• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Ajax

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As good as ajax have looked in the CL they haven't been able to shake off psv in the league.
They are definitely beatable if we get our tactics right and play to our potential.

They have failed to win their League for the last 4 seasons. Same as us.
They have outplayed Real and Juve. Same as us. Well The Real and Juve from last season are better teams than this season.

We should be happy to play a team in the semi final that had to go through 3 qualifying rounds to get into the Champions League in the first place.

they've probably got about 10 games in hand if they are getting a fortnight off around each CL game

The entire League got last weekend off.
They are only ahead of PSV on goal difference after the same amount of games.
And they have the Dutch Cup Final on Sunday evening.

Monkey? What monkey? Of the last 8 SFs we've reached we have progressed to three finals. That is only one less than the law of averages, so hardly a monkey on our backs.

Please stop doing the hacks job for them by perpetuating myths based on media gonad*s. The last thing we need to do is pander to their crap.

COME ON YOU SPURS, WE CAN DO THIS THING!

It’s not pandering, it’s the truth. Are people in this place such snowflakes that they can’t take it when people point out that our record in semis and finals could be improved upon under Poch?

I think the two teams are evenly matched but they are probably slight favourites due to our injury concerns which could work in our favour as people will actually expect Ajax to progress, something they didn’t have to deal with against real and Juve.

It’s not pandering, it’s the truth. Are people in this place such snowflakes that they can’t take it when people point out that our record in semis and finals could be improved upon under Poch?

I think the two teams are evenly matched but they are probably slight favourites due to our injury concerns which could work in our favour as people will actually expect Ajax to progress, something they didn’t have to deal with against real and Juve.

What MAY work in our favour is home first. Their best wins have been the away games second. Madrid beat them at home and Juve should have with the chances from what I saw

I hope Poch and his team have spent time watching how Manure beat them in the Europa league final. It might work as their system hasn't changed much.

I hope Poch and his team have spent time watching how Manure beat them in the Europa league final. It might work as their system hasn't changed much.

Their team has though
But I agree with the principles
Is also think we need to see show them the respect that Madrid abs Juve didn’t

Mourinho targeted Davinson Sanchez
They pressed them up the pitch forcing Sanchez to be the only player allowed on the ball and watch him give it away.

david-tennant-doctor-who-bbc-12.gif

Fully support the reliance on the tenth Doctor over hammy Goldblum or the chestwigged crooner. This could turn the season around.

I think Kane will start. I think we've been bluffing
RofL

None so blind ... Obviously a waste of time citing facts in a discussion with you mate.

I've embedded the video for you, save people clicking on a link to a search engine

How Spurs could do with some of that... two absolute worldy screamers into the top corner, and a pass that dribbled past 2 defenders at 2mph for a tap-in!

We will need a slice of luck at some point, be it a deflection or a VAR decision. COYMFS. Getting tense now.

Then he should do that.

But in all seriousness, I am aware that Sanchez plays for us AND that he's in our CL squad.

And also, other people think that there were other tactics employed more than pressing one player:

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/05...nt-tactics-render-ajax-lifeless-in-the-final/

It was the opposite of pressing one player. They let him have the ball.

Here's Mourinho's full version

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...e-mourinho-reveals-ajax-tactics-a7789356.html

The long ball to Llorente makes sense if we have someone next to him. Llorente can win it in the air but can't really hold it up.

Back