• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

And only 5 days later . . . . :ross:

Harry Redknapp would be interested in signing David Beckham for QPR

Last Updated: November 25, 2012 4:21pm

Redknapp watched Saturday's 3-1 defeat at Manchester United from the stands and took training for the first time on Sunday morning after being installed as Mark Hughes' replacement.

QPR have taken only four points from their opening 13 fixtures and Redknapp has admitted there is no cash in the kitty to sign reinforcements during the January transfer window.

That points to a move for Beckham, who is preparing to leave Los Angeles Galaxy and would be a free agent, although his wages would likely be very expensive.

"I'm sure he could still play in the Premier League," said Redknapp. "He is a top player and a fantastic person.

"We had him at Tottenham training and he was amazing around the place, absolute class.

"I haven't discussed it with the chairman (Tony Fernandes) at the moment so we'd have to look at that.

"But David could still certainly be a great asset to anybody, showing people how to train, how to look after yourself. His professionalism is second to none."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...e-interested-in-signing-David-Beckham-for-QPR

I'm having some of this too Arcy!

Harry Redknapp sees himself as a modern, forward-thinking coach but there was more than a hint of the old-school on show as he said hard work and "running about" would rescue Queens Park Rangers from relegation.

The 65-year-old was parachuted into the west London club following the sacking of Mark Hughes and is now tasked with helping them improve on a terrible start to the season that has left them bottom with four points from their opening 13 games.

Redknapp, who was sacked by Tottenham Hotspur in June, has a reputation for getting the best out of players with a hands-on man-management approach to the game.

There is, he says, no magic wand he can wield to instantly improve the club's fortunes and only old-fashioned industry will ride to the rescue.

"We have to do better to have a chance of getting out of this mess," he told a news conference on Monday.

"It is going to be full on for everybody, I need people who work. I learnt at school you work hard and run about, if they put in that effort we have a chance of surviving. If they don't I will find 11 players who do.

"The players are all upbeat. They have got to realise they are in this position as they have not really performed.

"They have got to perform better. Mark (Hughes) has been unfortunate to lose his job and the players have to take responsibility for their performances. They have to get us out of this. I feel there is enough ability to climb the table."

Redknapp has gained a reputation for masterminding escape acts after saving Portsmouth from relegation in 2006 and helping Tottenham from bottom of the table to the Champions League within two seasons after joining the club in 2008.
Keeping QPR in the Premier League, however, would trump those two achievements.

"It's a tough challenge, but it is a job I'm very much looking forward to," he said.

"I know the players and it shouldn't be too much of a problem to sort the team out.

"We mustn't kid ourselves, this is much tougher than those two jobs (Tottenham and Portsmouth) in my opinion, but we are optimistic we can pull it off."

:lol:

Harry Redknapp sees himself as a modern, forward-thinking coach but there was more than a hint of the old-school on show as he said hard work and "running about" would rescue Queens Park Rangers from relegation.

The 65-year-old was parachuted into the west London club following the sacking of Mark Hughes and is now tasked with helping them improve on a terrible start to the season that has left them bottom with four points from their opening 13 games.

Redknapp, who was sacked by Tottenham Hotspur in June, has a reputation for getting the best out of players with a hands-on man-management approach to the game.

There is, he says, no magic wand he can wield to instantly improve the club's fortunes and only old-fashioned industry will ride to the rescue.

"We have to do better to have a chance of getting out of this mess," he told a news conference on Monday.

"It is going to be full on for everybody, I need people who work. I learnt at school you work hard and run about, if they put in that effort we have a chance of surviving. If they don't I will find 11 players who do.

"The players are all upbeat. They have got to realise they are in this position as they have not really performed.

"They have got to perform better. Mark (Hughes) has been unfortunate to lose his job and the players have to take responsibility for their performances. They have to get us out of this. I feel there is enough ability to climb the table."

Redknapp has gained a reputation for masterminding escape acts after saving Portsmouth from relegation in 2006 and helping Tottenham from bottom of the table to the Champions League within two seasons after joining the club in 2008.

"It's a tough challenge, but it is a job I'm very much looking forward to," he said.

"I know the players and it shouldn't be too much of a problem to sort the team out.

"We mustn't kid ourselves, this is much tougher than those two jobs (Tottenham and Portsmouth) in my opinion, but we are optimistic we can pull it off."

LOL...is that a serious quote?

