• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT - Spurs gift idea for a 30th birthday

Alright chaps, I have a mate who is 30 in April and I have been given the task of finding a gift for him amongst our mates.

I have found a couple of 2012/13 signed shirts on ebay for £89.99. Are these going to be real? How can you tell they are authentic, just by a certificate?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_t...igned+shirt&_sacat=0&_from=R40#item1e7806d8de

any other ideas (have to be spurs related) for a 30th Birthday? Prob got about £150 to spend.

Oh and by the way, my 30th was at the beginning of the month and my mates got me a signed Ginola shirt! Was pretty choked by it, just need to get it framed and on my wall!

cheers guys

GGG

Its a minefield, anybody can print off an authenticity certificate, £90 is massively cheap for a full squad one, most go on proper sites framed for upwards of £300

Those shirts are 100% fake. The signatures are far too evenly spaced out. Even when the club organises signings the signatures will be at different angles, overlapping, some darker when different players press harder etc... Most signatures on eBay are fake.

Spurs shop has a couple of personalized Spurs history books, or the VIP tour as Southcote Spur suggested

Alright chaps, I have a mate who is 30 in April and I have been given the task of finding a gift for him amongst our mates.

I have found a couple of 2012/13 signed shirts on ebay for £89.99. Are these going to be real? How can you tell they are authentic, just by a certificate?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_t...igned+shirt&_sacat=0&_from=R40#item1e7806d8de

any other ideas (have to be spurs related) for a 30th Birthday? Prob got about £150 to spend.

Oh and by the way, my 30th was at the beginning of the month and my mates got me a signed Ginola shirt! Was pretty choked by it, just need to get it framed and on my wall!

cheers guys

GGG

Really, really simple one this, don't pay good money for a a shirt with a spurious COA from ebay. Get a shirt and wait outside the ground in the Paxton after the next home game and get the players to sign the shirt as the cross the road to the car park.

There's several benefits to this;

A financial saving

You know the signatures are genuine

Your mate will probably be quite touched that you as a thirty year old man have lined up with a load of seven year olds to get a shirt and a card signed for him, that's the real birthday treat for your mate, you were willing to feel a bit geekish to make him happy

I waited with my son while he collected autographs outside the ground for quite a few seasons, the joy on the kid's faces is a site to behold and perhaps one you'll share with your in kids in years to come.

The downside? It does mean staying until the end of the game though. ;)

Back