• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Hull City ********

couldnt care if we play 10 men, 11 men or 2 men.. a wins a win.

strange some of the things said on here. why say this and not just say.. if only we could win every week?
Our last two wins have come against 10 men. Its helped us

just saw extended highlights.

definitely a red, bruce would have said so if it wasn't his player but Hull should have taken their chances.
we won't play against 10 men every week, such a lack of quality in this league, teams like Villa and Hull are so brittle on confidence.
Soldado showed the touch of a rapist again, I'm actually starting to cringe when I see him,Eriksen again showed he's the only one of the 7 to have clicked for us.

we are in a completely false league position, but its nice to get late winners and luck for a change

So with Bruce keep going on about it not being a red im expecting him to appeal it, if he doesn't he is a huge h y p o c r i t e

Last edited:
Another little bit of perspective on our last two wins is that Villa and Hull are two of only three teams below us in the table of home results:
Code:
[FONT=courier new]Home Table:        Ph Wh Dh Lh  Fh  Ah  GD  Pt
----------------------------------------------
01 Chelsea          6  6  0  0  15   3  12  18
02 Southampton      6  5  1  0  17   1  16  16
03 Emirates Marketing Project         6  4  1  1  11   5   6  13
04 Man United       6  4  1  1  11   5   6  13
05 Swansea          6  4  1  1  10   4   6  13
06 Saudi Sportswashing Machine        6  3  2  1   8   7   1  11
07 West Ham         6  3  1  2   8   6   2  10
08 Arsenal          6  2  3  1  11   8   3   9
09 QPR              6  2  2  2   9   8   1   8
10 Everton          6  2  2  2  12  12   0   8
11 Liverpool        6  2  2  2   6   7  -1   8
12 Leicester        6  1  4  1  10   9   1   7
13 Sunderland       6  1  4  1   7   7   0   7
14 Crystal Palace   6  2  1  3   8   9  -1   7
15 Stoke            6  2  1  3   6   7  -1   7
16 West Brom        6  1  3  2  10  10   0   6
17 Tottenham        6  2  0  4   7   8  -1   6
18 Hull             6  1  2  3   8  10  -2   5
19 Burnley          6  1  2  3   4   9  -5   5
20 Aston Villa      5  1  1  3   3   8  -5   4[/FONT]

Only Chelsea have taken more points than us away though. Without their wins at WHL, Liverpool, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Stoke and West Brom would be on par with Burnley and Leicester.

Our last two wins have come against 10 men. Its helped us

Definitely. At the same time though other things have gone against us. Like Livermore scoring more or less out of the blue to get the opener yesterday with their first shot on target. That very rarely happens and obviously influenced the flow of the game in the first half.

Only Chelsea have taken more points than us away though. Without their wins at WHL, Liverpool, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Stoke and West Brom would be on par with Burnley and Leicester.

Yeah, important bit of context in that context is that it's only over 6 games. A small sample size by just about anyone's standards.

Overall great to get the win, very important. Far from a great performance from us, although there were positives.

Thought we defended reasonably well. A couple of chances in the first half stemming from a poor punch from Lloris and one more incident. Other than that we looked in control defensively.

Dembele was poor, Paulinho was shocking. If Capoue remains out I can't understand it if Stambouli doesn't start the next one.

Was a really good period of play for us after Lennon came on and Eriksen dropped deep alongside Mason. No doubt playing against 10 men helped, but the two proper passers in deep midfield really helped our tempo and we were creating chances very frequently. Unlike some I don't quite think Eriksen is ready for that deeper role permanently at this time though.

Hopefully this will give us some confidence going into the Everton game.

I hate when people say we are papering over the cracks. Everyone can see the cracks. They are chasms. No ones papering over anything, we are however working through our problems and whilst we can pick up wins all the better.

Also winning breeds a change in mentality. There is a greater belief in the manager and the players stay positive.

I hate when people say we are papering over the cracks. Everyone can see the cracks. They are chasms. No ones papering over anything, we are however working through our problems and whilst we can pick up wins all the better.

