• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester City ***

Sooner we get over our persistent spacegoating of Sissoko we will realise we need Sissoko because our midfield is still porous.
Its not spacegoating, he's awful and is a major cause of the lack of controlled possession his selection is a major cause of that porousness in midfield.

Really poor today but it has been coming. Not really played well since the Emirates Marketing Project game but have been made to look better by a bit of magic from Kane . and/or Son. Today the formation did not seem right in the first half and after the half-time change and the Lo Celso knock we were even more unbalanced in the 2nd half. Dele for Lo Celso was the obvious sub after already taking off Ndombele, but he was not even n the bench.

I agree but we do need to be able to handle conceding a goal, it could have been a screamer from nowhere yet we offered nothing when the impetus is on us to make something happen.[/QUOTE
No excuse for moussa to not even jump
Keeping him wide but still not jumping
Awful play
It happened In the first half too when Vardy outjumped Sissoko to win the header. He never jumps, likes to use his arms to grab people and point though.
Wrong use of words I guess , as you can't out jump someone who's feet are in blocks of cement.

How often have we played all 3? How often has Mourinho pulled one of them early when we have?

I don't think the setup is there yet. It might be 2 of the 3 is what we need.
That Mourinho hasn't done it yet does not mean it's not possible. Jose is a cautious manager, we all know that and he is erring on the side of caution by playing Hojberg and Sissoko and only playing one of Ndombele/Lo Celso and usually stationed in tip of the midfield role when both are actually suited to the deeper CM berth.

Its not spacegoating, he's awful and is a major cause of the lack of controlled possession his selection is a major cause of that porousness in midfield.

He has been praised by many when we win.
There was many poor players today.
Sissoko was just one of many.
Name one who played up to standard.

Tough ask in today's game with them sitting back. He is showing some pace, he's got a good touch, and he can belt the ball into the net. Would have liked to have seen some rotation. We could have been ready and prepared from the first whistle.We lost any preparedness today with the subs and injury to Le Celco.

Today was a tough ask but he’s been fairly average (that’s me being kind) in Europe as well. He’s not pulling his weight given the salary and profile.

Today was a tough ask but he’s been fairly average (that’s me being kind) in Europe as well. He’s not pulling his weight given the salary and profile.
I think we have all been patient considering his layoff but even in a short burst he’s not a threat, cuts in sideways going away from goal brick scared of any contact. Unless he can find a way to make that a positive action that offers a shot at goal he’s not even a luxury player, he’s Beckham coming on as sub at the end of his England career

didn't see this coming, but on reflection (typical-hindsight) should've seen this coming, players must be getting knackered and oppo teams know what to expect

two mistakes is hard to take tho', so very very hard

Those who praised him when we've won were bloody blinded by the fact we had won. Look at the match ratings when we win suddenly every player gets an 8/10 which is nonsense.

He's awful and has been awful, nothing has changed just the performance of the others around him.

We keep picking him and the performances will continue to be poor and a struggle we will win games no doubt because we do have a lot of talent but it will be inspite of him not due to any positive impact he has.

He's not awful, he's been key in our good form this season. He's not good with the ball, and upgrading him would improve us massively but it's wrong to ignore what he brings to the team.
It's wrong to ignore all the harm he brings. The negatives far outweigh any positives.

Read the Sissoko thread for a more detailed explanation of how I view his contribution.

I think we have all been patient considering his layoff but even in a short burst he’s not a threat, cuts in sideways going away from goal brick scared of any contact. Unless he can find a way to make that a positive action that offers a shot at goal he’s not even a luxury player, he’s Beckham coming on as sub at the end of his England career

Hard to judge today, came on to join a group of players who had already showed a determination to lose.

Weather will be talked about after that.

Sissoko is the personification of the overall strategy - looks reasonably comfortable for a lot of the game without the ball, not so much with it. This of course is fine if you are 1-0 up, but not so much when you need a goal.

Today though there were many better players who were worse than him on the ball in the first half and worse defensive contributions that not winning a header in - 3 on 1 situation in our box.

That’s a fair call
And I’m not digging him out for his poor play with the ball as that’s normal and he does other things that help
But not jumping against Vardy is inexcusable IMO. Aurier wins every header that side. Sissoko just gets in the way when it’s in the air, and for a big guy that’s really weak

Back