair enough self respect etc but seriously this country won't sort it self out until government grows some fudging balls and says enough I enough if you ain't willing to work quite simply you're on the streets

I'll tell you why, because people should have respect for this country, should have respect for others and should have respect for themselves.

There is no free pot of cash. Everything taken from society is earned by someone else.

People always blaming the government. When are people going to stand up and decide for themselves the difference between right and wrong?

I know someone who falls into this category. Fell pregnant twice by the same guy who did a runner after the first one and paid no maintenance yet returned and she forgave him to do the same thing. She now lives in a new flat, doesn't work, facebook most of the day while I get up at 5am each morning to try and better myself.

fudge people like her; she is nothing but scum in my eyes who's a parasite to society. I'm waiting for a government who will come down hard on people like her because sooner or later society will get worse, people will need to work harder and longer to carry the expanding worthless people who sit around and do nothing up until the point where the working man will have enough.

It's a globalised world. There are millions of Indians, Africans, Thais, Brazilians who would work their nuts off to live in our countries.

There are hundreds of thousands of people who live in our countries who take it for granted.

Lets send these people to the brickholes where no one wants to live and let them know what poverty and struggle are like. It should be a privilige to live in countries like UK & Australia. But if you don't want to contribute to it, fudge off.

I work in IT and alongside many Indians who come over to work in an industry requiring skilled workers.

They work hard, study continuously, disciplined and know their stuff.

Their culture has made them who they are. They come from near poverty and see an education as the only way out. Competition is high but they know there is no free form of benefits that mirrors the UK.

There's a lot about this that riles me, but one of the things that really gets me is the disgusting state some of these people allow their properties to get into.
The broken down cars in pieces littering their front gardens and streets, the rubbish strewn everywhere. The un-repaired fences, windows, guttering etc.....the list is endless.
This isn't caused by being on benefits. This is pure disrespect for the environment around them, and total lazyness on their part.

I don't live in a posh house. My street is rows of mid-terrace 1950s built ex local authority properties with next to no input from the local council in maintaining the area.
But, on a day off on monday, I spent hours maintaining the grass verge directly in front of my and my neighbours house. Edging, strimming, mowing, weeding, even sweeping the rubbish up in the gutter where I park. Spotless. And it shows.

If these people have so much time on their hands, why can't they do this and improve the area where they live?

Again, poverty (alleged) doesn't make mess. People make mess. And they choose to live like this. No excuse.

Scum.

Back