• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Olympic Marseille ***

Please. I've gone through all the sh*t with all of you before, and I've been as self deprecating as they come. I've played this game through my head over and over knowing exactly how it will probably go but I just need to try something new. Its a vicious cycle, we've been scarred by so many horrendous past moments that its inevitable to expect the worse and take the p*** out of ourselves. Believe me some of the old school posters still on twitter, still reminisce about those "glory days" on here.

Lets just believe for 5 mins that we got the stuff. We're gonna do it.
Fair play, but people are different. My primary take is that football should be fun, and as I am no active player or staff in the club I get no other reward than a great feeling from watching when we are doing well and the thought of that it's done in a proper fashion, apart from bragging rights towards those who give a sh*t. I have sympathy with those living in the midst of it, but I don't. Besides, being pessimistic (not that I see myself as such) makes every good result a delight, and not taken for granted because we are so fantastic. We have a saying that's something like "lose and win in the same mind", and while probably been made up by winners still has some truth to it for sanity's sake.

I believe we can snatch a win tonight, but I don't expect us to just because, and nothing I write on here will change anything about the result unfortunately. Except the obvious jinx of course.

Last edited:
If we don't have optimism, then whats the point of it all? Might as well dream a little. Being apprehensive all the time is enough to make me think why even bother with it all. Lets stop seeing Spurs as an illness that we're all stuck with lol
You haven't been a Spurs fan for long if you don't see Spurs as an illness you're stuck with haha..! I would like to clarify that I love the period we're in rather that the period I described, and have said earlier that I'm grateful towards Redknapp and Poch in particular - not only for making us good but also making us exciting to watch. I can take us being exciting and bad, and even boring and good. But not being boring and bad, by design or not. We may have been spoiled, but I'd say few would disagree that we're on a decline playwise if not resultwise. At least there is a little joy in others' misfortune as I see Liverpool going down the same road as we did. So why not make fun? I love Dr. Tottenham and think it's funny, but each to their own. As you say, if following football doesn't give you joy, what's the point? Me personally, I'd rather see us poking a litte fun of ourselves rather than making spacegoats of some players who, let's face it, maybe aren't quite as good as made out. On here and elsewhere.

Fair play, but people are different. My primary take is that football should be fun, and as I am no active player or staff in the club I get no other reward than a great feeling from watching when we are doing well and the thought of that it's done in a proper fashion, apart from bragging rights towards those who give a sh*t. I have sympathy with those living in the midst of it, but I don't. Besides, being pessimistic (not that I see myself as such) makes every good result a delight, and not taken for granted because we are so fantastic. We have a saying that's something like "lose and win in the same mind", and while probably been made up by winners still has some truth to it for sanity's sake.

I believe we can snatch a win tonight, but I don't expect us to just because, and nothing I write on here will change anything about the result unfortunately. Except the obvious jinx of course.

haha 100%, everything we do matters, from what we eat in the morning, to if we have a cheeky w***

Of course, I actually think the fact we can take the p*ss out of ourselves makes us a decent bunch. But just the stuff I been reading on twitter... urghh... so depressing. I get it, we always throw it away, but come on. Yeah it may not matter but I think it builds a narrative around the club. We contribute to it.

You haven't been a Spurs fan for long if you don't see Spurs as an illness you're stuck with haha..! I would like to clarify that I love the period we're in rather that the period I described, and have said earlier that I'm grateful towards Redknapp and Poch in particular - not only for making us good but also making us exciting to watch. I can take us being exciting and bad, and even boring and good. But not being boring and bad, by design or not. We may have been spoiled, but I'd say few would disagree that we're on a decline playwise if not resultwise. At least there is a little joy in others' misfortune as I see Liverpool going down the same road as we did. So why not make fun? I love Dr. Tottenham and think it's funny, but each to their own. As you say, if following football doesn't give you joy, what's the point? Me personally, I'd rather see us poking a litte fun of ourselves rather than making spacegoats of some players who, let's face it, maybe aren't quite as good as made out. On here and elsewhere.
Oh yeah for sure. If the opposite is how Liverpool and Arsenal fans are... no thanks

haha 100%, everything we do matters, from what we eat in the morning, to if we have a cheeky w***

Of course, I actually think the fact we can take the p*ss out of ourselves makes us a decent bunch. But just the stuff I been reading on twitter... urghh... so depressing. I get it, we always throw it away, but come on. Yeah it may not matter but I think it builds a narrative around the club. We contribute to it.
I don't read Twitter if not linked on here, but that kind of social media in general are best avoided to maintain somewhat belief in humanity. It's best suited for cute cat videos and such content.

