• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton ***

Given that there are 5 clubs with more money to spend than us I'd say we're doing as expected in the league table. A LOT can still happen in the second half of the season.
Well said, our natural position is about 5th/6th which is where we are.

I'm too drunk now, but tomorrow I'm going to go through this thread and put all the people who are caning us for losing by one goal at Everton on ignore - should cut down on a lot of unnecessary debate for me

why are spurs fans such a moany lot - i really don't understand

it was the same down the pub - do a lot of spurs fans get confused an think we're Barcelona - and I tell you what I doubt Everton would roll over for the tikka taka boys at Goodison, and they certainly don't tend to for any Prem team.

That's a good post fella. Lot of truth there.

I'm too drunk now, but tomorrow I'm going to go through this thread and put all the people who are caning us for losing by one goal at Everton on ignore - should cut down on a lot of unnecessary debate for me

why are spurs fans such a moany lot - i really don't understand

it was the same down the pub - do a lot of spurs fans get confused an think we're Barcelona - and I tell you what I doubt Everton would roll over for the tikka taka boys at Goodison, and they certainly don't tend to for any Prem team.

Losgng to Everton at home or away is nothing to be ashamed of, but it's the way we lost and continue to throw points away that frustrates people.

Losgng to Everton at home or away is nothing to be ashamed of, but it's the way we lost and continue to throw points away that frustrates people.

Yes, but that doesn't mean we were horrible today. We did well for an away team at Goodison Park and should have had at least one point, could have been three.

Yes, but that doesn't mean we were horrible today. We did well for an away team at Goodison Park and should have had at least one point, could have been three.

I didn't say we were horrible. I also would have been more than happy with a point, even at 1-0 with only a few minutes left.

AVB cost us the game with his inane substitutions, the players were good all of them, he tried to be too clever the taco, we lost balance and gave them the initiative, a draw would have been a fair result, taking Lennon off when they were attacking down that side all the time was just plain stupid.

WTF?

It was 0-0 when Lennon went off but people are acting as though we took him off at 0-1 and that's the reason we lost.

we turned the corner by wining four games in a row

Actually no. Only a blinkered delusional fan would say we played well and deserved to win them games. The truth is we have been dire for most of the season, albeit, sometimes picking up points. Conceding late goals and having no backbone is the icing on the cake. We did today what we have done loads of times this season - we conceding goals in the final 15 minutes. Nothing changed, no corners turned.

Actually no. Only a blinkered delusional fan would say we played well and deserved to win them games. The truth is we have been dire for most of the season, albeit, sometimes picking up points. Conceding late goals and having no backbone is the icing on the cake. We did today what we have done loads of times this season - we conceding goals in the final 15 minutes. Nothing changed, no corners turned.

Let's not rewrite very recent history. We fully deserved to beat West Ham and Panathinikos, and Fulham was an excellent away performance. Liverpool we had to dig in but with Gallas and Dawson at centre back our hands were forced.

People expect us to go to away grounds and play teams off the park for 90 minutes. It doesn't work like that. You have to go to frustrate, and hit them at the right time. Then it opens up. We executed the plan perfectly at Fulham and were doing it today. After our goal we were excellent, then a young defender makes a fudge up and the whole atmosphere changes. We are joint 4th with injuries to key players and having lost 3 more to other clubs or injuries. And this league is not easy. People seriously need perspective.

It was 0-0 when Lennon went off but people are acting as though we took him off at 0-1 and that's the reason we lost.

Considering how much complaining there was over his lack of attacking play and him looking tired I find it a strange excuse anyway.

Newsflash...........this is an internet discussion forum where people 'discuss' their views on the game. If you only want to hear opinions that agree with your own, theres realy no point you being here. Putting people on ignore because they say things you dont want to hear is a bit childish.

Let's not rewrite very recent history. We fully deserved to beat West Ham and Panathinikos, and Fulham was an excellent away performance. Liverpool we had to dig in but with Gallas and Dawson at centre back our hands were forced.

People expect us to go to away grounds and play teams off the park for 90 minutes. It doesn't work like that. You have to go to frustrate, and hit them at the right time. Then it opens up. We executed the plan perfectly at Fulham and were doing it today. After our goal we were excellent, then a young defender makes a fudge up and the whole atmosphere changes. We are joint 4th with injuries to key players and having lost 3 more to other clubs or injuries. And this league is not easy. People seriously need perspective.

Agree he's had it tough in the sense that we've sold key players or they've retired, but EVERY CLUB has injuries. United have been without Vidic, Arsenal have been without Gibbs and Szezcney, Chelsea have lost John Terry to injury.

Agree he's had it tough in the sense that we've sold key players or they've retired, but EVERY CLUB has injuries. United have been without Vidic, Arsenal have been without Gibbs and Szezcney, Chelsea have lost John Terry to injury.

Exactly. People look for excuses, even though injuries and new players in / old players out happens to every other team every single year. We are not in transition, we are (were) a top 4 team. Excuses just blinker the problems we have.

People keep bringing up other teams into the discussion as if to prove we are doing badly under AVB and I'm failing to see where the comparison is. We had Liverpool mentioned positively in the AVB thread because they beat a poor West Ham side (which we did too) and they are currently below us in the league despite winning today. You've mentioned Arsenal who are also below us and i don't think they have looked any better than us this season, Chelsea who have money to burn as they did in the summer and they are only 3 points ahead of us despite quite a few on here saying they should be challenging for the title this year and Man Utd who were challenging for the league last year and are doing so this year.

I'm at a loss here?

Feeling really bitter right now so fudge you Everton, your brick and we should be destroying you. Gutted at the way we collapsed. We really do lack leadership, that pienaar goal was an awful goal to concede. We could have dealt with that so much better.

AVB's blue and white army.

Let's dingdong them and the scum back at the Lane

People keep bringing up other teams into the discussion as if to prove we are doing badly under AVB and I'm failing to see where the comparison is. We had Liverpool mentioned positively in the AVB thread because they beat a poor West Ham side (which we did too) and they are currently below us in the league despite winning today. You've mentioned Arsenal who are also below us and i don't think they have looked any better than us this season, Chelsea who have money to burn as they did in the summer and they are only 3 points ahead of us despite quite a few on here saying they should be challenging for the title this year and Man Utd who were challenging for the league last year and are doing so this year.

I'm at a loss here?

I was merely commenting on the injury situation. I'm not concerned that we didn't play too well against Liverpool, we won, that's all that matters. The late goals is the biggest thing that concerns me.

I realise we have a history of conceeding late goals, so it's not entirely AVB's fault, but it's still something that needs addressing.

I'm still in the jury is out camp. I'll judge him at the end of the season. But as I keep saying, Levy MUST back him in January, because he didn't do it sufficiently enough in the last window.

I was merely commenting on the injury situation. I'm not concerned that we didn't play too well against Liverpool, we won, that's all that matters. The late goals is the biggest thing that concerns me.

I realise we have a history of conceeding late goals, so it's not entirely AVB's fault, but it's still something that needs addressing.

I'm still in the jury is out camp. I'll judge him at the end of the season. But as I keep saying, Levy MUST back him in January, because he didn't do it sufficiently enough in the last window.

Does anyone really know enough about the finances of the club to be able to say we should just spend, spend, spend?

Back