• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Borussia Dortmund - 2nd leg

If we are top of the league now, maybe won't mind if we throw away this EL match against Dortmund to concentrate on the league. But since we are only 2nd in the league and 5 points behind Leicester, can't see why we should throw away our chance to win a trophy. Maybe it is going to be very difficult to overturn the 3-0 deficit from the first leg. But don't think it is impossible to overcome it.

Remember we were losing 0-3 to Young Boys in the 2010-11 CL play-off but managed to reduce it to 2-3 in the first leg before winning 4-0 in the return leg at WHL. Maybe Young Boys are not as strong as Dortmund but we still have the home advantage to rely on. For that, badly want Pochettino to play our best available team to try to win this match and progress to the next stage. Will be unacceptable if we play a weak team and go down without any fight against Dortmund.

I think we need to score in the first 15 minutes, to have any chance of coming back from 0-3 down. To do that, we have to start all our key players especially the attacking players. We have to rely on Kane to get us the goals again. He has been in good form recently, scoring 3 goals in 2 matches. Hope he can continue his goal run. Lamela will be another key for us as he can help our attack and defence together. His ability to open up the opposing defence with his inch perfect passes will be crucial to us.

It will be really disappointing if Pochettino decides to rest Eriksen and Dembele as he mentioned. Dembele especially will be key to our midfield. Without him, we will probably play the error-prone Caroll or Mason like in the first leg. This will definitely weaken our midfield against Dortmund. Similarly, Eriksen's ability to score from freekicks would be very usefull to us if he plays. We will also need our defence to stop Dortmund from scoring again if we want to overcome the first leg deficit. We can't afford to give the kind of chances we gave Dortmund in the first leg.

It is going to be very difficult but hope we will give our best to try to overcome Dortmund. Afterall, we have to play for our pride after the way we got humiliated in the first leg. Hope we will get sweet revenge over them and progress to the next stage !

I never give any thoughts to the team, however today i will gamble on

Lloris
Trippier Alderweireld Wimmer Davies
Dier Mason
Son Chadli Lamela
Kane

So opposite the ground just past Park Lane yes?

Yeah. I think it's in the grounds of that 1930s sports centre that's just before the school.

But to caution - I've never been there, I just remember noticing it the other week. It's only moved there since Paxton Road got incorporated into the building site

Any team-update yet ?

We need to make use of our excellent home record in Europe to overcome Dortmund. Afterall, we have already beaten Anderlecht, Monaco and Fiorentina at home this season. We just need to turn up with the right team and mentality to do our best against them. Hope we will overcome Dortmund and progress to the next stage of the EL.

Any new My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episodes yet ?

We need to make use of our excellent home record in Europe to overcome Dortmund. Afterall, we have already beaten Anderlecht, Monaco and Fiorentina at home this season. We just need to turn up with the right team and mentality to do our best against them. Hope we will overcome Dortmund and progress to the next stage of the EL.

We only lost one European game at home between 1961 and Getafe in 2007 (which was Real Madrid in 1985), despite playing over 60 games at the Lane.

So our home European record is VERY good.

We only lost one European game at home between 1961 and Getafe in 2007 (which was Real Madrid in 1985), despite playing over 60 games at the Lane.

So our home European record is VERY good.

anyone have what it's like now? I remember hearing that stat whilst we were losing to Getafe and promising myself I'd keep track of it but I think we had a few more loses and it kind of went a bit to brick.

anyone have what it's like now? I remember hearing that stat whilst we were losing to Getafe and promising myself I'd keep track of it but I think we had a few more loses and it kind of went a bit to brick.
Since Getafe, P38 W25 D9 L4 (PSV, Real Madrid, PAOK & Benfica).

I have
Cdw5k26XEAA4i1H.jpg
never had any ITK before, but now i have a sneak peek of tonights line up and we are rotating again.

OK my fellow Spurs supporters.
A small story and some perspective on the upcoming game.
From the shore of the awesome Indian Ocean.
As some of you will probably recall, my 2 Spurs supporting mates, and yours truly, are usually cooking
exotic food and drinking a lot, including stiff bloody Marys. Well we are all in our late 60s, retired and living in
the Sun, Sand & Sea dream that we had.

Anyway, today, we went fishing. We did not go deep sea, as that is about 5 to 10 kms out. And what we normally
go for are sailfish & marlin. It is great fun. However, we catch , tag & release.

We were told by the good wives that we had run out of fresh eating fish.
So we went out about 1 km from the shore to catch Red Snapper, King-fish, Parrot fish etc. All good eating fish.

As soon as we put our lines out, we had a bunch of dolphins on both sides of the boat .
We love dolphins but they are not good fishing partners. All fish disappear when you have dolphins around.
We tried to dodge them by throwing live bait into the ocean and zooming away - to no effect.
So we came back home with a zero catch - The first time ever
Therefore we had to settle for steak, prawns & chicken. Not bad, but not what he had planned.

As we came to the jetty, my mate said something that was eye opening. He said:

You know Jim, we had the best boat, great bait, ideal weather and we caught fudge all.
Do you really think that if we put our best team out tonight, we can win 4-0 or 5-1.
When have we won by that margin against a good team. And we are talking about Borussia Dortmund, one of the best in Europe.

I had to agree. Put out the 2nd. XI and save the best to fight for the big catch

All the best guys. Hope we do well. I am going to sleep soon. The game is on TV here at 11pm.
Too late for me.

COYS

Back