• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT Wenger's comments on diving

BAE

Moussa Saib
Something to take our mind off yesterday afternoon. Arsene Wenger has proposed a 3 match ban for anyone caught diving. Ironic, bearing in mind that under his tenure, Ars*nal have had some of the worst divers in premiership history. However, I find myself agreeing with some of what he says (**hides face in shame**)

Start issuing a 3 match ban for diving (even if punished retrospectively), and players will stop diving.

Is this feasible in reality?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...vers-should-be-banned-for-three-games?cc=5739

nothing grinds my gears more than when anyone related to Arsenal (fans/players/staff etc) comment on diving -it's like 90's have been erased from their memories

that said i have been calling for retrospective punishment for diving to be brought in for years, it's the only way i can see it being stamped out - what player is gonna dive if it means he is going to miss the next 4/5/6 ?

Hypocritical git, but he's right.

I think if you get caught diving it should be a three match ban. Get caught again in the same season, hit them with a six game ban.

I dont think diving can be gotten rid of as its part of the game at every level and in every country. The only players you'd catch are the "bad divers" like Carroll whereas you'd get players like Pires or like Young yesterday who'd just manufacture contact and dive anyway.

To Joesh's point, very difficult to implement, it would have to be video review and only the blatent offenders could be punished.

Fact is, players put themsleves in positions where failure for the opposition player to get the ball cleanly 100% = foul, also to be fair to people who are "divers" sometimes they do just get their feet out of the way of what they know is coming.

Much like getting the money out of the game, gamesmanship is part of modern football, and not likely to go away anytime soon.

What really surprised me about his comments were when he said diving in this country is a result of the foreign players. Normally I expect this kind of xenophobia from the likes of Shearer and Hansen, but I was really shocked when I saw that Wenger had said that! English players have been diving for decades! Ashley Young is another serial offender!

Rodney Marsh
Ashley Young
Steven Gerrard
Rooney
Michael Owen
Ashley Cole
Linekar

All those players have dived numerous times for club and country.

Something to take our mind off yesterday afternoon. Arsene Wenger has proposed a 3 match ban for anyone caught diving. Ironic, bearing in mind that under his tenure, Ars*nal have had some of the worst divers in premiership history. However, I find myself agreeing with some of what he says (**hides face in shame**)

Start issuing a 3 match ban for diving (even if punished retrospectively), and players will stop diving.

Is this feasible in reality?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...vers-should-be-banned-for-three-games?cc=5739

I think a 1-2 match ban would be enough myself. Should have been implemented years ago.

While it wouldn't rule out diving completely, it would limit it severely. Most likely you would mainly get players diving in finals of tournaments and very important games towards the end of league seasons.

I'm so relieved we didn't buy that cheating diving qunt Ashley Young, he apitomises what disgustes me about mondern day football.

I want to know who his sponsors are so I can tell them what ****s they are for associating themselves with this piece of cheating scumbag.

There's no doubt about, if Young played for any other club in the league except perhaps Chelsea, he would have accumulated more bookings for diving than any other player.

2zi3p6v.gif

Can somebody sum up Top 10-15 Arsenal divers of all time.

I need ammo for some upcoming arguments.

Henning Berg was on Norwegian telly last night saying how he "thought it was a penalty, but Young made a meal of it and should have been shown a yellow for diving - but still the penalty should have been given".

The next time someone tells me that "you can't be more or less wrong, wrong is an absolute" I will use this as an example of just how much more wrong it's possible to be.

Can somebody sum up Top 10-15 Arsenal divers of all time.

I need ammo for some upcoming arguments.

every Arsenal player goes down easily/dives - it is something which is so ingrained in to the players that the fans have become blind to it

Back