• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Wolves ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why not list the whole team? I have no idea how most of those already listed are in contention. Doherty? Davies? Does someone have an ironic sense of humour?

You're moaning at the wrong person. I just pull together the players that have been nominated.

Sadly, I think there is some of that.

I think there was plenty of similar discussion during the previous managers time too.

We've seen a fair old change in the squad since then - certainly enough players not truly part of the last regime to work with, if it's the old guard that are the issue.

Some of the players may not be of the required level but i don't think that gets the manager off the hook for how the team is playing - why, if it's a question of following instruction, are new players going to be more likely to be able to follow them? Are we really saying our players cannot follow simple tactical instructions from the manager? Why is it the players that are the problem and not the manager getting his ideas across?
I don’t think he should be free of criticism, but why do you think every manager who comes in wants a few transfer windows to get their own players in? To get the players that fit their ethos/system and in Mourinhos case a specific type of mentality too. Poch said a painful rebuild was needed, and whether you agree or disagree with him being sacked the fact hasn’t changed this squad needs a massive overhaul that started in the summer window for Mourinho to get the team functioning exactly how he wants....

We've seen a fair old change in the squad since then - certainly enough players not truly part of the last regime to work with, if it's the old guard that are the issue.

Not really imo, Verts and Eriksen have gone, I've not done the maths but most of Jose's starting 11's have been from players who were here before he was. Reguilon is the only Jose signing who has taken a regular starting first team place isn't he?

(aware I may be missing someone really obvious, but I've had a drink)

Not really imo, Verts and Eriksen have gone, I've not done the maths but most of Jose's starting 11's have been from players who were here before he was. Reguilon is the only Jose signing who has taken a regular starting first team place isn't he?

(aware I may be missing someone really obvious, but I've had a drink)

Bergwijn. Højbjerg.

I'll say it again, blaming the squad is a total cop out. He was delighted with what he had when he arrived, from the horses mouth.

He's since been backed more heavily than previous managers EVER have been. If we're going to start blaming the squad, time to pack it in.

I don’t think he should be free of criticism, but why do you think every manager who comes in wants a few transfer windows to get their own players in? To get the players that fit their ethos/system and in Mourinhos case a specific type of meteorology too. Poch said a painful rebuild was needed, and whether you agree or disagree with him being sacked the fact hasn’t changed this squad needs a massive overhaul that started in the summer window for Mourinho to get the team functioning exactly how he wants....

A manager still needs to show he can get his ideas across within this sort of timeframe though, i believe - first you have to get your ideas across and then you go in to the market after to improve the quality. If you have to first go in to the market before you can get your ideas across then something is wrong (imo)

A manager still needs to show he can get his ideas across within this sort of timeframe though, i believe - first you have to get your ideas across and then you go in to the market after to improve the quality. If you have to first go in to the market before you can get your ideas across then something is wrong (imo)
But you do agree they understand his ideas?
I know people don’t like it but when it goes wrong everyone says it’s because of Jose tactics so there is no way anyone can say their not brought into them surely?
The execution of those ideas is what needs to change or he has to change tactics full stop
I’m not saying his ideas are right by the way but I guess even the best managers need time to get the players to fully understand that if they switch off on a set pice it could cost us

Not much point in a messenger if you can't shoot them once in a while.

He's basically saying that you're all clams who don't know brick about football. It's an argument that I have some time for but I think it is a little rude being so open about it.

I know people don’t like it but when it goes wrong everyone says it’s because of Jose tactics so there is no way anyone can say their not brought into them surely?
The execution of those ideas is what needs to change or he has to change tactics full stop
I’m not saying his ideas are right by the way but I guess even the best managers need time to get the players to fully understand that if they switch off on a set pice it could cost us

I think we're playing exactly how he wants us to and any talk of him wanting more from us today is solely dependent on the score line. We win 1 nil and he won't be saying he was giving the team grief at half time.

I don't know what he'll do with another window or twos worth of players but i think we're seeing the groundwork for it - and it ain't pretty.

I think we're playing exactly how he wants us to and any talk of him wanting more from us today is solely dependent on the score line. We win 1 nil and he won't be saying he was giving the team grief at half time.

I don't know what he'll do with another window or twos worth of players but i think we're seeing the groundwork for it - and it ain't pretty.

so the players are brought in and it’s individual errors that are still costing us.... 10 goals this season so far from set pieces I believe.

I can’t argue it’s pretty as it’s not. It can be effective and we have seen that but it’s not aesthetically pleasing

No. He's blaming the players to shift attention away from him, it's what he always does when results are bad.

I didn't see him pull over a senior player at any break in play and give them instructions. He wasn't off the bench giving instructions. I think that he'd like us to break more effectively but that he's happy with us sitting back and inviting the opponent on.

We were winning games from a handful of shots earlier in the season. It is hardly surprising that we haven't been able to keep that up.

No. He's blaming the players to shift attention away from him, it's what he always does when results are bad.

I didn't see him pull over a senior player at any break in play and give them instructions. He wasn't off the bench giving instructions. I think that he'd like us to break more effectively but that he's happy with us sitting back and inviting the opponent on.

We were winning games from a handful of shots earlier in the season. It is hardly surprising that we haven't been able to keep that up.
So whose tactics are the players playing then?

so the players are brought in and it’s individual errors that are still costing us.... 10 goals this season so far from set pieces I believe.

I can’t argue it’s pretty as it’s not. It can be effective and we have seen that but it’s not aesthetically pleasing

We'll judge how effective it i suppose at the end of the season but right now it doesn't seem to be all that effective.

So whose tactics are the players playing then?

Mourinho's. He wants them to sit back and hit opponents on the break. We just aren't very fluid on the break at the moment. This is hardly surprising, we were massively exceeding xG earlier in the season and that is normally unsustainable.

We'll judge how effective it i suppose at the end of the season but right now it doesn't seem to be all that effective.
It’s not effective
We’re in a bad spell and need something to change
I do think it’s hard though for coaches to focus on systems and still have players make basic errors that cost us goals though

Mourinho's. He wants them to sit back and hit opponents on the break. We just aren't very fluid on the break at the moment. This is hardly surprising, we were massively exceeding xG earlier in the season and that is normally unsustainable.

Kane and Son should be exceeding xG though as they are much better players than the data is built on.

So the player do understand his ideas? land their not executing them right unless you think his ideas are let ,en run off us at set pieces and score or give away silly penalties

Back