• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool*** OFFICIAL

Not blaming Paulinho for tonight and it's not his fault he's a poor player, but feck me, he bottles so many tackles it's unreal.
I may be wrong, but i think Paulinho's first involvement was a bottle around the halfway line, i can't even call it a 50% 50% because to me it seemed to be a 65%-35% in his favour and he still bottled it. Even worse he doesn't seem to bother chasing right after.

I genuinely think he needs some help, semi-committing to tackles might lead to a greater increase in the chances of injury i would have thought, can he not see that in trying to avoid an injury he is damaging his career?

I hate to cast aspersions on a man, but come on, get your foot in there ffs.

This loss to Liverpool has slightly taken the gloss off the victories against Arse and Chelsea.

Right up until they scored their third i wouldn't have taken a draw if offered, i kept thinking the man Kane will finish this off for us.

Going back to the early part of the season though those 2 results and a competitive display like that at Anfield seemed a long way off. Especially in light of some of the beatings we have taken from those 3 other the last season or so.

Added to that the sheer amount of games we have played and the players still don't seem to be displaying any real sign of exhaustion that Poch's system is supposed to induce over the latter part of seasons and such a short time after a NLD too.

I have an especial hatred at Liverpool having grown up in the 1980's so any defeat against them hurts above Chelsea/West ham (though below Arse naturally).

Really thought we would pinch the result
clear.png

Rose really needs to learn not to dive in like a park footballer, I still can not believe he did that in our own box.

I know he has a lot of fans, I just don't see it myself.

Last night we showed a complete lack of game management, I know there was 10 minutes left, but sometimes its best not to lose a game rather than try and win it.

Liverpool will not finish in the top 4 this year, after a run of very easy games they now have tough games coming up and the Europa League to deal with.

Rose definitely needs to temper his rash challenges. He could have gone last night quite easily with the rate Dowdy was dropping cards. That said we were comfortable at 2-2. Liverpool take two men wide and we 'amble' over. I sensed an issue coming. Someone switches off for a second, lets their runner go and boom we've lost. Silly mistakes that Poch will be annoyed by. Meh.

I thought the contrast between last night performance and the game against them at WHL last season was huge.... Also a massive contrast to the heavy beatings they gave us under both AVB and Sherwood last season.

In the games last season and earlier this season Liverpool turned over the ball against us at will and then found it easy to get in behind us, while we were unable to work the ball through their press. They seemed to have time on the ball and were able to make us look slow and ponderous.

Last night I thought was very different, both teams worked hard to force the other team into mistakes. I felt that we gave the ball away in unforced situations more than them (Bentaleb probably the biggest culprit last night) but we won the ball back off of them due to pressure more than they did to us. My perception from watching on TV was that we probably just about shaded possession and in terms of chances and shots it was probably just about even.

I think Mason's early yellow card had a big impact as he had to watch himself after that and, while many of the yellow cards last night were completely unjustified I think Mason's looked to be a yellow card challenge and he has to improve his mentality a little bit with his tackling. There was no need for him to be conceding a yellow card in that situation when he could've just forced the player to take the outside in a and kept pace with him on the inside in a non dangerous area of the pitch. That will come with experience however and I hope Poch is explaining him to this when they do the match analysis today.

I also hope Pochettino highlights Chadli's complete lack of effort in tracking the dangerous run that Lallana made into our box that set up the goal. Had Chadli gone with him as he should've done then we would've been coming out of that game with our points difference over in the league table intact.

Rose definitely needs to temper his rash challenges. He could have gone last night quite easily with the rate Dowdy was dropping cards. That said we were comfortable at 2-2. Liverpool take two men wide and we 'amble' over. I sensed an issue coming. Someone switches off for a second, lets their runner go and boom we've lost. Silly mistakes that Poch will be annoyed by. Meh.
Penalty aside (and that was just a foul and not a yellow card offence) I didn't think that Rose nearly as rash in the tackle as several other of our other players. The fact that he wasn't booked in a game where fatty Dowd was booking a player for just about every foul probably backs that up.

For Liverpool's winner I thought we were reasonably well positioned.... Rose and (I think) Bentaleb had Liverpool's winger and fullback covered, I thought it was then Chadli's complete indifference in wanting to get goalside of Lallana that resulted in the goal. Chadli was reasonably close to him and looking straight at him as Lallana started to drift into the box but looked as though he couldn't be bothered to try to sprint into a position to cover.

Goals nearly always come from mistakes... but Lloris clearly should have saved that scuffed shot that crept in... then Rose was stupid to dive in like that, that was definitely a penalty, then at the end we didn't track the runner and didn't mark properly, all a bit amateurish. But I don't feel sad, I feel proud of the way we stuck it to them on a ploughed field, could have gone either way.

As a team you cannot let a winger have a run on your full back time and time again with runners off him - it's suicide.

Don't know what was wrong with Eriksen but he looked shattered/like he didn't want to be on the pitch. Hoping he comes right back into form with a rest.

Rose really needs to learn not to dive in like a park footballer, I still can not believe he did that in our own box.

Last night we showed a complete lack of game management, I know there was 10 minutes left, but sometimes its best not to lose a game rather than try and win it.

Liverpool will not finish in the top 4 this year, after a run of very easy games they now have tough games coming up and the Europa League to deal with.

Yeah I'm still not a fan of Rose despite some good performances. He is too up and down for me, one week he gives you an 8 out of 10, but he follows that up with a 4 out of 10. He would be an excellent back up, but Davies was brought in to give Rose some competition so I don't think either of them will be going any time soon.

