• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs LAZIO**********

When you watch the highlights, it's head scratching how we didnt come away with the win. Didn't see Klose wrestle Dempsey to the ground from my seat either. Nothing wrong with Dempsey's header, or Caulker's goal. Real shame.

Football is played in fine margins, nothing's wrong, but we do need to pick up a win against QPR else it starts to become a home hoodoo. Not an easy match by any means but 1 we should really be up for after they cost us last year.

When you watch the highlights, it's head scratching how we didnt come away with the win. Didn't see Klose wrestle Dempsey to the ground from my seat either. Nothing wrong with Dempsey's header, or Caulker's goal. Real shame.

Football is played in fine margins, nothing's wrong, but we do need to pick up a win against QPR else it starts to become a home hoodoo. Not an easy match by any means but 1 we should really be up for after they cost us last year.

Agreed - when the fudge are we going to be on the receiving end of some good decisions?

Enough is enough!

No.

I'm definately saying we should give them more time on the ball in positions that are not considered dangerous. What exactly is the point in 2 of our boys closing down one of theirs that has the ball in their half (just giving an example). What we're doing now is closing them down everywhere which makes the opposition think "fudge it then lets just sit back". Then too much pressing leads to sloppiness on our part which then leads to a chance or 2 for them (usually ball over top or one of ours is out of position because of the pressing). It isn't sustainable at Home and we're going to get hit with sucker punch goals time and time again.

Possession means fudge all if you're not creating clear cut chances. We could have 80% possession but who cares when you're creating nothing? that's the point i'm making. Let them have the ball at times, don't close them down, i guarantee we're going to have far more openings doing that.

How does giving them more time on the ball when they have possession mean that we get more space against them when we have possession and they are organized? You guarantee that we get more openings doing that, I don't see the logical connection between the two.

I think it's naive to think that they will all of a sudden press high up the pitch and leave 2-3 men up front when we attack just because we allow them to roll the ball around in their half.

The point in pressing high up is winning the ball back, having the ball is generally considered to be better than not having the ball.

I agree that possession for the sake of possession isn't a good thing. But we created a lot more than nothing, for large periods of the second half they barely maned to keep the ball past the half way line and they created nothing.

What are your expectations? That we just go out and beat a well organized good team that sets up to defend and counter attack against us?

What teams do you think employs the tactic you're talking about of allowing the opponents time on the ball to get more space when they attack themselves? Any top teams around doing that?

It is an interesting discussion. I also think we may have some problems against long ball teams that bypass the midfield. It is not that 4-2-3-1 can't work. as we saw last night we created a few chances, and were unlucky not to win. However, I think we are still a couple of players away from making 4-2-3-1 work at its best. A midfield player who keeps play ticking over and can spot the early pass, and perhaps more importantly a forward that can doiminate the opposing CBs, and do some thing Defoe doesn't do that well. Defoe does the best that he can, but I just don't think his attributes best suit the lone striker role.

I'm pretty sure that we will be trying to buy both those types of player. in the meantime, though, I think we might see a lot of side to side passing and possession without end product. And also we will concede goals to long ball style play, and break aways because of all the space behind our defence when we press. Barcelona may press, but they are so good at keeping the ball. We still give the ball away cheaply - and that is dangerous when eight players are high up the pitch.

Thought Caulker/Verts partnership looked promising.

I can't believe the ref disallowed Caulker's goal, especially when you consider Mauri's shove on Sandro before his header. The ref was looking straight at it unobstructed too, unbelievable that he then gives a free against Caulker for a lesser offence.

(Click for gif)

So Lazio will get fined a maximum of £16k for the monkey noises aimed at our black players..

City got fined £30k last season for being 1 min late back on the pitch after HT, that shows how UEFA feel about racist abuse in football

I also heard with the West Ham fans partnering with the Lazio fans, West Ham will be banned from Euro competition for 10 years.

So yeah, just the £16k fine then.

Back