• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Fiorentina 2nd leg ***

Having a look through the official site, the squad are looking buoyant in the training pics they've posted .. I have a good feeling about this match, I think we could get a good morale boost heading into Sunday.. I had a premonition that both Soldado and Lamela will both get on the scoresheet. Fingers crossed.

Really looking forward to it already!

Bobby to score Thursday AND Sunday in a Bob-tastic bounce-back!

"All will instead be rested in time for their starts in Sunday's final at Wembley..."

I sure as brick hope not! ;) There's a reason the squad look so happy at the moment and it's because those three miscreants are nowhere near them.... and no I'm not referring to Brad, DeAndre and Cristian.

I reckon Bobby will leave in the summer but just have a feeling he's going to score 1 or 2 really important goals before he does. Winner in the cup final as sub, or the goal that seals us top four, something like that.

With a CL place at stake for the winners, winning the EL should have been one of our main priority this season. But we go into this match in a more relaxed mood. Instead we go into this match under a lot of pressure after failing to win the 1st leg and conceding a goal as well. Even worse, we have got the League Cup final against Chelsea on Sunday to worry about. This is going to be a very difficult match for us. We are going to need a miracle and magic from somewhere to help us overcome Fiorentina and progress to the next stage.

Will be disappointed if Pochettino doesn't play our best players in this match. It will be difficult to concentrate on this match due to the League Cup final. But we cannot just throw away the EL just because of the League Cup final. We simply have to score atleast 1 goal to progress. So hope Kane and Eriksen will be at their best to help us. I feel Lamela should start as well as he has experience playing against Italian teams.

We need to win the midfield battle to have any chance of progressing. We simply need a defensive midfelder like Stambouli to help us stop them control the midfield. I think we need to partner Stambouli and Dembele in centre midfield. Surely, Chadli too should start as we will need his goal scoring instincts. I am still not fully convinced of Mason and Bentaleb but maybe they can come on later in the match if we needed.

Don't feel very confident about our defence in this match. Just can't see us stopping Fiorentina from scoring in this match. Just hope our defence will minimise their mistakes so that we can outscore them. Want Lloris to start this match and the League Cup final. There is no reason why we should not start him in both the match. He is afterall our no.1 goalie. Want Vertonghen and Fazio to start in centre defence as well.

It is going to be a very difficult match. But hope we can forget the League Cup final for now and put up a good performance in this match. Importantly, hope we will overcome Fiorentina and progress to the next stage.

Any official team news yet ?

Feel very nervous already. Hope we can turn up with the right mentality and progress to the next stage.

I sure as crud hope not! ;) There's a reason the squad look so happy at the moment and it's because those three miscreants are nowhere near them.... and no I'm not referring to Brad, DeAndre and Cristian.

Indeed. I was of course mischief making.

The players are already out there. Playing 60-70 minutes tomorrow is hardly going to make much of a difference.
Totally disagree. It could make all the difference. Worst of all worlds - play strongest side against Fio and don't progress - maybe even after 120 mins and penalties - and then play the same knackered and dispirited side against England's best team three days later. A recipe for disaster imo.

I value the League Cup more highly than I do the wafer cup but it's close. I couldn't care less what fans of FC Pigfarmer in Estonia know about our league cup, most people I speak to about football support an English team and know plenty about it.

Our chances of winning the wafer cup are (according to the experts) around 20/1 - a pretty small chance. Our chances of winning the League Cup are 12/5 - very good. Our odds of finishing in the top 4 are 6/1 - not that bad.

So if we want silverware, we have a massively better chance of we go for the League Cup. If we want CL qualification, we're far more likely to get it via the league.

From every angle, the ITV4 Cup is the worst option.

Agreed. The point is we are one game from silverware in the League cup but eight games away from winning the Europa cup.

I'd probably go strongest team (in the hope that we are 2 or 3 up by half time) then bring off the key players (Kane, Eriksen etc) at half time or no later than 60 mins no matter what the score is.

A trophy is a trophy.

I'd probably go strongest team (in the hope that we are 2 or 3 up by half time) then bring off the key players (Kane, Eriksen etc) at half time or no later than 60 mins no matter what the score is.

A trophy is a trophy.

That still leaves 6 of our strongest outfield players playing at least 90 minutes, 120 if it goes into extra time. And if you're making planned changes after 60 minutes you're severely limiting the tactical options available to Poch in this game. And if you're going to take off 2-3 key players after 60 minutes you also limit how we can react to injuries. And several of those players in the strongest team also played on Sunday, so it's not just Thursday-Sunday, it's Sunday-Thursday-Sunday for them.

To me sensible rotation makes the most sense. Make sure very few players have to play Sunday-Thursday-Sunday. Leave a couple of first team players on the bench so they can replace other players that will play on Sunday if it makes sense. Have some impact players on the bench that can really make a difference rather than expecting to get weaker and weaker as the game progresses.

That still leaves 6 of our strongest outfield players playing at least 90 minutes, 120 if it goes into extra time. And if you're making planned changes after 60 minutes you're severely limiting the tactical options available to Poch in this game. And if you're going to take off 2-3 key players after 60 minutes you also limit how we can react to injuries. And several of those players in the strongest team also played on Sunday, so it's not just Thursday-Sunday, it's Sunday-Thursday-Sunday for them.

To me sensible rotation makes the most sense. Make sure very few players have to play Sunday-Thursday-Sunday. Leave a couple of first team players on the bench so they can replace other players that will play on Sunday if it makes sense. Have some impact players on the bench that can really make a difference rather than expecting to get weaker and weaker as the game progresses.

That was the mistake IMO. We should have played a complete second string against West Ham, and our strongest possible side in these two 'cup finals'

All fair points. Didn't really think before I posted there, and now having thought about it, I'd probably go your way.

That was the mistake IMO. We should have played a complete second string against West Ham, and our strongest possible side in these two 'cup finals'

But that's based on how you value the EL and PL and our chances in both those, no?

If you try to look at it from a different point of view, one where we still value the league very highly and think our chances of finishing in the top 4 are still decent, do you still think it was a mistake?

All fair points. Didn't really think before I posted there, and now having thought about it, I'd probably go your way.

Cool.

Just to throw in one other point which people dont seem to be considering in the debate of resting players this evening: even once we get through the cup final, we then have two important PL games in teh next 6 days which, whilst they look easier on paper, still need to be won

Just to throw in one other point which people dont seem to be considering in the debate of resting players this evening: even once we get through the cup final, we then have two important PL games in teh next 6 days which, whilst they look easier on paper, still need to be won

Absolutely. And Poch showed with his line-up against West Ham that the league is still very much important for us. As it should be (imo).

Been saying it repeatedly, but if we get past Fiorentina we'll have 10 games in 30/31 months starting with the first Fiorentina game. We can't just keep playing the same 11.

It's not just about fatigue though - we have to avoid injury too.

As an example, Lloris could play both games imo but what if he gets injured tonight?

My suspicion is:

------------------------Vorm/Lloris--------------------------
Vlad-----------Dier--------------Verts----------------Davies
-----------------Stambo------Bentaleb----------------------
-----Andros-----------Eriksen------------Nacer------------
-----------------------Soldado-------------------------------

Perhaps Pauli in for Eriksen?

Lamela has experience of Serie A, perhaps he may start.

We're a bit thin on the ground without the supposed outcasts.

Who else has travelled (particularly the younger players)? Couldn't find the info online.

Back