• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vNorwich City, Sunday 23rd February 16:00

I haven't seen it this bad in a long long long long time. And can the really dull people not come back with "even the 5-0 against liverpool and the 6-0 v Emirates Marketing Project", I wish I had such a simpleton brain, but I don't. Because there's a difference between the odd bad match and being perpetually awful. Under Tim we've looked more clueless than I have seen us for near 20 years!

We looked bad under AVB too, though. The football was as boring as its been for years. I think we bought a job lot of decidedly average players because someone felt the need to, which hasn't helped.

I think Levy will finance money for players in the summer and the new manager. We need a new centre back, it is going to be hellish back there if Verts leaves.

I can see people defending Tim already and blaming the players - HAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Brillant! Yeah the players need to take rwpsonibiy; bu they respond to a system which we clearly don't have/ And he still thought Bentaleb was worthy of inclusion and Eriksen, who before he was inexplicably dropped was getting a goal/assist pretty much every game. He didn't change it when we were awful in the first half!!

He can't motivate the team, we always look so lethargic... but it's just seeing how poor we are, so poor it's frightening, 10 players running around, utterly clueless other than a basic (very basic) shape... It's painful.

And every single game we've been this bad, bar Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Palace, Everton, Man U, souhtampton, we could've lost them all comfortably. The results papered over huge cracks and everyone was fooled.

Levy needs to take reasonability too. Constantly dismantling our setup. But sacking AVB and putting this utter clown in charge is the biggest joke he's done his whole tenure.

Any that knows anything about motivatation, tactics and organisation. We've got a great squad, ripe for some leadership and vision.
I think Liverpool have shown that with a good system in place and the right players in that system that utilise it you can go places. I don't think they have a bunch of star players in their side but they are set up well and know how they are playing.

I think we have a pretty talented squad, what we need is a proper game plan that fits these players and is properly executed.

We looked bad under AVB too, though. The football was as boring as its been for years. I think we bought a job lot of decidedly average players because someone felt the need to, which hasn't helped.

We controlled pretty much every game, it was dull at times, but we controlled games, we looked like we had a system, all those new players needed bedding in, I could see the vision. Last year he got our most points, we were doing extremely well in the cups, still had the best away record... Tim is slowly but surely destroying everything!!

I can see people defending Tim already and blaming the players - HAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Brillant! Yeah the players need to take rwpsonibiy; bu they respond to a system which we clearly don't have/ And he still thought Bentaleb was worthy of inclusion and Eriksen, who before he was inexplicably dropped was getting a goal/assist pretty much every game. He didn't change it when we were awful in the first half!!

He can't motivate the team, we always look so lethargic... but it's just seeing how poor we are, so poor it's frightening, 10 players running around, utterly clueless other than a basic (very basic) shape... It's painful.

And every single game we've been this bad, bar Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Palace, Everton, Man U, souhtampton, we could've lost them all comfortably. The results papered over huge cracks and everyone was fooled.

Levy needs to take reasonability too. Constantly dismantling our setup. But sacking AVB and putting this utter clown in charge is the biggest joke he's done his whole tenure.

AVB had the same players didn't he? :-k

Norwich deserved the win.

We are a shambles. I have been hoping that we had enough about us to stay in with a shout of the top four till the end of the season but there was so much wrong with today's performance that i have no doubt i have been deluding myself as we have been picking up results.

Truth be told we have quite a few average players throughout the team at the moment. Naughton, Rose, Dawson and Bentaleb to name a few. That being said there is no reason for us to play at the level we have done today. I said in the first half we looked completely dysfunctional and it did not improve. Tim talks about funnelling and shuffling, i'm why are players are so inept at basic passing and moving. So many times today our players had the ball and had no options at all. We ended up hoofing it to Adebayor who was isolated and more often than not we hit a Norwich player. It really was pathetic.

No plan, no idea, 12 games to go? Season over.

Wasn't great that. Simply out-battled all over the park. Would have been harsh on Norwich if we had nabbed a draw.

We controlled pretty much every game, it was dull at times, but we controlled games, we looked like we had a system, all those new players needed bedding in, I could see the vision. Last year he got our most points, we were doing extremely well in the cups, still had the best away record... Tim is slowly but surely destroying everything!!

Results wise, we're more or less the same now as under AVB. Performance wise, we're more attacking, we try to move the ball quicker and we create more chances. You can't deny that. Sherwood hasn't had a lot of time to change things - if you are going to leave your dislike of him to one side.

@EwanRoberts: Bale's goals/assists as percentage of Spurs' total PL goals under AVB: 37.8%. Adebayor's G/A as % of Spurs' total goals under Sherwood: 52%. If Adebayor doesn't turn up, there's no party.

@gstobart: Five of Tottenham's 7 league defeats this season have come after Europa League matches. Shocking performance today, so little energy

‏@WhoScored: Tottenham: Have failed to score a Premier League goal in a single match for the first time since Tim Sherwood was appointed manager

Setback. We looked lifeless.

The sooner we get vertonghen and paulinho out the starting eleven the better.

Positives were that dembele played some good passes.

Move on.

@EwanRoberts: Bale's goals/assists as percentage of Spurs' total PL goals under AVB: 37.8%. Adebayor's G/A as % of Spurs' total goals under Sherwood: 52%. If Adebayor doesn't turn up, there's no party.

@gstobart: Five of Tottenham's 7 league defeats this season have come after Europa League matches. Shocking performance today, so little energy

‏@WhoScored: Tottenham: Have failed to score a Premier League goal in a single match for the first time since Tim Sherwood was appointed manager

That is massive. If we'd been out of the EL, we would probably be up with pool. 15 points lost post EL.

Setback. We looked lifeless.

The sooner we get vertonghen and paulinho out the starting eleven the better.

Positives were that dembele played some good passes.

Move on.

Ban?

At least be blatant with your subterfuge. Trying to sneak your way in, I take offense to. Slimy scummy behavior - to be fair to you, it is the norm for a rsenal supporters and players.

Exactly there was no one here with blind faith in Sherwood as there was with AVB. Most people wanted to give him a chance. He had us playing good football. But now he's moved away from that stuffing his midfield with players that cant create.
He looks to be digging in and trying to survive as a manager by grinding out results. That was not what was supposed to be.

Well said. We want entertaining football not the dross served up by AVB. TS started well and the players looked like they had a new freedom about them with some attacking verve. However, for some unfathomable reason he now seems to have done an about turn by stuffing our midfield with uncreative players, forsaking two up front and playing with no width. So we have just gone back to how it was.

Don't understand it myself.

Just imagine what his inner life must be like SpurMeUp. He is carrying on a charade of being an Tottenham fan on this website for months now. He's clearly a disturbed and pathetic individual.

Results wise, we're more or less the same now as under AVB. Performance wise, we're more attacking, we try to move the ball quicker and we create more chances. You can't deny that. Sherwood hasn't had a lot of time to change things - if you are going to leave your dislike of him to one side.

And if AVB had an Ade in this form (don't want to debate WHY he didn't play him) his results would have been FAR superior. He never had that. And I think Sherwoods results are going to get worse and worse, he's been lucky, and only matching us. Though knocking us out of all cup competitions in an instant.

I'm looking past results, as I did when Tim's looked great. I'm looking at performance, at the system, HOW we play. And we've been awful under tim, FAR worse than under AVB where you could see what we were trying to do, it just wasn't quite working!!

Back