• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs CSKA Moscow***

Oh it will be played here -
i
It won't be played here, because it is Khimki stadium where CSKA used to play their european games before. But they've built a new stadium and so the game will be played there:

I heard about 300 English fans are travelling.
Also Spurs decided not to give about 50 additional tickets to Russian fan club, remembering euro-16 and fearing possibility of provocations (f.e. CSKA fans entering English fan sector with these tickets). So only several Russian Spurs fans will be there (who have some sort of e-membership and proved their identity).
Predicting it, several days ago I wrote a letter in which I asked two tickets for purchase and proved that I'm not a CSKA fan in disguice, but as expected, ticket office ignored it.
This is really sad news for me. I won't be able to join Spurs crowd on the stadium and I still don't have tickets to the game :/ Will be trying to get them tomorrow. However, I don't know how I'll be supporting our team on neutral/CSKA fan sector.

CSKA has drawn 1-1 against Krasnodar on Saturday and are currently 2nd in RPL.
Their most dangerous player is attacking midfielder Roman Eremenko. Also forward Traore has hit some form recently. Fernandes is one of the best Russian fullbacks. Vernblum is very tough Swedish defensive midfielder.
Igor Akinfeev conceded in each of his previous 38 CL games. Spurs are better to rewrite this unbeatable Guiness record or we'll become a laughing stock among other Russian teams supporters.
Alan Dzagoev is likely to miss the game.

Last edited:
hopefully....

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Dier Dembele
Lamela Alli Eriksen
Janssen

Son to start v City and come on if needed.

I do not understand your reasoning for not starting Son. He is fit and in amazing form so it makes no rational sense to drop him. I do not see Pep resting Aguero or Sterling in the CL because they have us in the weekend.

hopefully....

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Dier Dembele
Lamela Alli Eriksen
Janssen

Son to start v City and come on if needed.

Considering his hot form would it not make more sense to start him and take him of when the game has been "sorted" instead of bringing him on when we are in need of a goal? Like I said, Auero will start league and CL matches when fit

Two huge games, this and City. Given who started v Boro, I'm guessing the team will be something like this:

--------------lloris
walker----toby----vert----rose
--------dier-----dembele
----lamela----eriksen----son
-----------janssen

Son is on fire, I think he will play both games. Alli to start v City.

I like that team and your reasoning. Eriksen played against Gillingham and M'boro, if we could find a way to rest/rotate him it would only be Son (on fire) and Janssen (not started that many games this season) playing all 3 in a row coming in to the City game. But at the same time with our poor start we kind of have to go for it and Eriksen growing in form could be key for us in Russia.

Might see Rose being saved for the City game too I suppose. Games coming quick and fast, an injury set back would be hard to take and Davies has done fine.

Will be interesting to see what Pochettino goes for. At least 5-6 positions that are difficult to predict I think.

I think this is likely to a pretty bruising encounter. I wouldn't play anyone not 100% fit. I would go for our big beasts wherever possible here. The midfield designed that they shall not pass.

Lloris

Walker
Wimmer
Verts
Davies

Sissoko
Wanyama
Dembele

Lamela
VJ
Son

The guile of Eriksen and Alli and the pace of gorgeous George to come on later in the game once the 'battle' has been won and more space is likely to appear .

I think this is likely to a pretty bruising encounter. I wouldn't play anyone not 100% fit. I would go for our big beasts wherever possible here. The midfield designed that they shall not pass.

Lloris

Walker
Wimmer
Verts
Davies

Sissoko
Wanyama
Dembele

Lamela
VJ
Son

The guile of Eriksen and Alli and the pace of gorgeous George to come on later in the game once the 'battle' has been won and more space is likely to appear .
Why are you not playing the best cb in the league ?

094d216072d6.jpg

Got them. Pretty sh*t seats on one of the central sectors. Not really happy about them, but at least I'll see the game.
There was not a single ticket on sectors near the English one. I assume they were sold before open sale.
Pretty long queues in the morning. About 100-120 ppl have been standing just after ticket offices opened. There will be defenitely a sellout and a good football atmosphere, hopefully, without any provocations.

Lloris

Walker
Wimmer
Verts
Davies

Sissoko
Wanyama
Dembele

Lamela
VJ
Son

You say you would not play anyone not 100% fit yet you name Sissoko a player who went off on Saturday with a concussion :confused:

Considering his hot form would it not make more sense to start him and take him of when the game has been "sorted" instead of bringing him on when we are in need of a goal? Like I said, Auero will start league and CL matches when fit

You make a valid point. But I'm thinking we have fantastic options and its not as though Lamela, Eriksen or Alli are playing badly. We can rotate and keep players fresh. Son is bang in form, but I don't think there will be a drop off in performance by fielding what most would consider our strongest XI with the exception of Kane.

I'll be happy to see Son start. I think we have some fantastic options now.

You make a valid point. But I'm thinking we have fantastic options and its not as though Lamela, Eriksen or Alli are playing badly. We can rotate and keep players fresh. Son is bang in form, but I don't think there will be a drop off in performance by fielding what most would consider our strongest XI with the exception of Kane.

I'll be happy to see Son start. I think we have some fantastic options now.

I just feel with Harry out injured and Janssen still finding his way Son seems to be able to contribute goals at the moment. I am sure there will be a time to rotate him out but I feel this is not the time. He will be flying halfway round the world to South Korea to play Qatar on 6th October and then five days later will be playing Iran, in I presume Iran, and then will be flying back to London. When you consider that schedule does it not make more sense to then rest Son in our first match after the international break against WBA?

--------------Lloris
Walker----Alder----Verts----Rose/Davies
--------Dier-----Dembele
---Lamela---Alli----Son
-------------Janssen

I just feel with Harry out injured and Janssen still finding his way Son seems to be able to contribute goals at the moment. I am sure there will be a time to rotate him out but I feel this is not the time. He will be flying halfway round the world to South Korea to play Qatar on 6th October and then five days later will be playing Iran, in I presume Iran, and then will be flying back to London. When you consider that schedule does it not make more sense to then rest Son in our first match after the international break against WBA?
Yep you talk sense.

Who would you play him in place of?

Lloris
Walker Toby Verts Davies
Wanyama Dembele
Lamela Eriksen Son
Janssen
Gotta go strong.

Have the option of Dier, Rose and Alli for City, but it's certainly nice to have choices.

Back