• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our scouting network

The most worrying part of this article is the very last line. It is worrying when a respected member of the recruitment setup chooses to leave and join Arsenal. Worrying because it either means they are paying more than us, offering more backing than we are, offering more responsibility than we are or a combination of those things.

Hard to know what kind of job he done at Spurs in charge of emerging talent, could we attribute Udogie and others to him who knows? We have signed more "emerging talent" than most, that side of Spurs strategy seems to rub the more ambitious fans up the wrong way so not sure the "not backed" excuse holds much weight but then again who knows.

I would not take much notice of him joining Arsenal as a sign of being good at his job, the bloke we sacked was at Real Madrid

I'm surprised anyone would want to employ someone in that position if he had a record of passing information about a companies business, says to me he's an untrustworthy person.

Hard to know what kind of job he done at Spurs in charge of emerging talent, could we attribute Udogie and others to him who knows? We have signed more "emerging talent" than most, that side of Spurs strategy seems to rub the more ambitious fans up the wrong way so not sure the "not backed" excuse holds much weight but then again who knows.

I would not take much notice of him joining Arsenal as a sign of being good at his job, the bloke we sacked was at Real Madrid
No
The guy who has gone arsenal was at Everton before and is all about much younger players from what my mate said

No

The guy who has gone arsenal was at Everton before and is all about much younger players from what my mate said

You have read my post wrong, I'm saying the guy who walked out or we sacked for giving out info was at Real Madrid and wasn't much cop. So I wouldn't make much of this other guy going to Arsenal as a sign of him being top notch

I watch a lot of Columbian football. The guy is a colossus. He is very important to me. There are things he has that you don't often see at 22. He has a really strong chance of playing in the national team, and I'd be very surprised if he doesn't make a move across the pond.

Hahaha you should be a scout
G

What do you mean by him not having a good track record? Perkins is extremely well respected in the game.
Is he
By who?
We clearly didn’t mind as we let him go
Then he joined arsenal … well that’s from the reports I’ve read and also want I was told by a scout for arsenal
Of course it’s possible it was all lined up before hand

and his track record is for bringing young players in at derby
None of note since so far

Is he
By who?
We clearly didn’t mind as we let him go
Then he joined arsenal … well that’s from the reports I’ve read and also want I was told by a scout for arsenal
Of course it’s possible it was all lined up before hand

and his track record is for bringing young players in at derby
None of note since so far
We didn’t let him go, he resigned.

Tottenham planning exits for long-serving scouts as part of staff restructure​

Tottenham Hotspur are letting go five of the club’s longest serving scouts as part of the ongoing restructuring of their football staff.

Ian Broomfield, Augusto Benito and Colin Jackson are all leaving as part of Tottenham’s transformation of their scouting team.
The move is part of a complete review of football operations dating back to the arrival of chief football officer Scott Munn in September 2023. Tottenham then appointed Johan Lange as technical director in October 2023, with Rob Mackenzie following as Tottenham’s new chief scout.

Broomfield was Tottenham chief scout back in the Harry Redknapp era, before leaving in January 2013. Broomfield then returned to the club as a senior scout, a position he has held for years. Benito was in charge of scouting Spain and Portugal while Jackson scouted first-team and youth players in the north of England. Tika Musonda, a senior scout who joined from Chelsea in 2022, and Dave Butler are also set to exit.
“The review of our football operations continues and involves the restructuring of a number of departments”, said a Tottenham spokesperson.

Back