• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Fulham **** Saturday 19th April 2014 12:45

Not even team. He says he's not even good enough to be in the squad:lol:

He was poor in the games he played after coming back from injury, but that's too be expected tbh.

But he should be on the team sheet every week in my view.

With any sort of competent manager we would have cruised to 4th this season. It was realy there for the taking.

- 11 goals in 3 games - not good enough.

- 63% possession today...oh but we need a DM as a platform!

- We lose...everything is Sherwood fault. We win...we got lucky and were useless.

- Sherwood slaughtered for taking off Kane and not playing Bentaleb, despite the fact he was the one who introduced both of them to regular 1st team football. How many moaners about Bentaleb didn't even know his name a few months ago? How many had written Kane off entirely?

- Sherwood being criticised for not taking off Ade instead, despite the fact he's our top scorer and many people's player of the season. And Ade has decent form playing with Soldado, while Kane's had none.

- Eriksen being praised to the rafters again, rightly so, without anyone noting the fact his best football of the season has come since Sherwood spotted that left was his best spot in this team and played him there.

- Suddenly, all of Spurs problems revolve around Sandro not being involved, despite the fact he's been really poor in CM all season and plagued by injury.

- Sherwood being slaughtered for picking an unchanged team 3 games in a row (ex Vlad) when stability is exactly what we need just now

- 3 homes wins in a row for first time in ages...meh

Some of you have totally, totally lost the plot.

- We lose...everything is Sherwood fault. We win...we got lucky and were useless.

- Sherwood slaughtered for taking off Kane and not playing Bentaleb, despite the fact he was the one who introduced both of them to regular 1st team football. How many moaners about Bentaleb didn't even know his name a few months ago? How many had written Kane off entirely?

- Sherwood being criticised for not taking off Ade instead, despite the fact he's our top scorer and many people's player of the season. And Ade has decent form playing with Soldado, while Kane's had none.

- Eriksen being praised to the rafters again, rightly so, without anyone noting the fact his best football of the season has come since Sherwood spotted that left was his best spot in this team and played him there.

- Suddenly, all of Spurs problems revolve around Sandro not being involved, despite the fact he's been really poor in CM all season and plagued by injury.

- Sherwood being slaughtered for picking an unchanged team 3 games in a row (ex Vlad) when stability is exactly what we need just now

I=D> I salute you sir. Wonder if those slamming Ade and defending AVB will give Sherwood the same benefit when it comes to Sandro....:-"

Very fair post. He annoys me but he's definitely done a decent amount of things right.

Sunderland, West Brom and Fulham. Remind me how they're seasons are currently going?

Should he be lauded for beating these sides? And scoring a few goals? How about conceding 5 against them?

Eriksen could arguably have been just as successful before but had spells injured. Also what about any settling in period?

Its all very hypothetical aswell to suggest we wouldn't have won that by an even greater margin had Sandro played. If we're choosing to keep Ade on based on previous good form then why don't we say the same for Sandro who has probably been the best CM at the club out of all of our cm's in their time at Spurs. He was Spurs player of the season last season up until he was injured. Why should he not therefore get the same faith that Ade gets.

Some of our final third passing was good. Nice to see.

But its same old same old. Too many times we're slopping playing the ball around defensive areas and the defensive looks crap. Unprotected and individually poor as well. It wasn't a problem against Foolham, but would have been against better teams.

When we were two goals to the good, we were not focused enough, we don't seem to concentrate and could have let them back in. Sherwood needs to impress how vital it is to stay focused and keep possession.

Some promising signs, but the same old defensive problems and a lack of concentration. We play well when we're desperate, but when we take our foot off the pedal, we looked vulnerable. We need to consistently run the game, there are too many lapses currently. But it takes time to refine a side.

Don't think anyone is complaining about the goals, more the unstructured manner of play

Against teams like this we can get away without a midfielder sitting, but it was obvious to most that there was/is a lot of space in front of the defence which a decent player will expose. This has been symptomatic of our team since Sherwood's first game in charge at Southampton when Lallana got in this space time and time again. Next you have to consider the way in which we attack. Rose and Naughton play in very advanced positions to allow Eriksen and Lennon to create infield. Both Chadli and Paulinho gravitated towards the attack and at times Fulham were a pass away from going 2v2 against Kaboul and Fryers. When defending neither Chadli nor Paulinho track back adequately and it is this lack of defensive instinct that will cost us against decent teams.

When the team are setup in such an attacking manner it is a risk for the manager. Personally I think we could be a little more balanced but against Sunderland and Fulham we have two teams who won't attack us and are content to operate on the counter. We will look sluggish with a team who are happy to plant 9 men behind, AVB's team looked even more clueless in these games because he was more defensive.

I've not written Kane off myself and think it's stupid to do so right now. Bentaleb I was aware of.

Ade was very poor today and Kane would've been fine staying on instead

I bet if we saw a heat map for the lad today we would see he has been pretty much playing centrally anyway. Rose covers the left flank as it were and whilst Eriksen has delivered from out there he is still playing more like a #10 behind two strikers. He has basically been given a free (ish) role.

I agree, I think Sandro has been poor for the best part of the season. Our midfield as a whole has been disfunctional through out

- Sherwood being slaughtered for picking an unchanged team 3 games in a row (ex Vlad) when stability is exactly what we need just now.
As I said earlier, most fans want to see a bit of balance to our team and at the moment Sherwood is just going gung ho with his selection.

As a club, we have fallen short of our goals for the season. Lets face it, the players and fans believed that we could achieve much more this year and yet here we are in 6th position with three games to play. The season is effectively over so there is complete apathy towards our results.

[PS: Sherwood has damaged his reputation with most on this board for his constant self promotion and other press releases. That is why people are so quick to get on his back, we all know it. Looking at our football objectively though, we are still lacking in certain areas.

Very fair post. He annoys me but he's definitely done a decent amount of things right.

I'm normally irritated by Sherwood but he's done some decent things.

Involved Betaleb and Kane into the first team more. I like seeing academy lads getting game time so deserves credit for believing in the them and giving them opportunities.

More goals. Ultimately that's what we all watch football to see and under AVB we were pretty tedious to watch. The flip side is that we've been appalling defensively but we feel a little more like the Spurs of old.

Other than that it's difficult to think of much else though

Back