• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: Chelsea players

and to be fair, yes we know about the cnuts like Terry, Lampard, Cole, Drogba, Mourinho's boys. Its understandable that they would kick up a fuss given the smallest opportunity

but what about Torres? he was abjectly poor under AVB. The manager couldnt get the best out of him. He leaves, and guess what, Torres manages to score a couple of goals and looks like a half decent striker.

what about Luiz and Meireles, two high profile supporters of AVB. What was their excuse for performing so poorly under him? Why was Lukaku, an AVB signing, so under used?

tactics, style of play. Im sorry but Rodgers at Swansea has them playing a brand of football which is on another level to what AVB was trying to implement at Chelsea.

anyone who saw his Porto play could have foreseen some problems if AVB tried to bring that style to the Premier League. Way too open, not defensively sound, and too reliant on the explosive talents of 2 forwards in Hulk and Falcao to get the goals

AVB is no different to Juande Ramos apart from the age difference, ability to speak english and the gravelly voice

The Torres bit seems completely wrong to me. Torres had been poor for a bit under Benitez, poor under Hodgson, poor under Ancelotti and then poor under AVB. Like under AVB Torres has looked hot and cold under DiMatteo. Good in patches, but completely lacking in confidence.

We will just have to wait and see with AVB long term in other clubs I suppose.

I thought Lampards interview at the weekend was particularly damning of the Chelsea players to be honest.

Not that he slagged them off at all, more the sheet arrogance and opinion of himself and his position at the club.

Only Abramovic to blame for that though

surely there is a difference between looking poor and to that of not scoring for over 24 hours of football :)

The Torres bit seems completely wrong to me. Torres had been poor for a bit under Benitez, poor under Hodgson, poor under Ancelotti and then poor under AVB. Like under AVB Torres has looked hot and cold under DiMatteo. Good in patches, but completely lacking in confidence.

We will just have to wait and see with AVB long term in other clubs I suppose.

Even when Torres looks hot, he still doesn't look like the torres from bwfore the last World Cup. I think he's more or less done as a star...

Even when Torres looks hot, he still doesn't look like the torres from bwfore the last World Cup. I think he's more or less done as a star...

I remember the old Torres vs Villa debates on here. Classic times

Oh, and of course - now he's nailed on to score against us. Probably a cracker too.

surely there is a difference between looking poor and to that of not scoring for over 24 hours of football :)

There is a difference, but they are not exclusive. I think there have been some coincidences.

Physically he looks at least close to at his best. Just his head that isn't quite there. Torres from back before when he was hot still had quite a few quiet games, but he scored shed loads of goals.

Didnt Torres score in the cup back in November? Didnt exactly open the floodgates.

He's played well in a few games, but hasnt scored, but this time he played well AND scored, so I think people are talking him up a bit.

Had it been Defoe, people would simply say "it was only Leicester".

My question is really

1. Did the players (or at least some of them) are motivated to play badly to get rid of AVB OR
2. They are de-motivated thus the bad results

if it is the former i would be disgusted.

No player would go out there and purposely play badly. What they might be is demotivated in training and therefore not be in the right frame of mind.

AVB seems to have his fair share of apologists still but the bottom line is he did a very bad job and his man management skills clearly weren't up to it.

Last edited:
they have had some seriously soft fixtures since AVB was sacked. 3 teams they should be beating all day long and napoli at home. it would have been hard to have won less than 3 of those even if they weren't trying

let's see how they go with city away, us and then benfica away in the space of 6 days. that should sort them out.

it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that the likes of Terry, Lampard, Drogba consider themselves to be bigger than the club. Even an experienced top man like Ancelotti knew that he had to keep the experienced players on his side, at least during the season when team harmony is ultra important, at any club. IF AVB wanted to get rid of these players, why not wait till the summer? Why tinkle off half the playing staff during the season? its rank inexeprience, and whats worse is that HE KNEW the characters of these players because he had been at the club under Mourinho. He should have known that their egos were a bomb waiting to explode.

Im sorry but he only has himself to blame.

Agreed.

His plan was admirable but his execution shocking! Zero awareness of people and how to manage them. If he'd been smart, he could've used them to HELP him, instead he froze out a couple of guys like Anelka and Alex, both of whom were popular in the dressing room, and thus began the problems...

Torres has been off form for nearly two years, unfair to pin all his recent woes on AVB.

We all saw John Terry barking orders at the players from the touchline against Napoli. If I was Di Matteo, I'd tell him to sit the fudge down and let me do the talking.

Scolari is the only ex Chelsea manager in the Abramovich era who hasn't been afraid to criticise the regime at Chelsea. I think it's obvious that the managerial staff like Ancelotti and Wilkins for example probably sign non-disclosure agreements which means they cannot slander the club when they inevitably get the boot.

Agreed.

His plan was admirable but his execution shocking! Zero awareness of people and how to manage them. If he'd been smart, he could've used them to HELP him, instead he froze out a couple of guys like Anelka and Alex, both of whom were popular in the dressing room, and thus began the problems...

Also didn't help that he had a frosty relationship with the media. He even held his press conferences before the weekend game on a Thursday, which must have irked some in the press. They're not going to give you an easy ride if you don't get on with them.

He should have been backed up properly by the owner and a simple statement outlining his long term vision/transtion plans would have put those trouble-makers in their spot. Manager > Players. Nothing else works and will never work whoever comes in next

I agree. The club have become unmanageable and will remain so all the time Terry and co are still there. Through not backing successive managers, Abramovic has made the job a lot less attractive and I think that they will struggle to get a top manager this summer.

Chelsea sack midfielder Jacob Mellis, 21, after he set off smoke grenade at club's Cobham training ground on March 2.

Terry probably does the team sheet via text. Half-man/half-owl simply fills it in, looks smug on camera and claps at goals like a bozo

:ross:

so fudging true!!

efc__1290591398_di-matteo.jpg
european_owl_2_467x313.jpg

It's uncanny!!!

...any chance of a rendition of;
"HE LOOKS LIKE AN OWL, HE LOOKS LIKE AN OW-WL... DI MATTEO... HE LOOKS LIKE AN OWL!" on Saturday at Stamford Bridge??

Back