• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Overrated

Big Bang theory I actually like.

I'm also going to chuck in How I Met Your Mother. Perhaps I would actually like it if I was to watch a full episode but every time I've flicked it on when there's been nothing else on I find myself turning over again within 15 miniutes as I find it very unfunny. Also think it's trying to live off the hype of 'Friends' and draw in over obsessed fans who miss it.

That last criticism can equally be applied to The Big Bang Theory. In the past Friends always seemed like a 'go to' programme, if you had a group of randoms together in a room and needed to watch something on TV at that moment.

Friends would be on TV; most people can at least tolerate the show, and so on goes Friends. It's inoffensive, enjoyable enough for half an hour and kinda middle ground fare.

The same can be said about Big Bang Theory, but I find The Big Bang Theory to be funnier.

Music - Keane / Lady GaGa / 50 Cent
Film - Wolf of Wall Street / Avatar
TV - The Shield / The Big Bang

Goodfellas and The Beatles overrated? :ross:

Goodfellas is one of the best gangster movies ever made. The film is pure brilliance from start to end and much of it based on Henry Hill's real life experience. This is a masterpiece.

The Beatles; Again unreal talent and creativity. Try playing one of their tunes on your guitar let alone create it..! 50+ years on a new generations still appreciate their talent. Now that is what you call amazing.

No, thought it was extremely overrated (and i'm usually a fan of war films).

I usually agree with you but not on this :lol:

I thought it was stunning, as much as I loved Lost, they ripped off Band Of Brother with the way they focus on a different character every episode.

The episodes in the Belgian forest Bastogne really stick in my mind, they had to fight in those frigid conditions with no winter clothes, must have been hell.

Goodfellas and The Beatles overrated? :ross:

Goodfellas is one of the best gangster movies ever made. The film is pure brilliance from start to end and much of it based on Henry Hill's real life experience. This is a masterpiece.

The Beatles; Again unreal talent and creativity. Try playing one of their tunes on your guitar let alone create it..! 50+ years on a new generations still appreciate their talent. Now that is what you call amazing.

I think The Beatles were overrated in the sense that I thought both The Stones and The Who were both better bands from that era. The Who were unquestionably better musicians.

I think just the fact that the Stones are still around and touring has lead many to think of them a bit more fondly than the Beatles. Beatles for me though are the greatest musical group to have ever existed.

The Who may have been better musicians, but Led Zeppelin were even better still.

Back