• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Panathinaikos**********

What did he say?

Oh yeah? What he say?

I may be reading to much into it but when he was asked about taking the competition serious and is he happy that the players seemed to have had the right attitude to do well in the competition he was praising them etc then said If we had been in 12 or 14th then quickly said or 10th then he may be under abit of pressure using a strong team in this competition.

Again i will stress i may have read far to much into it but it just seemed funny the way he said it. It just seemed he really wanted to chuck in the "or 10th" lol

Just caught @clint_dempsey: "The team won which is the most important thing, it's great to be involved with 2 goals. Our second goal killed the game and we are through which is what we wanted"

Now some reaction from @IAmJermainDefoe: "They made it difficult for us, they were very tight on us down the middle. Aaron set me up again, he's been brilliant. He knows where I run & finds me. He's been unbelievable....thanks Azza! Fantastic trophy to win. Long way to go and we're delighted to be through"

Andre: "We didn't deserve to suffer, we dominated possession and the play. Good for the lads to go through after we embraced the tournament. Aaron deserves the standing ovation. He's up and down that wing and defensively very strong for us too."

Only just got home! But a great night had, best atmosphere all season so far. Non stop singing from the Park Lane and Shelf. Decent game too... Bit flat after the 1st goal but the last 20mins we were unplayable

Only just got home! But a great night had, best atmosphere all season so far. Non stop singing from the Park Lane and Shelf. Decent game too... Bit flat after the 1st goal but the last 20mins we were unplayable

Two standing ovations...did AVB subbed Demps and Lennon with that in mind :)

I actually thought the first half was like cruise control, no urgency shown by the players, just keep the ball and avoid injury. Defoe could have made it effectively a training session had one of his two attempts before their equalisers turned into goal.

Good to see we are starting to cultivate a healthy winning habbit and warm atmosphere to AVB.

excellent win - we've had a draining run of games starting with Lazio away and come through them superbly
now it's one last push at Everton before the players finally get some rest

well done to all the players and particularly AVB - good team selection tonight, I was worried about Naughton at LB but we got away with it

What a bargain buy Dempsey is turning into - i never understood why some people talked of a 'panic buy' - £6m for a proven quality Prem forward (it was £6m?)- what's to panic about that?

I agree for a while it looked like a poor buy, but he's really turned it around now.

Really happy with the win. This win not only puts us in the next round of Europa League but extends our winning run to 4 matches as well. You can't help but be delighted with that. Ofcourse, we could have won this match more comfortably but you cannot complain as long as we win matches. I think you have to get used to us winning matches ugly like this as we need more quality in the squad now. I think this win also proves that we can cope without Bale, even if it is for a short period.

I think AVB played his best available players except for Dembele. We probably would have done better had Dembele started. But can understand why we don't want to risk the injury-prone Dembele. It must be stated we scored the 2nd goal as soon as Dembele came on. Dembele is proving to be our lucky charm as we have won all the matches he has played for us. The inexperienced Carroll did well in the first half but went missing in the 2nd half. Not sure why AVB didn't start Hudd as he always seemed to do better in European matches.

Relieved to see Adebayor come back with a goal. Was worried he might do something silly again as he badly wanted to impress AVB. And it was nice to see him not wasting the one-on-one chance for a change. We should have got boosted by the goal but we got complacent at the start of the 2nd half. It almost proved costly as Panathinaikos not only equalised but almost took the lead. Nice to see Dempsey playing a major part in the win, involving in 2 goals. But I think he could have done better with the header for the 2nd goal. Fortunately for us, it bounced back into goal. That was a crucial moment and goal.

Really glad Defoe is continuing his goal run. I think it is good for us if he can extend his goal run further. Despite the win, I would have been disappointed had Defoe not scored. We need our strikers to be consistent goal scorers. But one thing I noticed, there seem to be some kind of "cold war" between Defoe and Adebayor as soon as Adebayor scored. Defoe seemed restless and agitated to score a goal himself after that. He should have done better with the chance which hit the goal post in the 2nd half. But it was a cool finish from Defoe for our 3rd goal.

It is great to continue our winning run. Hope we will get a favourable draw in the next round of EL. Let's hope we can continue this winning run against Everton in the league.

Really happy with the win. This win not only puts us in the next round of Europa League but extends our winning run to 4 matches as well. You can't help but be delighted with that. Ofcourse, we could have won this match more comfortably but you cannot complain as long as we win matches. I think you have to get used to us winning matches ugly like this as we need more quality in the squad now. I think this win also proves that we can cope without Bale, even if it is for a short period.

I think AVB played his best available players except for Dembele. We probably would have done better had Dembele started. But can understand why we don't want to risk the injury-prone Dembele. It must be stated we scored the 2nd goal as soon as Dembele came on. Dembele is proving to be our lucky charm as we have won all the matches he has played for us. The inexperienced Carroll did well in the first half but went missing in the 2nd half. Not sure why AVB didn't start Hudd as he always seemed to do better in European matches.

Relieved to see Adebayor come back with a goal. Was worried he might do something silly again as he badly wanted to impress AVB. And it was nice to see him not wasting the one-on-one chance for a change. We should have got boosted by the goal but we got complacent at the start of the 2nd half. It almost proved costly as Panathinaikos not only equalised but almost took the lead. Nice to see Dempsey playing a major part in the win, involving in 2 goals. But I think he could have done better with the header for the 2nd goal. Fortunately for us, it bounced back into goal. That was a crucial moment and goal.

Really glad Defoe is continuing his goal run. I think it is good for us if he can extend his goal run further. Despite the win, I would have been disappointed had Defoe not scored. We need our strikers to be consistent goal scorers. But one thing I noticed, there seem to be some kind of "cold war" between Defoe and Adebayor as soon as Adebayor scored. Defoe seemed restless and agitated to score a goal himself after that. He should have done better with the chance which hit the goal post in the 2nd half. But it was a cool finish from Defoe for our 3rd goal.

It is great to continue our winning run. Hope we will get a favourable draw in the next round of EL. Let's hope we can continue this winning run against Everton in the league.

Almost.

Spurs have won every Premier League game in which Dembele has started though...

P0117.png

...and we're unbeaten in every game when Dembele has featured.

Almost.

Spurs have won every Premier League game in which Dembele has started though...

P0117.png

...and we're unbeaten in every game when Dembele has featured.

Oh well, still nice to look at that stats though. Like to think Dembele brings us lots of lucky charm, as well as quality to our midfield.

Back