• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

One Player - .....

As sickening as it is, Wheelchair probably is the most valuable English player at the moment, due to a combination of ability and age

I agree, he has had a lot of bad luck with injurys but there is no doubting his talent.

Good English players I would like to have at Spurs...Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Baines, Johnson, Walcott, Wheelchair

Over rated hack. Arsenals best football last season was when he was out the team.

I watched a lot of Arsenal for the past few years as i hoped (in vain) that we could pip them to a top 4 spot, and in my opinion, Wheelchair is their most influential player. I would say even more so than Cazorla. Having said that, your point is definitely valid. Highlighted by the fact that Wenger did not pick him during the run-in when he had recovered from his last injury as i assume he felt that the team was working well without him.

I agree, he has had a lot of bad luck with injurys but there is no doubting his talent.

100% agree here. Without his injuries, in terms of young players, i reckon his worldwide stature would already be up there with the likes of Hazard, Goetze, Reus etc.

Wheelchair is the closest player in ability and style to what Modric was for us currently in the premier league. But hes arguably even more than that. He has the "traditional" English trait of aggression and real "battling qualities" and a "never say die attitude" which really adds to his game too for me.

Good English players I would like to have at Spurs...Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Baines, Johnson, Walcott, Wheelchair

Slightly off topic, but i think Baines is one of the most overrated players in England. Don't get me wrong, i still think hes a top premier league player, but i just dont think he'll ever reach the levels of Cole, R.Carlos, Cafu, Maicon, Alves, Y.P. Lee, Evra etc. I get the impression some people think he is, or at least has the potential to join the aforementioned group of elite fullbacks

He just doesnt that the exceptional levels of physical strength and raw speed required to be really world class

Last edited:
Rooney. Oxlade-Chamberlain also gets a shout for me from a Spurs point of view - he's got a bright future and would be quite useful for us.

Slightly off topic, but i think Baines is one of the most overrated players in England. Don't get me wrong, i still think hes a top premier league player, but i just dont think he'll ever reach the levels of Cole, R.Carlos, Cafu, Maicon, Alves, Y.P. Lee, Evra etc. I get the impression some people think he is, or at least has the potential to join the aforementioned group of elite fullbacks

He just doesnt that the exceptional levels of physical strength and raw speed required to be really world class

I'm guessing you either put Y.P. Lee in there to see if we noticed, or because you actually really rated him?

I thought he was better than his critics suggested but he wasn't 'that' good. I think BAE is better.

I'm guessing you either put Y.P. Lee in there to see if we noticed, or because you actually really rated him?

I thought he was better than his critics suggested but he wasn't 'that' good. I think BAE is better.

haha, yh i put him in there for a laugh.:ross:

Back