• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Olympic Marseille ***

It's starting to feel more like punishing players for getting injured in the first place lol!
Alec Ferguson used to do that when he was boss at Aberdeen.
If anyone turned up for training and said they had an injury, he would make them go and stand in the North Sea to soothe it.
And if he was annoyed with you, he would make you do it at night.
No surprise that players preferred to train and play on through niggles.

Alec Ferguson used to do that when he was boss at Aberdeen.
If anyone turned up for training and said they had an injury, he would make them go and stand in the North Sea to soothe it.
And if he was annoyed with you, he would make you do it at night.
No surprise that players preferred to train and play on through niggles.

Bit far for us.

We'll lose, drop down to the Europa crap and get the Goons and then lose to them - written in the stars I tell thee.

was that forbidden to say? I swear this place was much funnier and less self concious when we were sh*t, and the highlights were whether The Sock would play for us or choose his local 4th division team, Hoddle scratching half his skull off by on a weekly basis and the forum could mine a bitcoin per hour by furiously pressing F5 when we could achieve a Uefa Fair Play spot by not tackling anybody for the entire season. Where's the trademarked British self deprecating humour gone?

Tonight would be a great time to play two good halves, because a loss and a draw in the other fixture would be, well, I don't know really but it would probably be bad.

Need to cut this Dr Tottenham BS out. Self loathing helps no one. Dream, we’re mixing it with Europe’s elite, let’s go out there and show we deserve to belong on this stage.
No more negative bulls**t
Yeah but on the flip our football has been to be polite uninspiring for large parts this season. And we haven’t been mixing it with Europes elite, we have been mixing it with Marseille, Sporting Lisbon and Frankfurt and making a meal out of getting out of an extremely average group. So it’s hardly surprising some fans are apprehensive about our chances, rather than just going in with blind optimism….

is this forbidden to say? I swear this place was much funnier and less self concious when we were sh*t, and the highlights were whether The Sock would play for us or choose his local 4th division team, Hoddle scratching half his skull off by on a weekly basis and the forum could mine a bitcoin per hour by furiously pressing F5 when we could achieve a Uefa Fair Play spot by not tackling anybody for the entire season. Where's the trademarked British self deprecating humour gone?

Tonight would be a great time to play two good halves, because a loss and a draw in the other fixture would be, well, I don't know really but it would probably be bad.

Please. I've gone through all the sh*t with all of you before, and I've been as self deprecating as they come. I've played this game through my head over and over knowing exactly how it will probably go but I just need to try something new. Its a vicious cycle, we've been scarred by so many horrendous past moments that its inevitable to expect the worse and take the p*** out of ourselves. Believe me some of the old school posters still on twitter, still reminisce about those "glory days" on here.

Lets just believe for 5 mins that we got the stuff. We're gonna do it.

Yeah but on the flip our football has been to be polite uninspiring for large parts this season. And we haven’t been mixing it with Europes elite, we have been mixing it with Marseille, Sporting Lisbon and Frankfurt and making a meal out of getting out of an extremely average group. So it’s hardly surprising some fans are apprehensive about our chances, rather than just going in with blind optimism….
If we don't have optimism, then whats the point of it all? Might as well dream a little. Being apprehensive all the time is enough to make me think why even bother with it all. Lets stop seeing Spurs as an illness that we're all stuck with lol

If we don't have optimism, then whats the point of it all? Might as well dream a little. Being apprehensive all the time is enough to make me think why even bother with it all. Lets stop seeing Spurs as an illness that we're all stuck with lol
You’re talking about pre match, does it really matter? The way we have been playing, and the injuries we have I’m not particularly confident. But I’ll watch the game and if we play well and win I will enjoy it regardless. Why on earth would whether you’re confident about your team winning a game or not have an effect on whether you bother?! You support your team regardless. Anyway, I think you’re just @thfcsteff on another account:D…..

was that forbidden to say? I swear this place was much funnier and less self concious when we were sh*t, and the highlights were whether The Sock would play for us or choose his local 4th division team, Hoddle scratching half his skull off by on a weekly basis and the forum could mine a bitcoin per hour by furiously pressing F5 when we could achieve a Uefa Fair Play spot by not tackling anybody for the entire season. Where's the trademarked British self deprecating humour gone?

This made me laugh! For a long time!
Chapau! :D

Back