• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Our defence next season

superfaisty

Nico Claesen
I think its pretty clear our defence needs reworking, if for no other reason than the fact that Lloris and Vertonghen are likely to leave- Vertonghen already looks like his mind is elsewhere.

Naughtin gets slated by everyone do he is likely to be moved on, Rose is unlikely to be first choice LB unless Sherwood is still here.

Walker has been one of our best playrs so cant be long before he gets his head turned by regular CL which lets face it we dont deserve this year and with the expected exidus might struggle to get again for a few years.

Daws for all his probs is likely the one to CD to remain at the club- Kabs will be moved on, we cant afford another situation like King.

So thats Daws and Chiriches left.

Anyone know any good defenders who we will be able to attract next summer?

I love Daws but he's just not good enough. He's like the clumsy kid at school who gets picked last. If he's on the ball he either gives it simply to someone who can play or lumps it. He turns like a bus. I don't mind him being at the club after the service he's given but not as first choice.

Main priority: Replace Dawson!

Kaboul still needs time to reach full fitness. It's easy to pick up little knocks when you've been out as long as he has. We can't gamble on him being first choice though.

Chiriches is fine as backup.

Vertonghen is little overrated I think. Good, but not great, and lacking in pace. I'd take any £20+ million for him to fund a new first choice CB plus one backup.

It is possible that Verts and Lloris might be off but I do not think that it is likely. I think that people are reading too much into one look from Verts. It could have meant anything.

Do you thunk Levy would turn down 2 20mil offers for lloris n verts from PSG n barca/Emirates Marketing Project.

Not me personally- can see caulker come back if sherwoods in charge. Gk harder to replace.

£20 million for Lloris buys us a shiny new GK and leaves us with spare change. Not bothered. If players don't want to be here they can **** off. I support the club, the individuals wearing the shirt can and will be replaced at any time.

Do you thunk Levy would turn down 2 20mil offers for lloris n verts from PSG n barca/Emirates Marketing Project.

Not me personally- can see caulker come back if sherwoods in charge. Gk harder to replace.

Begovic will be our keeper next season I think.

Begovic would be a good buy

Trying to think who else is out there. Doubt we could get him but Lovren would be great. Lescott for a year maybe?

I think the arrival of LvG might convince Lloris and Verts to give us one more season. Especially Verts, who grew up in the Ajax academy that LvG built and which so reveres him.

I think the arrival of LvG might convince Lloris and Verts to give us one more season. Especially Verts, who grew up in the Ajax academy that LvG built and which so reveres him.

doubt it...theyve been mis-sold the Levy dream and its turned into a nightmare. No matter who the manager is I cant see them staying. Why would they? Can you guarantee that Levy wont sack LVG after a season?? There is no friggin stability, no CL, no trophies. Why would any top player want to waste time at Spurs

Haha everything at Ajax is poltical divided between the Cruyff faction or the van Gaal faction. Cruyff is currently in control with his choice de Boer in place. Vertonghen will already know all about Van Gaal and probably hates him and his faction having been a de Boer player. Same for Eriksen.

It is possible that Verts and Lloris might be off but I do not think that it is likely. I think that people are reading too much into one look from Verts. It could have meant anything.

To be fair, he had about 20 more of those today. I'd take 15 mill and wave bye bye…his attitude appalls me right now.

Keeping Lloris, Walker and Vertonghen has to be plan A. Unless an outrageous bid comes in or one of them forces a move we should just say no.

Kaboul is good enough imo, a Vertonghen-Chiriches partnership is still untested. Kaboul's injury problems leaves us in a positions where in addition to a new left back a new centre back should be fairly high up the list of priorities. That list is getting long-ish though.

Unless we can sign someone truly top class I would really like an experienced Naybet/Gallas type signing, could be a decent cheaper option too. Not sure who that should be though, Vidic and Ferdinand look like the obvious PL options for that, but both look past it and are injury prone.

To be fair, he had about 20 more of those today. I'd take 15 mill and wave bye bye…his attitude appalls me right now.

I must have totaled over 50 of those looks then, I can definitely relate. He's frustrated at our inability to play proper football, as he should be. Perhaps someone should teach him how to channel that into a reaction more positive for the team, but I can understand him.

He looks like our most talented (not just on the ball, overall ability) centre back. I don't understand why we should look to sell him. We should look to make him happy at Spurs by improving the quality of play and the quality of players around him.

id bring in Ben Davies from Swansea to replace Rose, and Begovic to replace Lloris......fcuk knows if Vertinghen goes, i guess Chiriches will be his replacement, Kaboul is injury prone and Dawson is ok but we need an upgrade

so

...................Begovic
Walker....?????...Chiriches...Davies

im really not sure what to make of that:)

Back