• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Stoke City *** 15/08/2015 3pm

If Eriksen doesn't score in the next 9 seconds... what did he do today?
When he swapped with Mason, and let Mason go further forward we actually looked a better side and he got on the ball more - but he is not really a #10 or wide left player.

Spurs Spurs Spurs. You never let us down. Poch is totally and utterly clueless. Maybe more people will open their eyes now. His "management" today was shocking. An absolute joke of a manager. Stood there, arms folded, bemused rabbit in the headlights look on his face with not a clue what to do.

Bring on the excuses........excuses........excuses by the rose tinted deniers.

Well have a new Manager at the end of the Season...if he does not wake up!

Only Spurs. fudgeing he'll we're ****. Bentaleb and Lamela both just useless.
thats harsh on bentaleb. young guy, played well last season, had a poor opening 80 minutes this.

as for lamela? i just don't know anymore, i really dont. he looks worse ans worse and worse. and on the back of performances like todays you have to wonder if another player in the league would be as bad. we've not seen anything in 2 and a bit years to suggest hes anything other than poor.

Spurs Spurs Spurs. You never let us down. Poch is totally and utterly clueless. Maybe more people will open their eyes now. His "management" today was shocking. An absolute joke of a manager. Stood there, arms folded, bemused rabbit in the headlights look on his face with not a clue what to do.

Sack him now. Then we can moan about Levy not giving him a chance.

Drunk. Was he a goal threat?

He was part of the forward momentum in the 1st half. After the midfield vacated behind him he didn't feature. Maybe Poch should have dragged him as opposed to Mason. To be fair he does always look to move it forward.

What a sad sad game. For the first half our tactics looked amazing. They were trying to Mark Kane out of the game, but he kept coming deep and releasing runners instead. Our midfield and fowards were fluid. We could have gone 3-0 up when Kane had that chance from Chadli.

Then.

Kane comes off and we lose our retention in the final third. Then Mason comes off and we lose our best player of the day. The problem was then that Lamela again could not hold until the ball, and Benteleb gave away some passes. And suddenly we are on the back foot. Just when we needed to be solid we gave the ball away a lot because of powder puff play from the subs.

The penalty. Ridiculous. why? but the goal. It was coming from that side. Too many times Walker either stands off the man or he is out numbered. All game long they were swinging them in from that side Diouf had three chances before he finally got one. And Ireland could have got a winner. It was happening last week as well.

today Showed we really really need another forward. And also that we need the pace to release a man when we are being pushed deep.

Must admit that I was very disappointed with Poch today. Totally in control and without doubt his decision to take Mason off cost us the game.

Outwitted by Hughes ... poor subs (Bentaleb is out of form, and fudging Lamela was like playing with 10 men, but the missing guy keeps giving the ball away and freekicks)

How typical of Spurs was that performance, despite the crap nature of the 'penalty'? Played like millionaires at 2-0 up, missed chances that should have gone into the back of the net and then panicked. Also stopped running. tinkle weak!

thats harsh on bentaleb. young guy, played well last season, had a poor opening 80 minutes this.

as for lamela? i just don't know anymore, i really dont. he looks worse ans worse and worse. and on the back of performances like todays you have to wonder if another player in the league would be as bad. we've not seen anything in 2 and a bit years to suggest hes anything other than poor.

our two most expensive players ever Soldado and Lamela 2 big flops...............

Are people really calling Poch into question? We're two games in!? We knew it wouldn't be plain sailing with this team.
The truth is the gap between us and the pack has been eroded to the point where im not sure if it even exists anymore.

Its going to be a tough season: we've gone down the youth route and this is what happens; man utd bring on Schweinsteiger to see out games, we bring on the likes of alli and bentaleb. its the way it is. we have a stadium to fund, and a philosophy to stick with. We need stability and time. I'm not happy with conceding midfield today, but there were positives, and we have no other choice that i can see but to stick with what we are doing.

People need to calm down a little.

The only place Lamela has shone at is Roma where he was playing week in week out against Championship level opposition. Time to get rid but chances are he'll unfortunately feature for us a lot this season.

He was part of the forward momentum in the 1st half. After the midfield vacated behind him he didn't feature. Maybe Poch should have dragged him as opposed to Mason. To be fair he does always look to move it forward.
He needs to play a bit deeper, as he can't dictate play or get on the ball enough at #10 or wide left. Whenever he drops a bit we look a better side -as we did last season on the few occasions when we went 4-4-2 late on and he played CM.

Last edited:

What do you f***ing expect? What he wins the League? We're in the middle of the biggest squad rebuilding job in 10 years and you think we can finish top 4 and steam roll teams like Stoke.

I am just as p!seed off as you are but this whole 'we need a new manager' rant gets us nowhere, we stagnate at best. Whilst you're show casing your genius mate try not to forget we have the youngest squad in the League.

Back