Oh yeah for sure. If the opposite is how Liverpool and Arsenal fans are... no thanks
Absolutely. My point is that if you are blindly optimistic, you are sure to feel let down and disappointed at various degrees. By certain players/persons or the team in general. Or everybody else around you. Can't be good. For all it's statistics and analysis, football is a simple and at times quite random game. But he who has the most toys wins, mainly.

Fireworks going off outside the team hotel at 1:30 and 4:30am, waking up players. I actually like this, and hope we use it as motivation. Put some fire in our bellies, and appreciate the importance of the game. Lets do them!

Fireworks going off outside the team hotel at 1:30 and 4:30am, waking up players. I actually like this, and hope we use it as motivation. Put some fire in our bellies, and appreciate the importance of the game. Lets do them!

It shouldn't effect professional sportsman, they dont have to get up at 6am and do a days work, they will sleep in the day if they need it.

It’s good one of their stands are closed considering every stand they have is like our south stand.

The one closed is behind one of the goals too I believe.

I am not confident about this game at all considering we are away and are missing crucial players.

The key points for me are:

1. One stand closed helps us as it will help to disrupt the cauldron like atmosphere both visually and in terms of noise.
2. We are forced to play 3-5-2 which whilst limits are ability to counter attack, it does mean we are better placed to keep possession.
3. No stupid early bookings.
4. Lloris needs to have one of his top performances, making saves and no ridiculous mistakes.
5. Marseille to not be clinical with any great chances they have.
6. Kane and Son have effective games despite their undoubtedly great levels of tiredness.

I am going to be positive and plunge for 0-0.

They were trying to get spurs fan banned from the city centre until 2am Wednesday (the police were). I don’t know if it’s happened though

They have cordoned off the area where they want the Spurs fans to be (which isn’t even the square we were supposed to be in, with food and drink stalls and DJ - that seems to have gone out the window). I’ve seen people be asked randomly by the police to show their match tickets and police are manning most of the cordons (but not all). I’ve circumvented the cordon so I’m sure plenty of others have although I have spent so much time on the phone to EE trying to get my roaming working that in the end I’ve not had time to do my planned tour of Marseilles and haven’t got as far as the old port area where we are not supposed to go anyway. It’s a holiday here today and lovely and hot so right now there’s a good feel about the place but suspect that will change later. As someone else said - yes OCM have a partial closure of their stadium so the area next to us should be empty. Should at least mean there’s no fireworks being thrown in as was the case when they played Frankfurt. Downside is shuttle buses to the stadium are supposed to start leaving at 4pm!! Bearing in mind it’s a 9pm KO here, that’s ridiculously early. Think the authorities just want us out of the city centre before the locals come out.

Anyway, travel update over. Not sure how to feel about tonight but on balance I think we will win but they will make us suffer for it.

They have cordoned off the area where they want the Spurs fans to be (which isn’t even the square we were supposed to be in, with food and drink stalls and DJ - that seems to have gone out the window). I’ve seen people be asked randomly by the police to show their match tickets and police are manning most of the cordons (but not all). I’ve circumvented the cordon so I’m sure plenty of others have although I have spent so much time on the phone to EE trying to get my roaming working that in the end I’ve not had time to do my planned tour of Marseilles and haven’t got as far as the old port area where we are not supposed to go anyway. It’s a holiday here today and lovely and hot so right now there’s a good feel about the place but suspect that will change later. As someone else said - yes OCM have a partial closure of their stadium so the area next to us should be empty. Should at least mean there’s no fireworks being thrown in as was the case when they played Frankfurt. Downside is shuttle buses to the stadium are supposed to start leaving at 4pm!! Bearing in mind it’s a 9pm KO here, that’s ridiculously early. Think the authorities just want us out of the city centre before the locals come out.

Anyway, travel update over. Not sure how to feel about tonight but on balance I think we will win but they will make us suffer for it.
Stay safe and enjoy yourself

Hopefully Marseille are reading our negative comments and then bam... got them right where we want them. Sonny hatrick in 10 minutes.

7d2.jpg

Back