• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

Who are these great players that QPR have right now? I wouldn't mind a comparison of their squad right now and the squad we had when Ramios is sacked...

QPR have a big squad, but they're all of similar quality. The stand out names are way past their peak.

QPR have a big squad, but they're all of similar quality. The stand out names are way past their peak.

I agree. Warnock's two days to spend some money after Fernandes take over in the summer of 2011 and two windows of Hughes scatter gun approach to transfers has left them with a bloated squad of average quality but massive gaps.

I agree, especially for your first point. They have spent way too much time and money signing a bunch of players who are about as good as the ones they already had. Not a good way to build a team.

Faurlin looks good, Granero also looks like he could be an important player for them. Both look like they are there to put in a shift too. Park will be important to them I think and if they get Taraabt going he can obviously make a difference.

Their back 4 is sketchy though and Cisse is far from a great striker.

I agree, especially for your first point. They have spent way too much time and money signing a bunch of players who are about as good as the ones they already had. Not a good way to build a team.

Faurlin looks good, Granero also looks like he could be an important player for them. Both look like they are there to put in a shift too. Park will be important to them I think and if they get Taraabt going he can obviously make a difference.

Their back 4 is sketchy though and Cisse is far from a great striker.

The players that they have now are better than the ones that got them promoted but they do not have a balanced squad. If there are parallels with when Harry took over us, it is that there are obvious weaknesses in the squad. I think that Harry will look to do the same with them as he did in his first window with us, fill the gaps with the best that is currently available and willing to join a relegation threatened team.

Park has generally been disappointing from what I gather. Zamora, Johnson, Cisse are nowhere near what they once were and two of them are injured. Green and Cesar, two goalkeepers on their way down. SWP, Luke Young, Ryan Nelsen, the list goes on and on.

The players that they have now are better than the ones that got them promoted but they do not have a balanced squad. If there are parallels with when Harry took over us, it is that there are obvious weaknesses in the squad. I think that Harry will look to do the same with them as he did in his first window with us, fill the gaps with the best that is currently available and willing to join a relegation threatened team.

But they have signed about two teams since they got promoted.

I agree that Harry will probably take a better approach and probably look to bring in 2-3 players with a bit more quality to fill the gaps.

Park has generally been disappointing from what I gather. Zamora, Johnson, Cisse are nowhere near what they once were and two of them are injured. Green and Cesar, two goalkeepers on their way down. SWP, Luke Young, Ryan Nelsen, the list goes on and on.

Too many players in there that are just happy being footballers and don't really care how the team does as long as they get their paycheck.

Ryan Nelsen is quality though... Wish we had kept him instead of Gallas.

Park is interesting, I think he will work his socks off for them, as he did for United. The interesting thing for me is that he was a bit of a utility player for United, played in a lot of the big games for them because of his work rate, but he's not the most creative and possibly not one to make a difference in a game like today against Sunderland. Taraabt is much more likely to unlock a well organized team. They need to utilize Park in the right way, think Redknapp will find a way. They looked good today after Park came on until Taraabt was taken off.

Even though Cesar is on the decline, I'd wager he's better than just about all the other relegation candidates's goalies. Not a problem there, Cisse and Zamora Isn't the best anymore but should still be able to get around 10 goals a season, and their midfield has potential. The BIG worry is central defence. Nelsen and Hill just isn't good enough at premier league level, not to mention A.Ferdinand who is a walking disaster these days. I'm guessing Harry is hoping for Dawson and Parker in january, that would probably be enough to keep them up.

I for one hope they don't end up going there, or anywhere. But I think Dawson might be tempted if he Isn't getting minutes for us, Parker aswell if he isn't playing. The thing is though, if those two where available, there's a lot of mid table and downwards teams that probably would love those two players. If qpr is still at the bottom, there might be more tempting offers for them.

Problem is Johnson is out for the season and Zamora till February. They need a striker and a CB in January. M'Bia and Diakite pick up far too many bookings, so they could be looking for someone in that position as well.

Even though Cesar is on the decline, I'd wager he's better than just about all the other relegation candidates's goalies. Not a problem there, Cisse and Zamora Isn't the best anymore but should still be able to get around 10 goals a season, and their midfield has potential. The BIG worry is central defence. Nelsen and Hill just isn't good enough at premier league level, not to mention A.Ferdinand who is a walking disaster these days. I'm guessing Harry is hoping for Dawson and Parker in january, that would probably be enough to keep them up.

I for one hope they don't end up going there, or anywhere. But I think Dawson might be tempted if he Isn't getting minutes for us, Parker aswell if he isn't playing. The thing is though, if those two where available, there's a lot of mid table and downwards teams that probably would love those two players. If qpr is still at the bottom, there might be more tempting offers for them.