Also winning breeds a change in mentality. There is a greater belief in the manager and the players stay positive.

Agreed.

I bet ayoze was papering over the cracks when Saudi Sportswashing Machine finally won a game and beat us.. What is it? 5 wins on the bounce now and up the 4th place?

I wish we would paper over the cracks more of it means winning games we dominate.

Home_vs_Away_Points_12.jpg

Percentage of points taken at home vs away.

And the fact that we have hung in when being 0-1 down to take the points (however they have come with sendings off and deflections) shows there is some spirit. I am sure there are a few of us on here who can remember Spurs sides that have folded sooo easily when behind.

The future's bright, the future's Lillywhite (with a little bit of yellow and a red sponsor logo).

Another little bit of perspective on our last two wins is that Villa and Hull are two of only three teams below us in the table of home results:
Code:
[FONT=courier new]Home Table:        Ph Wh Dh Lh  Fh  Ah  GD  Pt
01 Chelsea          6  6  0  0  15   3  12  18
02 Southampton      6  5  1  0  17   1  16  16
03 Emirates Marketing Project         6  4  1  1  11   5   6  13
04 Man United       6  4  1  1  11   5   6  13
05 Swansea          6  4  1  1  10   4   6  13
06 Saudi Sportswashing Machine        6  3  2  1   8   7   1  11
07 West Ham         6  3  1  2   8   6   2  10
08 Arsenal          6  2  3  1  11   8   3   9
09 QPR              6  2  2  2   9   8   1   8
10 Everton          6  2  2  2  12  12   0   8
11 Liverpool        6  2  2  2   6   7  -1   8
12 Leicester        6  1  4  1  10   9   1   7
13 Sunderland       6  1  4  1   7   7   0   7
14 Crystal Palace   6  2  1  3   8   9  -1   7
15 Stoke            6  2  1  3   6   7  -1   7
16 West Brom        6  1  3  2  10  10   0   6
17 Tottenham        6  2  0  4   7   8  -1   6
18 Hull             6  1  2  3   8  10  -2   5
19 Burnley          6  1  2  3   4   9  -5   5
20 Aston Villa      5  1  1  3   3   8  -5   4[/FONT]

Well that's utterly meaningless. What about the other games we've won away then?

Pochettino said: "I think the red card did not have a big impact. In the second half our attacking game was better than Hull's. I'm sure in the end it would have been the same result.

"Hull played very well in the first half but we tried to change something at half-time and I'm happy because after we showed character and good mentality.

"In the second half we created a lot of chances. The team showed a better mentality and attitude.

"I think the most important thing today is three points. It gives us confidence and I'm sure in the next few weeks we need to improve but the most important thing today is the three points."

You could see some improvement in our passing and attacking play. Mason helps, but you can see Poch is getting the team to pass and move more. Still too many wayward passes but we're improving. We just need to keep solid at the back. That's where we need to improve. We didn't defend well for 20 min spell. The shape, the individuals...we make it too easy for teams to get at us. Livermore should have closed down and we should not be letting teams cut through us like that. But then if we're playing Eriksen and Lamela on the wings, asking them to get forward and attack, you can't expect them to be solid defensively - or can you? Neither has looked convincing tucked in defending.

The second half was enjoyable to watch. Great to see us put passes together and turn the screw. Clearly the back 4 and strikers need confidence. Of that back 4, only Verts is experienced with us. Up front we had a kid (with confidence) and a striker rusty and out of form. Poch has to get them galvanised and firing if we're to do anything this season.

I don't care how much we lose on players we need a clearout.

Not sure that is practical or prudent, either for us or most other teams. That's not usually how it works, and Poch will know that. A manager with his resume will know he needs to make this work with many in the squad.

Despite the prices we paid how many of our players are actively damaging the team and spirit? Possibly only Benny.

More important is bringing people in. Plenty of games to go round if we bring in the other striker we need. Ade and Soldado know the score too.

Back