• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs LAZIO**********

UEFA Europa League Live
ITV4
Matt Smith presents a double bill of Europa action beginning with Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool making the trip to Switzerland to play BSC Young Boys in Berne. Then Andre Villa-Boas' Tottenham face Italian side Lazio at White Hart Lane. Analysis from Gordon Strachan and Robbie Fowler. Commentary: Peter Drury and Jim Beglin in Berne, Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend at White Hart lane.

You'd hope that the thread starter would put in a bit of effort and include this information. I'd hoped that us taking the Europa League seriously would extend to OMT starters.

I would go:

-------------------Lloris-------------------
Walker------Dawson----Caulker-----Naughton
------------Livermore---Huddlestone--------
-----------------Dembele-------------------
-----Dempsey--------------------Bale------
----------------Adebayor-------------------

I'll probably change my mind several times though

--------------------------Ew-go--------------------------

Walker--------Dawson-----Vertonghen-------Naughton

-----------------------Huddlestone----------------------

Townsend------------Dembele---------------------Bale

------------------------------Dempsey-----------------
-------------------Ade----------------------------------

I think people may be underestimating Lazio a bit. They are one of the most on form teams in Europe at the moment, and this player of their's Hernanes has been fantastic so far this season. We will definitely need our best defensive midfielder if he plays, we cannot hope that Livermore or Huddlestone will be good enough. Plus our midfield needs a chance to develop some greater chemistry. So I'd play this team:

----------------------Lloris-----------------------
Walker----Caulker---Vertonghen----Naughton
---------------------Sandro----------------------
------------Siggy-----------Dembele------------
--Dempsey-------Adebayor--------Bale--------

Which is pretty close to our best team. I would be really excited to see how two ball playing midfielders and Lloris affect the fluidity of our play, along with the impact of Adebayor and Dempsey. I feel like a good result at WHL will really be helpful when it comes to our league match at the weekend.

Going into Thursday's UEFA Europa League match against Lazio, 26 of Tottenham's current playing squad have had European Competition experience with the club...

37 Lennon
30 Huddlestone
29 Dawson
25 Jenas
23 Bale
23 Assou-Ekotto
22 Defoe
21 Gomes
10 Gallas
10 Kaboul
9 Cudicini
8 Livermore
5 Bentley (on loan)
5 Carroll
6 Kane (on loan)
6 Sandro
6 Townsend
5 Walker, Kyle
4 Parrett
3 Bostock (on loan)
5 Falque
3 Fredericks (on loan)
4 Rose (on loan)
2 Obika
1 Mason
1 Nicholson

...and 11 of our current players have scored in Europe...

12 Defoe
5 Bale
2 Huddlestone
2 Kaboul
2 Lennon
1 Bentley (on loan)
1 Dawson
1 Jenas
1 Kane (on loan)
1 Livermore
1 Townsend

Tottenham Hotspur European Goalscorers & Appearances 1961-62 to 2012-13

ANDRE DETERMINED TO DO 'SOMETHING SPECIAL' IN EUROPA LEAGUE

Posted 17 September 2012 6:14pm

Andre Villas-Boas has quickly turned his attention to an intriguing opening fixture against SS Lazio in the Europa League on Thursday night, admitting: "We want to do something special in this competition."

The Italian giants travel to the Lane for Matchday One of six in Group J, kicking-off at 8.05pm.

Lazio have made a 100-per-cent winning start in Serie A after three games and travel to London on the back of a 3-1 win at Chievo on Sunday.

Delighted with the result and performance to secure a first victory of the campaign at Reading on Sunday, Andre is looking to take that form into a competition he knows all about - he won it with FC Porto in 2010.

"This competition is very important," said Andre, who insisted he will be fielding a 'strong team'.

"It's a tough competition, you have to play 15 games before you reach the final, so it's hard and strenuous and the best teams out of the Champions League are playing.

"It gives access to the European Super Cup and, for me, I always thought it was a prestigious competition and it should be promoted like that because after the Cup Winners’ Cup disappeared, it is not only about the Champions League.

"If we can win a trophy, that represents a lot for Tottenham Hotspur's history as well and would be something really special."

We'll also face Panathinaikos of Greece and Maribor of Slovenia in Group J.

Tickets for Thursday night's match - priced at Category C - are now available for One Hotspur Bronze and Lilywhite Members

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spu...thing-special-in-europa-league-17092012.page?

