• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our fans

At half time?!?!?! He changed it and we won. And he didn't change because of the booing. It's just a lack of patience and more importantly a lack of class. PLus it couldn't be more damaging for the team when we need them the most!

Agreed. If fans think they can positively influence the outcome of a game, a players desire to win or the managers tactics by booing they are sadly mistaken.

Still, each to their own (but i still think they are.... well you know).

Fair enough. So you consider yourself to be classier than a fan that boo's? I'd stop digging if I were you lol.

How do you know I don't :) But yeah, I think I'm classier than a fan who boos a team off at half time who desperately need our support.

I think the lack of songs is evident. Qpr fans were taunting us in the first half and of course you get the "Oh when the Spurs..." but not much else. We dont have a lot of songs so it goes quite.

Today I understood why fans boo'd (I didnt agree with it and dislike booing but I understand), The first half just well... I cant express the feeling around.

At half time?!?!?! He changed it and we won. And he didn't change because of the booing. It's just a lack of patience and more importantly a lack of class. PLus it couldn't be more damaging for the team when we need them the most!

Absolutely, 100% this.

Sorry, I think the current 'fan' who boos right now lacks patience and perspective, let alone the reality that these are the time you have to hang in and give them your UNCONDITIONAL support. There again, I genuinely believe that modern society has become so much about instant gratification that nobody has the patience or COURAGE to take a step back, survey the scene and recognise the facts versus the impetus.

I was also dismayed by the first-half, yet said to my mate that I felt we'd still win it because the HT changes were so blindingly obvious that a coach such as AVB would quite obviously make them!!!

I am absolutely convinced this will be met with a flurry of hindsight revisionism (both short and long-term in nature sadly) and it's very, very sad. If ever there was a time to be a loyal, smart and passionate supporter, this is it.

I have never ever booed the side in a football ground, ditto the manager. I have found myself questioning them, but always very quickly shout out a COYS, sing or some such action. This club is a part of me and a part of you; if you want that to REALLY be the case, then I believe that you DO NOT boo 'yourselves' when you can clearly see there is effort and determination on all parts.
Maybe I'm an idealist as opposed to a realist, and if that's the case, then so be it.

Today I understood why fans boo'd (I didnt agree with it and dislike booing but I understand), The first half just well... I cant express the feeling around.

Sorry mate, for me (personally - and no offence meant to anyone here who might have) but booing like that is a muggy thing to do. Whatever happened to supporters showing some courage and digging in? Honestly mate, I shake my head at the entitlement of our feather-bedded cappuccino-spoilt contingent sometimes. Flame away, and again, I will apologise in advance for any offence I might cause with these remarks, but seriously mate, people booing the side should hang their heads in shame.

Watching live at home it actually sounded like the Spurs fans were in good voice at times today, especially early on. As the first half wore on though the silences became more pronounced. HT booing was obviously disappointing but hardly surprising given how we were being outplayed by a skillful, better organised and seemingly more determined opposition.

Fair enough. So you consider yourself to be classier than a fan that boo's? I'd stop digging if I were you lol.

I genuinely don't feel it's a case of class or anything like that mate,it's a case of courage. Be brave! be there for the whole ride, that sort of thing. It isn't always pretty but we can see where we're going!
The ost recent distilled example I can give of fair-weather support which fudging appalled me was the 4-4 at the effeminates. I don't care what the score is at 90 mins, you don't leave ESPECIALLY that brick-hole until the final whistle. It's about pride. And I put booing your own team in the same boat. Again, nothing personal meant at all mate, and I suspect we will just have to agree to disagree ;-)

Its still about social class as previously mentioned. The most vociferous of supporters tend to be the ones who spend a higher proportion of their disposable income on football. When Roy Keane had a go at the prawn sandwich phalanx who were silent during games, clearly they were more interested in discussing their bonus and private healthcare allowances, than sing their hearts out at football ground.

I genuinely don't feel it's a case of class or anything like that mate,it's a case of courage. Be brave! be there for the whole ride, that sort of thing. It isn't always pretty but we can see where we're going!
The ost recent distilled example I can give of fair-weather support which fudging appalled me was the 4-4 at the effeminates. I don't care what the score is at 90 mins, you don't leave ESPECIALLY that brick-hole until the final whistle. It's about pride. And I put booing your own team in the same boat. Again, nothing personal meant at all mate, and I suspect we will just have to agree to disagree ;-)

Do we REALLY know where we're going yet under AVB? There's a lot of uncertainty and disapproval amongst our fans at his team selection, tactics, subs etc and I hope today's 3 points haven't glossed over that.

Do we REALLY know where we're going yet under AVB? There's a lot of uncertainty and disapproval amongst our fans at his team selection, tactics, subs etc and I hope today's 3 points haven't glossed over that.

I thought today's subs were good.

Well no, it is clear that what you're saying about an element of our fans is correct. But with regards to knowing what he's trying to do? I personally feel comfortable with it, yes. There again mate, I'm not living in the past (NOT a comment aimed at you in any way, but a GENERAL comment about a mind-set which I feel is clouding the vision of some)...

