• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Hull City ********

BLINDING EFFORT!

Dozy! How did I forget, although to be fair, etc, etc...is that Dumistrescu in there still stealing a living? AND LOOK AT CUNDY THE KNOBBER!!!!!! Good grief! I might have to have a quick tug in sheer gratitude that it isn't this bad! Our kits were made by Pony, never truer hahahahahahahaha...I had that shirt 8-[

:ross:

Loving this thread! Guaranteed win IMO! Good work Jurgen!

Still, we have only lost fewer PL games than we did that season twice. 8 in 10/11 and 12/13 compared to 9 in 95/96. And it is the PL season we conceded the fewest goals. We drew too many games, though.

Ah the glory days of the mid 1990s... bring back the Sugar daddy!!

Btn2YZhCIAACKKb.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/thfcnostalgia/status/493696538418610176

Give due respect to that team of 1995/96 ! Firstly, I loved that HP shirt which was very famous around the world that time. Then, we had just sold Klinsmann, Popescu and Barmby. Any manager will struggle after losing those players of that quality. But, Francis managed to get us perform solidly for the first 20 matches or so. We even thrashed ManU 4-1 during that time. Our result got bad after that but we still finished in 8th place, just 2 points behind the 4th placed team. Armstrong-Sheringham partnership in attack were so clinical that they scored 31 league goals between them. Really enjoyed that season.

Last edited:
That awful Sugar. Selling off all our best players and replacing them with bargain bin buys.

Chris Armstrong would've ben amazing with two feet and a better attitude. I think he was supremely gifted but not prepared to work as hard as necessary to be a top top striker. I will say that in the 2-1 over the filth at home that season he had a blinder alongside Tedward....

Chris Armstrong would've ben amazing with two feet and a better attitude. I think he was supremely gifted but not prepared to work as hard as necessary to be a top top striker. I will say that in the 2-1 over the filth at home that season he had a blinder alongside Tedward....

Armstrong did have a reputation for being a rather chilled out character... and didn't help that he was constantly compared with that Carlos Kickabout at the Library...

You can keep Berbatov and Klinsmann....Teddy at his best was the best forward I have seen for Spurs (I was born in 1984, first game at WHL was 1994). Loved him.

Teddy was certainly right up there amongst the best forwards I've seen at Spurs. I can just about remember Lineker poaching them for us in the First Division but Sheringham' tally of 21 league goals in his first season at Spurs is a figure that only Klinsmann and Bale have matched since and Teddy remains the only Golden Boot winner we've had in the Premier League era =D>

[video=youtube;udIJC6K_d78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udIJC6K_d78[/video]

Last edited:

I remember being at WHL lower East stand in one of Armstrong's last games. He had just returned from injury, it was a midweek game and the biggest cheer he got was when he absolutely clattered into the opposition goalkeeper early on and didn't get sent off. For some reason I think it was against Villa (maybe Bosnich in goal?? not sure but whoever it was there was a lot of antipathy towards the goalkeeper from the kick off so he must have been one of the horrible ****ers)

.........................Lloris.........................
Kaboul.......Dier............Vert.........Davies
.............Stambouli......Mason...............
Chadli................Soldado..............Rose
.....................Kane...........................

\o/

Hull play 3 at the back with wing backs who fly up the pitch. The young left wing back from Scotland looks decent.

I would say putting their 3 centre backs under pressure with clever movement and quick passing is the key, we won't beat them with height and power up there.

Play

Lloris
Naughton Dier Verts Rose
Stambouli Mason
Lamela Kane Erikson
Soldado

Armstrong did have a reputation for being a rather chilled out character... and didn't help that he was constantly compared with that Carlos Kickabout at the Library...

Teddy was certainly right up there amongst the best forwards I've seen at Spurs. I can just about remember Lineker poaching them for us in the First Division but Sheringham' tally of 21 league goals in his first season at Spurs is a figure that only Klinsmann and Bale have matched since and Teddy remains the only Golden Boot winner we've had in the Premier League era =D>

[video=youtube;udIJC6K_d78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udIJC6K_d78[/video]

You can praise Sheringham all you want. But for me, he is the no.1 judas for us. It was a great setback to us when he forced us to sell him to ManU. Have never forgive him for that.

Anyone else worried that Hull will score three (Hudd, Livermore and Daws)?

I'm not worried. I'm just waiting for it to happen. At least Huddlestone is destined to score a screamer with a smooth, smooth shot, after almost consistently missing the target for us for all these years.

Plus I'm sure Dawson will play better than whoever we put in central defence.

.........................Lloris.........................
Kaboul.......Dier............Vert.........Davies
.............Stambouli......Mason...............
Chadli................Soldado..............Rose
.....................Kane...........................

\o/
Interesting team. Should give it a go. Maybe, Rose can put in some crosses for Kane

You can praise Sheringham all you want. But for me, he is the no.1 judas for us. It was a great setback to us when he forced us to sell him to ManU. Have never forgive him for that.

I think someone else edges him for No.1.
Anyway, I don't begrudge his sabbatical to win 3 PLs, 1 FA Cup and a CL.

I know he's back training but anyone know if walker has any chance of at least making the bench? Not sure if weplayed any behind close doors freindlies during the international break.

I know he's back training but anyone know if walker has any chance of at least making the bench? Not sure if weplayed any behind close doors freindlies during the international break.

SOUTHEND United warmed up for this weekend’s trip to Tranmere Rovers by smashing Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 in a behind closed doors friendly yesterday.

Jack Bridge, Ryan Leonard and David Worrall were all on target for the Shrimpers at Hotspur Way.

And Blues boss Phil Brown was delighted by the display ahead of his side’s clash at Prenton Park on Saturday.

“We took quite a strong team down to Tottenham and it was certainly an excellent way for us to prepare for the game against Tranmere,” said Brown.

“Tottenham had one or two well known players in their team and also had Bongani Khumalo who had on loan when I was at Preston so it was a good win.

“I think taking the squad for games like this at facilities at like Tottenham’s training ground is a good thing and beats training at times too.

“The pitches are the best at Boots & Laces so it gives them a break and there were some really good performances which has given me a few different ideas for Saturday’s game.”

The Shrimpers could have also won by more had Bridge not seen a penalty saved by Tottenham goalkeeper Harry Voss after Connor Ogilvie had been adjudged to have tripped Jerome Binnom-Williams inside the area.

Striker Jason Williams also hit the post late on while Blues were also able to keep a clean sheet at the other end of the field.

And Brown will now be facing a selection headache at the back for this weekend’s clash at Tranmere as both Jakub Sokolik and Binnom-Williams are available again after serving one-match suspensions.

“I definitely have a real selection dilemma in defence this weekend,” said Brown.

“Cian Bolger came in against Hartlepool and did well. I actually think Cian has been different class in about 80 per cent of the games he’s played but he’s had a couple of lapses.

“The one at Luton happened when he was concussed so I will certainly be thinking long and hard about who to pick at the back against Tranmere.

“And it’s good to have such strong competition for places.”

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/11612625._/

Hull play 3 big centre backs, so I wonder if Poch will adapt?

Usually we play very narrow and just plough into the centre backs, wave after wave of attack just ploughing into the centre and treading on each other's toes.

How are we going to get through them this time??? Time for Poch to show his class and show us he is a real thinker.

Back