Sandro should be one who should definitely NOT play. Need to manage him carefully this season given he started much earlier than most of the squad this year for the Olympics

Start the likes of Caulker, Dawson, Adebayor, Dempsey, Townsend, Thuddlestone, Lloris

agree with this. We need to manage the squad much better this season. Players must be kept fresh for QPR on sunday. Bale looked to be nursing a knock and should deffo be rested as should Verts and certainly an aged Gallas. Shame to rest Defoe as he is in good form but we need him more for QPR imo. Ade and Dempsey have not had any preseason (at the Lane or elsewhere) and desperately need game time. So:

Lloris
Walker
Dawson
Caulker
Naughton
Hudd
Dembele
Lennon
Dempsey
Townsend
Ade

Have a feeling it will be:

---------------Lloris------------------
Walker--Dawson--Vertongen--Naughton
--------Hudd-------Dembele----------
Lennon------Sigurdsson--------Dempsey
----------------Ade-------------------

I have a feeling Ade will start and bang 3 in giving avb a big decision come sunday

Townsend - oh dear

I remember a time when young, exciting players who had come up through the ranks were given massive support by the fans of Tottenham Hotspur. Perhaps a few year ago you would have said Hoddle - oh dear, or maybe Perryman - oh dear. Come on, give the boy a shout, he's young, he's quick, he can go past a player and he's OURS.

ANDRE DETERMINED TO DO 'SOMETHING SPECIAL' IN EUROPA LEAGUE

Posted 17 September 2012 6:14pm

Andre Villas-Boas has quickly turned his attention to an intriguing opening fixture against SS Lazio in the Europa League on Thursday night, admitting: "We want to do something special in this competition."

The Italian giants travel to the Lane for Matchday One of six in Group J, kicking-off at 8.05pm.

Lazio have made a 100-per-cent winning start in Serie A after three games and travel to London on the back of a 3-1 win at Chievo on Sunday.

Delighted with the result and performance to secure a first victory of the campaign at Reading on Sunday, Andre is looking to take that form into a competition he knows all about - he won it with FC Porto in 2010.

"This competition is very important," said Andre, who insisted he will be fielding a 'strong team'.

"It's a tough competition, you have to play 15 games before you reach the final, so it's hard and strenuous and the best teams out of the Champions League are playing.

"It gives access to the European Super Cup and, for me, I always thought it was a prestigious competition and it should be promoted like that because after the Cup Winners’ Cup disappeared, it is not only about the Champions League.

"If we can win a trophy, that represents a lot for Tottenham Hotspur's history as well and would be something really special."

We'll also face Panathinaikos of Greece and Maribor of Slovenia in Group J.

Tickets for Thursday night's match - priced at Category C - are now available for One Hotspur Bronze and Lilywhite Members

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spu...thing-special-in-europa-league-17092012.page?

Great to hear AVB will be taking it seriously - was a major gripe of mine the way we treated it recently

I don't want our first team players being played on a Thursday night for UEFA's Mickey Mouse Cup. Do what Redknapp did.

I remember a time when young, exciting players who had come up through the ranks were given massive support by the fans of Tottenham Hotspur. Perhaps a few year ago you would have said Hoddle - oh dear, or maybe Perryman - oh dear. Come on, give the boy a shout, he's young, he's quick, he can go past a player and he's OURS.

Yep. And the league is our priority and our not so good start means we have some catching up to do to challenge for top four and we'll have to pull some excellent results out of the bag to compensate for two poor home draws. Townsend looked lively when he came on against Reading and I certainly don't want Bale or Lennon getting injured for the league. And it would be great experience for Townsend to play against (admittedly what is likely to be a second string) Lazio.

I don't want our first team players being played on a Thursday night for UEFA's Mickey Mouse Cup. Do what Redknapp did.
Mickey mouse cup? Maybe you should trot along and follow the goons or Chelsea then old boy.

Mickey mouse cup? Maybe you should trot along and follow the goons or Chelsea then old boy.

Whether we like it or not, the UEFA Cup and League Cup (and tragically even the FA Cup) are practically worthless nowadays. Had Liverpool won the FA Cup last year they admitted Dalglish would have still got the boot for example.

I don't like it, but the bottom line is if we finish top four and qualify for the Champs League we'll hold on to the Bale's, Lloris's of this world. We finish 5th and win the UEFA Cup, FA Cup and League Cup? We almost certainly won't.

Back