• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

One player - Italy

milo

Jack L. Jones
As suggested by braineclipse. If you could have one player from the current Italian team/squad at Spurs who would it be?

Mario Balotelli for me; total character and fantastic ability. If AVB could be a shoulder for him and supportive then perhaps we could get the best out of him without so many crazy outbursts.

Ballo is a great shout, I think you need characters like that to be successful.

On a purely personal level I would take Buffon, but that's solely because I have had a man crush on him for most of my adult life.

A player I'd never really appreciated before was Candreva but I was really impressed with his surges down the right in the CC.

I also wouldn't mind Pirlo. DAT BEARD.

pirlo.jpg

Classy and beautiful man

El-Shaarawy.

He'd be awesome in our side.

Do you really rate this guy.. I have seen him play a few times now and just dont get the big deal about the guy. I know he is only young but they are talking about him moving on to some of the biggest clubs in the world..

Do you really rate this guy.. I have seen him play a few times now and just dont get the big deal about the guy. I know he is only young but they are talking about him moving on to some of the biggest clubs in the world..

...from one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Have you seen him for Italy or Milan? or both? I watch Serie A regularly and he's always stood out when ever I have watched Milan (then again he seemed to assist or score whenever I happened to watch a Milan game). Real class about him. I wouldn't rate him higher than Lamela though.

I forgot Pirlo, shame on me given that he's one of my favourite players. I love the way Pirlo strikes the ball, beautiful play and with a Berbatov esque composure.

I know Balotelli is a **** sometimes but he's a fantastic player and won the European Championships Semi Final almost single handedly. He can play the big games and is a lethal finisher, the one aspect that needs work appears to be his psychological game. But with the right manage, he would be unstoppable and perhaps that manager could be AVB.

If I leave sentimentality aside I wouldn't pick Pirlo.

For me there are 3 options: Balotelli, Chiellini and Marco Verratti.

I think Chiellini is a good shout as he's one of the best centre backs in the world at the moment in my opinion and unlikely Balotelli a really level headed dependable player to have in a team. Balotelli remains unstable, would be exciting, but by no means a dream signing. If it was for current ability I would go with Chiellini I think.

If long term and potential ability comes into it I would go for Marco Verratti though. I think he will be an outstanding player a year or two down the line and he's already very good.

Have you seen him for Italy or Milan? or both? I watch Serie A regularly and he's always stood out when ever I have watched Milan (then again he seemed to assist or score whenever I happened to watch a Milan game). Real class about him. I wouldn't rate him higher than Lamela though.

I have seen him five or so times for Milan and probably twice for Italy.. Maybe I have just seen a bad selection of his games. I am use to commentators hyping him and it was the first time I had heard anyone else rate the guy.. Interesting to note there has been a few other people mentioning him since. I guess I just havent seen it yet and I am quite a big Milan fan..

Back