Staying in London, working under Harry, Fernandes money. Not to mention Fernandes money to actually get a deal done with Levy. Zamora left Fulham to go there, surely some other clubs were interested in Bosingwa too. Similar things could be said for several of their signings from abroad.

I think they will be able to sign most of the players we have that are "for sale" that they really want, whoever those players might be.

Staying in London, working under Harry, Fernandes money. Not to mention Fernandes money to actually get a deal done with Levy. Zamora left Fulham to go there, surely some other clubs were interested in Bosingwa too. Similar things could be said for several of their signings from abroad.

I think they will be able to sign most of the players we have that are "for sale" that they really want, whoever those players might be.

Hmmm...i think a big factor may be how far adrift of safety they are by the turn of the year. I think Parker and Dawson in particular wouldn't want to have a chance of playing their next one or two potentially twilight years in the championship. I for one hope they don't go unless soopa-doopa replacements are already signed.
In fact, I don't want them to go period, because their PL experience could be vital for AVB this season.

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas has told predecessor Harry Redknapp to forget about signing Jermain Defoe.

New Queens Park Rangers manager Redknapp has been linked with a move for the England striker, who he worked with at Spurs, West Ham and Portsmouth, as he looks to save the Premier League's bottom side from relegation.

Redknapp led the Hoops to a 0-0 draw at Sunderland in his first game in charge on Tuesday, but his new charges remain eight points adrift of safety.

Rangers are the lowest scorers in the top-flight, after managing just 10 goals in their opening 14 matches, with Redknapp knowing he needs more firepower at his disposal.

But Villas-Boas insists 10-goal Defoe, often overlooked by Redknapp at White Hart Lane last season, will not be leaving.

"That's not possible," Villas-Boas said when asked about the prospect of Defoe leaving in January.

"It's absolutely impossible. We have the belief in him."

Villas-Boas admits Defoe is among the best strikers he has worked with and even ranked him alongside Colombian striker Radamel Falcao, who scored bags of goals for the Portuguese boss at FC Porto and is now setting the Spanish league alight with Atletico Madrid.

"I certainly put him alongside Falcao," added Villas-Boas.

"His hunger for goal is extreme. That makes things easier for you to work with because you don't have to teach a lot.

"He smells every cross and when the opportunity is there to tap it in."

However, Villas-Boas has refused to rule out the prospect of defender Michael Dawson linking up with Redknapp again.

"I think if that possibility arises we will have to consider it," he said.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8290921/Jermain-Defoe-not-leaving-Spurs-for-QPR-and-Harry-Redknapp-Andre-Villas-Boas

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas has told predecessor Harry Redknapp to forget about signing Jermain Defoe.

New Queens Park Rangers manager Redknapp has been linked with a move for the England striker, who he worked with at Spurs, West Ham and Portsmouth, as he looks to save the Premier League's bottom side from relegation.

Redknapp led the Hoops to a 0-0 draw at Sunderland in his first game in charge on Tuesday, but his new charges remain eight points adrift of safety.

Rangers are the lowest scorers in the top-flight, after managing just 10 goals in their opening 14 matches, with Redknapp knowing he needs more firepower at his disposal.

But Villas-Boas insists 10-goal Defoe, often overlooked by Redknapp at White Hart Lane last season, will not be leaving.

"That's not possible," Villas-Boas said when asked about the prospect of Defoe leaving in January.

"It's absolutely impossible. We have the belief in him."

Villas-Boas admits Defoe is among the best strikers he has worked with and even ranked him alongside Colombian striker Radamel Falcao, who scored bags of goals for the Portuguese boss at FC Porto and is now setting the Spanish league alight with Atletico Madrid.

"I certainly put him alongside Falcao," added Villas-Boas.

"His hunger for goal is extreme. That makes things easier for you to work with because you don't have to teach a lot.

"He smells every cross and when the opportunity is there to tap it in."

However, Villas-Boas has refused to rule out the prospect of defender Michael Dawson linking up with Redknapp again.

"I think if that possibility arises we will have to consider it," he said.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8290921/Jermain-Defoe-not-leaving-Spurs-for-QPR-and-Harry-Redknapp-Andre-Villas-Boas

Stunning support for JD! Albeit a tad over the top, but hey! At least JD knows he's believed in...

Stunning support for JD! Albeit a tad over the top, but hey! At least JD knows he's believed in...

But what about his Dawson comment quoted at the end? Is tha for real?? Seems like really bad timing; i wonder ofn they have cut and pasted a quoter from the summer...

If that is true that is just plain nasty.
I do not like that one little bit.

It's not nasty, it's honest.

If he sat there and said, 'There is no way we are selling Dawson in January.' And then went and sold him, some on here and in the media would go absolutely nuts.

As to why he has said it, i would bet my right arm (and that's my favourite arm) that it's an answer to a direct question about Dawson linking up with Redknapp.

The way he has worded it is far more sensible. He has wiggle room.

Back