• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Bournemouth

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Truly flabbergasted at the lack of professionalism today. We had a big job to do today. How we got two sent off when the stakes were so high for me is beyond me. Truly head scratching. Absolutely flattened by that today

It’s a temperament/bottle thing today. I think we’ve had one player sent off in the league all season (Jan at The Scum). We then get two sent off in the same game, one which we would have strolled. And you had Dier charging around like an absolute tool. That’s partly down to the manager in my book.

I hear you but I don't think mitigating circumstances really count, we can't say oh but Son is such a nice guy please ref he's just a big kid messing around leave it out.

It's either a red or it's not, I have seen yellows given for similar shoves and Lerna probably didn't need to go down but I doubt it will get overturned. Would VAR overturn that?

Can someone actually clarify the rule? I thought a push below the neck was a yellow. Or rather it had to be neck/face for a red. I’m surprised the ref acted so quick - did he take all circumstances into consideration?

And Son was immediately pushed over after his push....why wasn’t that player sent off?

We had a fair few chances before the reds. Stuck most of them straight at the keeper again like against Man U.

Have to say, and think I said it at the time, taking Toby off was a bit fudging stupid. I know he was on a yellow but Toby has a brain.

Thought it was a waste of a sub at the time and it turned out to be a bit more catastrophic than that.

That doesn't matter anymore, we'd still be in the CL. The scenario involving someone in 4th not being in the CL the next season only comes into play if we somehow get past Ajax (unlikely), beat Barcelona (even more unlikely) and finish outside of top 4 (looking more and more likely by the week...).
Im confused
Wouldn't it create 5 CL places? Which England cannot have.

I thought if Ars/Chel win the EL but finish 5th thru would get the CL spot ahead of the 4th place team.
I'm not having a smart day.

And you had Dier charging around like an absolute tool. That’s partly down to the manager in my book.

Have to agree on that. He does say some odd things to the press in the build-up to big games.

That said, he can’t legislate for the ridiculousness of Foyth. I am certain we would have won that 2nd half with 10 men. Bournemouth were gash and the crowd had gone quiet by the hour.

Have to agree on that. He does say some odd things to the press in the build-up to big games.

That said, he can’t legislate for the ridiculousness of Foyth. I am certain we would have won that 2nd half with 10 men. Bournemouth were gash and the crowd had gone quiet by the hour.

That’s why I’m so fudging mad. This game was a gimme if we played with any sort of intelligence. They are awful, their style suits us and they barely gave a fudge. How much easier would the next week be if we’d won?

Fingers crossed the Dippers fudge up tonight so I can take something out of today.

Im confused
Wouldn't it create 5 CL places? Which England cannot have.

I thought if Ars/Chel win the EL but finish 5th thru would get the CL spot ahead of the 4th place team.
I'm not having a smart day.

Maximum a federation can have now is 5 teams. You cannot have 6.

So if we and Chelsea finish top 4 and Arsenal finish 5th but win the EL, Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool and the 3 London clubs would all qualify for the CL.

Only scenario in which you're bumped from CL while qualifying in 4th is if 6 teams somehow 'qualify'. So in the current scenario, the only way that would still work would be the following:

1 Emirates Marketing Project
2 Liverpool
3 Chelsea
4 Man Utd
5 Arsenal (EL winners)
6 Tottenham (CL winners)

In that instance, Man Utd would be knocked back into the EL and Arsenal and ourselves would both end up in the CL next season.

Otherwise if its

1 Emirates Marketing Project
2 Liverpool
3 Chelsea
4 Tottenham
5 Arsenal (EL winners)
6) Man Utd

for instance, the top 4 and Arsenal would all qualify for the CL.

Truly flabbergasted at the lack of professionalism today. We had a big job to do today. How we got two sent off when the stakes were so high for me is beyond me. Truly head scratching. Absolutely flattened by that today

It’s absolutely a question of bottle for me. We just can’t deal with pressure. We are at our best when people don’t expect much of us. We were keeping pace with the top 2 up until the Burnley game then bang we have a chance to put pressure on them when we play early on a Saturday and we turn in one of our worst performances of the season.

We beat Emirates Marketing Project but no one was expecting us to go through. It’s why I would prefer to play Barca in the final if we beat Ajax as Liverpool will be more of a 50/50 or 60/40. No one will expect us to beat Barca.

If we were playing Huddersfield in a final we would probably lose.

We need a big clear out in the summer and Poch needs to sign some experienced winners.

If we had had ten men we would have been more exposed as we would have sent more men forwards, so we might have lost anyway, nine men forced us to be more defensive and we looked pretty solid like that (with zero threat of course).

Back