• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Ajax

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Second half we found a way to take control of midfield and move quickly up the pitch
Ajax defended the box well.
With Son back we have a very good 20yd shot option and his movement will pull them around a bit.
With Llorente being immobile it's easy to double press the ball and stop any good passing angles as you know you don't have a runner to contend with if a pass gets through.

Me too. Given how good they are, how built up they were by the media and what happened in that first half hour (getting battered and losing Verts), we did really well. Yes, they hit the post, but we had three (Llorente/Alder headers and Dele shot) decent chances, and to my eyes we had much the better of the second half. remember, this lot took apart Madrid and Juve away from home. Whatever happens I am positive this lot will do us proud in the return leg.

Absolutely.

The way Im looking at it is we have Son back, in itself a massive boost. And we have a working game plan to start with.

Providing we can get out of the blocks pretty quickly, I genuinely think we can turn this tie around.

Big IF I know, we dont always start that well...

we will win the semi final with son and ajax attacking at home.
i feel tthat wanyama and sissoko in the centre will put ajax off in a BIG way, and alli deserves a rest!

The number of times that we won headers on set pieces suggests that we need to put out the biggest, most physical team we can muster. I think that Ajax would have real problems with Jan, Toby, Dier, and Foyth to mark.

When is the VAR decision on their goal due? Are we expecting a favour from the FIFA committees?
You joke but I was fuming advice I can’t see what a defender can do here. The rule is my favourite buttplug that a man can play you on by him playing another player offside ... so he doesn’t count as he isn’t interfering yet surely then on that case the defender shouldn’t count as he wasn’t interfering either 718491C0-AAF2-4130-9B69-7595DD776E5F.png

Like others have said the tie is not over yet, they are a very good footballing side but they can be got at in their defense. If we have Son and Moura running at them we will give them problems for sure, once we got Sissoko onto the field we made it harder for them to pass around us.

However the most important game for us now is the Bournmouth game and we must play our strongest team in that one, win that and we should make top four and by winning it will send us into the second leg in good sprits.

Like others have said the tie is not over yet, they are a very good footballing side but they can be got at in their defense. If we have Son and Moura running at them we will give them problems for sure, once we got Sissoko onto the field we made it harder for them to pass around us.

However the most important game for us now is the Bournmouth game and we must play our strongest team in that one, win that and we should make top four and by winning it will send us into the second leg in good sprits.
Agree but would only play Sissoko if FULLY fit, can't risk losing him both during the Bournemouth game and therefore the 2nd leg.

Agree but would only play Sissoko if FULLY fit, can't risk losing him both during the Bournemouth game and therefore the 2nd leg.

Of course it will depend on how fit he is, if there is any doubt then i would play Dier with Wanyama against Bournemouth and have Sissoko in the team against Ajax.

You joke but I was fuming advice I can’t see what a defender can do here. The rule is my favourite buttplug that a man can play you on by him playing another player offside ... so he doesn’t count as he isn’t interfering yet surely then on that case the defender shouldn’t count as he wasn’t interfering either View attachment 6565

The forward by Trippier completely affected play too, because he prevented Lloris from coming out to the ball (as he had to cover the pass too)

You joke but I was fuming advice I can’t see what a defender can do here. The rule is my favourite buttplug that a man can play you on by him playing another player offside ... so he doesn’t count as he isn’t interfering yet surely then on that case the defender shouldn’t count as he wasn’t interfering either View attachment 6565

The rule explicitly favours the attacking side, the line was supposed to play both of them offside.

I don’t agree with it, football has long fetishised goals, but the written law backs the decision in this case.

The rule explicitly favours the attacking side, the line was supposed to play both of them offside.

I don’t agree with it, football has long fetishised goals, but the written law backs the decision in this case.

Oh I wasn’t arguing he was offside... my issue is Trippier played his man off, and it’s almost impossible for a defender with the speed of the game to do much else

Back