Not a great performance from us. Particularly way too many individual mistakes. It was as if everyone had to give the ball away needlessly in a dangerous position at least once.

We responded reasonably well to going behind twice, but couldn't quite put up the right kind of effort after the third one. We battled hard, worked hard, and were lot closer to Liverpool than we have been in recent games. But we were nowhere near the levels we were at against Arsenal and Chelsea, that was disappointing.

Still very optimistic though. 6 points against Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, I think just about everyone would have been in biting off arms mode if offered that earlier this season. Some inconsistency has to be expected when you're starting the youngest PL line-up of the season for the entire league in quick succession games against other top 4 contenders.

We've seen our players bounce back from disappointment before and I expect them to do the same again this time.

Yeah I'm still not a fan of Rose despite some good performances. He is too up and down for me, one week he gives you an 8 out of 10, but he follows that up with a 4 out of 10. He would be an excellent back up, but Davies was brought in to give Rose some competition so I don't think either of them will be going any time soon.
Sorry but I think youre massively overaggerating. Rose has had a couple of poor performances this season, but for the main has been consistently good. He certainly doesn't follow up a good game with a bad game on a regular basis. He had a poor game, simple as that - he hasn't had many this season...

Sorry but I think youre massively overaggerating. Rose has had a couple of poor performances this season, but for the main has been consistently good. He certainly doesn't follow up a good game with a bad game on a regular basis. He had a poor game, simple as that - he hasn't had many this season...

I'm not going to go through a game by game analysis because I honestly can't remember every game, but he's definitely had more than a couple of poor performances.

He is one player who lots of fans will jump on at even the slightest hint of a bad game and remain oblivious when he has year another strong performance.

He is one player who lots of fans will jump on at even the slightest hint of a bad game and remain oblivious when he has year another strong performance.

It's nothing personal, but some don't rate him as highly as others do. Certainly don't think he gets any worse stick compared to any other player in the squad with the exception of Ade.

I'm not going to go through a game by game analysis because I honestly can't remember every game, but he's definitely had more than a couple of poor performances.

He really hasn't - he started the season like a train and even when we weren't playing well, he was consistently putting in good solid performances.

Last night was poor. Leicster away was poor and then he wasn't very good against Emirates Marketing Project away either.

All I will say is that if he had played like Davies did against Sheff Utd in the cup, there would be more than a few people stating that he should never play for the club again.

I just think the game came to soon after the NLD. Such were our intensity against Arseanal, that an away trip to Liverpool just three days later, was always going to be a big ask . There were to many errors in our passes, including some beauties to put in the Liverpool players through in on our goal! Errors aside , I do however feel that our team did us proud with their efforts and I'm very optimistic about future.

I was surprised and a little concerned that no changes were made to the starting line-up . No wholesale changes were needed after the NLD, but I did think Rose would be on the bench and Davies would get his chance and I also expected Stambouli to show too, coming in for either Bentaleb or Mason. The Frenchman didn't make the bench so maybe he picked up an injury in training so that option was closed for Poch .

To combat our pressing game, Rodgers had his team set up on the counter and he also instructed his players to hit plenty of cross field balls into the spaces and to then give chase. Often, these long cross field balls were hit, in behind our full-backs and I felt, Walker coped better than Rose did with this tactic. To be fair to Rose, he did have the impressive Ibe to deal with . During half time, I were hoping we would address our left sided issue but Poch stayed with Rose and it proved costly so I were disappointed on that score as I wanted to see how Davies would've coped.

Anyway, next season we will do the scousers ....

Onwards and upwards ........COYS!!!

I also can't believe Stambouli did practically the same thing against Palace. Both penalties really screwed us.

Do what I did and change your avatar to a picture of The Sun.

It's surprisingly cathartic.

Very classy . You lose a game of football and you think it's funny to poke fun at the dead ?

In addition to that it could have been Spurs fans that got crushed at Hillsborough in 1981 because the ground was a deathtrap back then too. SYP and SWFC were blatantly incapable of looking after fans - serious crushes were commonplace year after year .

Maybe you should talk to some of your own fans that escaped getting crushed in 1981 or Leeds fans or Man Utd fans and Coventry fans too...the 1981, 87 and 88 FA Cup semi finals all had issues to do with fans getting crushed. Luckily the previous years the gate to the terraces was closed or the gates to the pitch were opened earlier so no fatalities occurred .

Maybe , and especially as the moderator of your forum you should reflect on this and think before you post next time . How would you feel if your Dad, older brother or sister had got crushed at a football match ? Would you like it if opposition fans abused you like you did last night ?

I'm guessing that you're not old enough to have been on the terraces in the 80's when ALL football fans were treated like cattle by the authorities - maybe take a look in the mirror and reflect on what you've said and the pain it causes other people .

And just be thankful that it didn't happen to Spurs fans in 1981 , because it very nearly did .

Banter is part of football , hatred is not or shouldn't be at least.....

https://tottenhamonmymind.wordpress...gh-the-bond-between-spurs-and-liverpool-fans/

http://thehillsboroughdisasterdocum...rough-spurs-v-wolves-f-a-cup-semi-final-1981/

http://thehillsboroughdisasterdocum.../hillsborough-1981-disaster-narrowly-avoided/

Oh and a Heysel link for you … for the inevitable “Murderers” response

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2013/05/what-about-justice-for-heysel/

By the way you haven't wound me up or whatever , I just feel sorry for you ....

Perhaps you should take a look in the mirror…

Respect to the Spurs fans that disagreed with this post - thanks . Hope you beat Chelsea in the League Cup Final and qualify for Europe above Arsenal ;)

YNWA - a Liverpool fan

Back