• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Other Clubs Transfer Thread

BREAKING: @GuillemBalague says Real Madrid have agreed a fee of £63.9million with Manchester United for Angel Di Maria. #SSNHQ

Di Maria is an incredible player, worth every penny of that IMO

Agreed. One of Real Madrid's best players last season.

Will be interesting to see where van Gaal plans to fit him in at United if they complete the deal. He essentially played as a midfielder with very little goalscoring responsibility last season for Real Madrid, but paying that kind of money for a player to play a non goalscoring role is pretty massive even in United's position. On the other hand easily his best season at Real was in that role where he wasn't really responsible for goalscoring, did tons of running and defensive work and obviously clocked up a lot of assists.

haha! I remember being very unimpressed with him whenever I saw him. Then Ancelotti has done his thing, changed his role and unleashed the talent.

and he will come to England, will be played as a wing back will take an age to get used to England, the UK, language etc and have to play with Cleverly, Smalling etc.....

Manure REALLY are a joke; they are spending nearly 60M on a player who is an a position that they don't need right now.

Who will win the ball for them in CM to get the ball to the likes of Herera to distribute to Di Maria, Mata, Rooney etc?

DM was the really pressing position that needed strengthening (and has done for years, imo since Hargreaves became Anderton MKII and Anderson discovered McDonalds); for that money they could easily have bought someone like Khedira or perhaps even better that William Carvalho that Arsenal keep sniffing around.

I somehow think this is just Real trying to get PSG to swoop last minute and gazump the deal; if not Manure really are in a shambles imo

IIRC LVG had commented on how he didn't have any real options from wide positions

To be fair, I don't think he's wide of the mark with that statement. Young's the only one I'd somewhat rely on for a club the size of Manure.

They may have two big threats in rvp and Rooney, but other than Mata they are seriously lacking in midfield for a team with the expectations they have.

United will need at least three-four new players of the same calibre to compete for the title, IMO.

To be fair, I don't think he's wide of the mark with that statement. Young's the only one I'd somewhat rely on for a club the size of Manure.

They may have two big threats in rvp and Rooney, but other than Mata they are seriously lacking in midfield for a team with the expectations they have.

Herrera?

It really is amazing that United have spent £200 million on their team the last coupple of years, and still don't have a decent defence or good enough central midfield.

Powell £6m
Kagawa £12m
Van Persie £22m
Henrique £4m
Buttner £4m
Zaha £15m
Varela £2.5m
Fellaini £27.5m
Mata £37m
Herrera £30m
Shaw £32m
Rojo £16m
di Maria £64m [pending]

Zaha and Powell.............and fans of other clubs accuse us of ruining the careers of promising young players!

Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward is coming under increasing pressure over the club’s transfer activity this summer.

One of the Woodward’s problems is that the £200million war chest allocated by the club’s owners, the Glazer family, for rebuilding the ‘broken squad’ actually factored in the sales of several players

Not just for the fees, but to get them off the wage bill.

And it is the wages of several players which has complicated the situation.

Last Monday the club agreed to sign Marcos Rojo from Sporting Lisbon - as predicted in this column last Sunday - when they eventually improved their £16million offer.

That improvement saw Nani go to Sporting Lisbon for a year-long loan

But I understand that United are still paying the bulk of Nani’s £94,000-a-week wages. Sporting are ‘only’ paying around £35,000 of the sum.

Javier Hernandez and Anderson are both up for grabs, but their wages are both in excess of £80,000-a-week, which means they are hard to sell and could even be offloaded on free deals with compromise agreements on their salaries

Somuch **** on huge salaries they really are a bit of a mess especially if you add in £300k a week for Rooney

Back