• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

optimism

Raising this, because despite today's result (and I hate those Scouse clams)

We got 6 points out of 3 games with Cheat$ki/Scum/Pool (we got 0 last season I believe), still in distance of top 4, in Cup final

COYS!

We are playing good stuff. The average age of the team is under 24. It's only poch's first season. Very happy at the moment really. Would love to win the Europa and get in the champions league. Would be deserved after we missed out when Chelski won it.

- still in contention for 4th
- cup final
- everything to play for in Europe.
- very young team
- pleasing on the eye.
- we beat the Scum 2-1

You can't win every game, at least not with our current side! Just need to make sure there are no damaging thrashings amongst them.

I can see Arsenal doing what they do to finish above us again but bigger picture is that this is Poch's first season, things have steadily improved in all areas over the last six months. All about maintaining that upward curve.

Arsenal have a nice easy run now (although they were very lucky against Leicester last night (who had more than enough chances to win the game). I think they'll finish 3rd. Our battle will be with Man Utd, Southampton and Liverpool for 4th - 7th place (and possibly West Ham too if they win at Southampton tonight.)

I think I agree. Le Scum have a nice run in and apart from us trashing them they are on a roll. Man Yoo look very inconsistent and not that dangerous. Soton always look like keeping a clean sheet so that gives them a chance in a lot of games. Wet Spam I can see falling away. Liverpool I just dont know, they are on a good run but I have not been impressed that much.

We need to start scoring more goals though. We cannot keep winning 2-1. And giving every team a headstart is making it that much harder. We need to tighten up defensively that is for sure.

Why is everyone talking about how easy Arsenal's run in is? They've got 13 games to go, surely they aren't all easy? Surely they haven't played all top table rivals in the last 6?

We got 6 points out of 3 games with Cheat$ki/Scum/Pool (we got 0 last season I believe), still in distance of top 4, in Cup final

COYS!
We got zero points the 6 games against those 3 last season, iirc - this season is 7 from the same 6 fixtures - marked improvement there no question!

Last edited:

COYS!
We did draw v Chelsea last year. 1-1

Why is everyone talking about how easy Arsenal's run in is? They've got 13 games to go, surely they aren't all easy? Surely they haven't played all top table rivals in the last 6?

Arsenal have two games left against the current top 4. At home to Chelsea and away to Man United. We have 3 games left against the current top 4. At home to Emirates Marketing Project and away to Man United and Southampton. Of the rest of the top half of the table Arsenal have home games against Liverpool, West Ham and Swansea. We have home games against Swansea and West Ham.

I'd say the difference is fairly marginal. They only have one away game left against the current top half, but we only have two. We play Southampton, they play Liverpool. We play City, they play United.

Outside the top half it's always difficult to judge, we have Everton, they have Crystal Palace. We both have Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Liverpool have a tougher run imo. They still have to play all of the current top 5. At home to the two Manchester teams. Away to Chelsea, Southampton and Arsenal. They also face Swansea and Stoke (9th and 10th) away as well as Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Palace (11th and 13th) at home.

United also have a fairly tough run, having to play 5 out of the other 6 teams currently in the top 7. The only top 7 team they've played twice so far is Southampton. At home to City, Arsenal and ourselves, away to Chelsea and Liverpool. They also have to play Swansea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Everton and Palace away. Only two games left against the current bottom 5, away to Hull and at home to Villa.

Southampton's run is reasonable. Comparable to ours and Arsenal's imo. 4 games against the current top 7, two against the other teams in the current top 4. Away to City and Chelsea, home games against ourselves and Liverpool. Away to Stoke and Everton, at home to Palace out of the mid table sides. 7 games against the current bottom 8 actually, although how that pans out towards the end of the season is obviously difficult to predict.

Back