Sorry mate, for me (personally - and no offence meant to anyone here who might have) but booing like that is a muggy thing to do. Whatever happened to supporters showing some courage and digging in? Honestly mate, I shake my head at the entitlement of our feather-bedded cappuccino-spoilt contingent sometimes. Flame away, and again, I will apologise in advance for any offence I might cause with these remarks, but seriously mate, people booing the side should hang their heads in shame.

Like I say I dont agree with it at all - it is a bit bricky

Sometimes its out of frustration.

When a kid does something bad or when someone goes tits up - do you not shout or get angry or start screaming? I guess its similar to that. When youre sitting there and you see players who are representing your club on the pitch not making an effort - some people feel the need to express their feelings. I know its not about money but people pay upwards of £800 a season plus GHod knows what else in terms of food and merchandising etc so that all plays a part.

Like I say I dont agree with it at all - it is a bit bricky

Sometimes its out of frustration.

When a kid does something bad or when someone goes tits up - do you not shout or get angry or start screaming? I guess its similar to that. When youre sitting there and you see players who are representing your club on the pitch not making an effort - some people feel the need to express their feelings. I know its not about money but people pay upwards of £800 a season plus GHod knows what else in terms of food and merchandising etc so that all plays a part.

It's actually a great comparison.
Having a 20 year old and a 7 year old, trust me, I've let loose a few times, but generally-speaking, no. I always look for other approaches. And in fairness, when i see that, say, my daughter is tired, or hungry and being a pain in the arse, I try to put to her WHY she might be acting up, and if I don't go that route, I try to see that she's doing her best but the circumstances are simply not there for her to keep it in the pocket.

Again, I would not want to be a liar, there are CERTAINLY times when I simply lay down the law, but screaming at them is very much a last resort. Even then, I sometimes feel I have been wrong to scream and find myself apologising to them for unreasonable behaviour! Funnily enough, the time most recently I remember screaming OH FOR fudge'S SAKE YOU clown shoe! at a match, was Villa away. At Harry. I immediately felt like a taco, and followed that up with a loud COYS and "Harry Redknapp's B&W Army" because frankly, it wasn't ever going to be helpful slagging him, I'm sure he wanted the win too! So I've certainly been there mate, but have to say, I don't like myself at those moments and immediately try to negate it!

I think the crux of it is that we all get frustrated and we all show it differently, i just wish that sometimes, we showed it in a more positive way. Imagine putting all that frustration into some singing? fudge me it'd be loud!!!!!!

worse thing you can do is scream at a kid there like dogs. If you scream at them they pick up on that behaviour and it makes things worse.

That said if i had been in the ground today i would not have booed as i tend to not make any noise anymore at games but i would have been disgusted by what i saw first half. I lay the blame for that at avb's door but he turned it round so hats off to him he is learning.

My biggest problem with our club is levy and i do not think i will feel secure aas long as that taco is in control. He needs to move over to protect his investment in the club because he is the biggest thing stopping us going the next level.

For what it is worth, I clapped the team off at half time, because certain key players worked their socks off in the half and it was down to them that we were still in the game. I can recall Friedel pulling off some quality saves; Vertonghen making some superbly timed tackles.

Every time we boo the team off at half time we hand the psycological initiative to the other team. It also shows a complete lack of class. What p****s me off is those who say "I pay good money to watch this, so I'll boo if I want too"! All I can say is that you have ceased to be fans and you have become consumers. If you don't like what you are seeing, why do you not ask for your money back and give those who would give up important parts of their anatomy a chance to hold a ST.

Rant over!!

It's actually a great comparison.
Having a 20 year old and a 7 year old, trust me, I've let loose a few times, but generally-speaking, no. I always look for other approaches. And in fairness, when i see that, say, my daughter is tired, or hungry and being a pain in the arse, I try to put to her WHY she might be acting up, and if I don't go that route, I try to see that she's doing her best but the circumstances are simply not there for her to keep it in the pocket.

Again, I would not want to be a liar, there are CERTAINLY times when I simply lay down the law, but screaming at them is very much a last resort. Even then, I sometimes feel I have been wrong to scream and find myself apologising to them for unreasonable behaviour! Funnily enough, the time most recently I remember screaming OH FOR fudge'S SAKE YOU clown shoe! at a match, was Villa away. At Harry. I immediately felt like a taco, and followed that up with a loud COYS and "Harry Redknapp's B&W Army" because frankly, it wasn't ever going to be helpful slagging him, I'm sure he wanted the win too! So I've certainly been there mate, but have to say, I don't like myself at those moments and immediately try to negate it!

I think the crux of it is that we all get frustrated and we all show it differently, i just wish that sometimes, we showed it in a more positive way. Imagine putting all that frustration into some singing? fudge me it'd be loud!!!!!!

fudge - I thought you were a young one - a 25 yr old or so... haha.

I doubt you just throwing an insult at a player when youre a hundred yards from the pitch will affect a players performance. I would agree about the singing though but its difficult to get going when fans start to sing "stand up if you hate Arse" or "There is only one X"

Today in the second half when the players showed a little bit of fight the fans got going.... this is what I meant earlier by giving and taking. The players have to give a bit too... and show some fight

Back