Does anyone here know a Malmo fan?... and if so could we find out if they would like Redknapp lol!

Wasn't Forza Keane from Malmo, or was it Tromso?

Anyway redknapp is a joker talking about effort. He hardly put any effort in the 3rd quarter of last season when he tinkled off from training thinking he had the England job in the bag.

Wasn't Forza Keane from Malmo, or was it Tromso?

Anyway redknapp is a joker talking about effort. He hardly put any effort in the 3rd quarter of last season when he tinkled off from training thinking he had the England job in the bag and the one before when he was busy preparing for his trial.

Fixed.

He's breathtaking.
Rather than come in and protect them, he has made sure that everyone knows exactly who's fault this is from the get-go, and he will continue to repeat what the side wasn't doing before his arrival. He is teflon, seriously. This way he can always say that he was very clear from the get-go that it was a massive mess which would've required extraordinary things if they don't survive, and if they do, well, he can claim it as his 'best success yet' and revel in the 'glory' of doing a 'fantastic' job.

Anyway redknapp is a joker talking about effort. He hardly put any effort in the 3rd quarter of last season when he tinkled off from training thinking he had the England job in the bag.

Apparently he was hardly even at practice most of the weeks according to some players

He's breathtaking.
Rather than come in and protect them, he has made sure that everyone knows exactly who's fault this is from the get-go, and he will continue to repeat what the side wasn't doing before his arrival. He is teflon, seriously. This way he can always say that he was very clear from the get-go that it was a massive mess which would've required extraordinary things if they don't survive, and if they do, well, he can claim it as his 'best success yet' and revel in the 'glory' of doing a 'fantastic' job.

Says it all really

He seems to have taken the pressure off himself and placed the responsibility on the players

If they go down - their fault

If they stay up - he'll take all the credit

Last edited:
Apparently he was hardly even at practice most of the weeks according to some players

Plenty of managers do not routinely attend training; Ferguson and Wenger being two that spring immediately to mind. This is one of the reasons why a manager is supported by coaching staff.

Utterly pathetic and i'm not talking about Redknapp.

People literally hanging on every word he says like some infatuated teenager with a school crush. The man is long gone and i very much doubt he gives 2 bricks about any of us anymore yet people still critique every word that comes out of his mouth.

"Work hard and run about"

If all Redknapp says to the players is "work hard and run about" for a whole year yet we play good football and win games then who cares? does it matter? i'd rather that then a manager give us a 1 hour seminar about tactics and we still lose showcasing nothing the manager had spoken about in his seminar.

As for him being harsh on the QPR players...hmmmm yeh of course he's going to be harsh on a group of bottle job players that are at least 7 places below their talent suggests. He was overly critical about our players when he joined us and it seemed to work so why change a winning formula and suddenly act as if every things fine? i think the QPR fans would much rather this approach too tbh.

Plenty of managers do not routinely attend training; Ferguson and Wenger being two that spring immediately to mind. This is one of the reasons why a manager is supported by coaching staff.

I know this is true of Fergie, he always has a strong assistant as coach. I'm surprised that Wenger is the same. My impression was that he was hands on for everything and could do with delegating more.

I think the insinuation is that he wasn't at training anywhere near as much as he normally would be. I've no idea if that's correct or not but I think it's definitely what people are getting at..

Pretty obvious that he HAS to be at training now, QPR still haven't inked deals for his henchmen Bond and Jordan yet (but soon, it would appear).

Strangely, I have read the complete opposite on Wenger and he even joins in for some light kick-around, or at least used to until recently

How do you think it reads with the players having the manager talking about putting in the right effort all the time if he can't be arsed to even come to training for a few hours daily (especially when the quote reads 'as much effort as me'). He is employed and paid as such so where else would he be during that time?

Last edited:
No quotes? Yet you're the one who kicks up a fuss if someone posts gonad*s from Twitter. The above post is just as bad. Please tell us when/where "some players" ever said this? As Kingdawson said its pathetic how people on here are so eager to pick at everything he says. Move on.

No quotes? Yet you're the one who kicks up a fuss if someone posts gonad*s from Twitter. The above post is just as bad. Please tell us when/where "some players" ever said this? As Kingdawson said its pathetic how people on here are so eager to pick at everything he says. Move on.

Pardon?

There was a clear interview with one of our players soon after AVB was appointed where he was asked to comment on how the Potuguese is 'different' in his approach to Arry.

I'm 95% certain it was BAE

Back