• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Everton

I think Vertonghen, despite being a centre back by trade, actually makes more penetrating runs forward when he plays at left back. If he gets the ball, he will run with it, get to the byline and stick a good cross in. Benny is more; get the ball, incisively pass it or cross from deep. He isn't as good running with the ball as JV is. And I think that's what AVB wants to see today. Not that he doesn't get on with Benny, just that without Bale on the left, we need someone to provide penetrating width there and Jan is probably better at it.

Funny also, Siggy, Holtby and Dempsey is our version of the 'interchangeable Chelsea trio', and it initially doesn't look like it is as up to scratch as Mata, Hazard and Oscar. However they are all good players, and if we get the width from the full backs we can still do well today. If the Sig and Dempsey of last season play, alongside the Holtby living up to his potential especiallly with his quick one touch passing and good awareness, they measure up very well to any other team.

I'm pretty confident.

funny but i see osman as a massive problem for us. his positioning and game reading i think are really good. and we could see what positioning did to us when we played basel. we were chasing shadows everywhere.
He is also one mean finisher.

As for ross barkely, i think he'll be an england international.....i REALLY rate that kid. not like on par with world class prospects...but i think he is a very good young player

am actually a bit excited to see him start

Doesnt say much ;)

why do you think its a 3 5 2?

It was against Stoke last week. Moyes hasn't played Heitinga in midfield for 2 years.

ANy views on why they're starting Anichebe rather than Jelavic? Seems very bizarre. Their bench is absolutely awful

Jelavic has been woeful this season.

Anichebe is THE most changed player I've ever witnessed. Even Evertonians who hated him last season respect him this season. He now chases, holds it up and generally looks a threat.

I think Vertonghen, despite being a centre back by trade, actually makes more penetrating runs forward when he plays at left back. If he gets the ball, he will run with it, get to the byline and stick a good cross in. Benny is more; get the ball, incisively pass it or cross from deep. He isn't as good running with the ball as JV is. And I think that's what AVB wants to see today. Not that he doesn't get on with Benny, just that without Bale on the left, we need someone to provide penetrating width there and Jan is probably better at it.

Funny also, Siggy, Holtby and Dempsey is our version of the 'interchangeable Chelsea trio', and it initially doesn't look like it is as up to scratch as Mata, Hazard and Oscar. However they are all good players, and if we get the width from the full backs we can still do well today. If the Sig and Dempsey of last season play, alongside the Holtby living up to his potential especiallly with his quick one touch passing and good awareness, they measure up very well to any other team.

I'm pretty confident.

Agree about the trio - they're all quite intelligent footballers who play ball to feet and move well - in a way they'll combine better than they do with Lennon and Bale given Lennon and Bale are very different players.

Would prefer to see Benny at LB as I like JV in the middle however I think its a short term thing as next year with Gallas almost certain to leave, Caulker would have played in the midweek game and therefore we'd probably be leaving him or JV out today

funny but i see osman as a massive problem for us. his positioning and game reading i think are really good. and we could see what positioning did to us when we played basel. we were chasing shadows everywhere.
He is also one mean finisher.

As for ross barkely, i think he'll be an england international.....i REALLY rate that kid. not like on par with world class prospects...but i think he is a very good young player

am actually a bit excited to see him start

you're Nigerian right? Wouldnt you want him to play for Nigeria instead?

Another reason why we need to win today is to give Liverpool a shout of 6th so that they're up for it when they play Chelea in a couple weeks time

I'm pretty confident.

But didn't he just score after a marauding run from centre back and play a cracking pass for Bales goal from centre back against Swansea?

Back