• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vNorwich City, Sunday 23rd February 16:00

Yep. I meant in an ideal world. Didn't articulate that particularly well. Or at all.

I get you.

Ideal world and no Sandro in your team though? Brave man! Look out for Mumorn outside your door ;)

Yep. I'm just hoping we can maintain our outside challenge for 4th for as long as possible.

Its hard not to feel that the amount of games left works against us. We haven't shown any consistency in terms of performances (in a positive sense) at any time this season.

Difficult to imagine we can up the type of form we have been on since Sherwood took over until the end of the season, but you never know I suppose.

Maybe its our turn to come up on the rails looking unconvincing and snatch it; in a strange way the only reason i have any hope at all we can manage it is I think we've been mostly dreadful and are still somehow in the mix. Maybe there is another gear in there somewhere. I'm hoping Lamela might be it.

Its no surprise that we know have to win tomorrow. We're going to have to win a hell of a lot of games between now and may to remain in touch.

Liverpool have looked really good at their best and focusing on that it's tough to see us catching up to them, but they've also been somewhat inconsistent and looking at some of their poor performances we have every chance.

As always it won't be entirely up to us, all we can do is our very best. No doubt Norwich will be up for a fight, as has been pointed out they tend to get results when Hughton really needs them.

We'll have to be up for the fight too, hope we can start brightly tomorrow. Get at them, show that we really want it. Would love a proper Dembele performance from Dembele, just go out there and boss them around.

Think this will be a stroll. Norwich struggle for goals, they won't be able to live with our physical power and Ade is white hot at the mo.

3-0

Will be a tough game -- held Emirates Marketing Project, unlucky to lose against Chelsea at Carrow Road. I hope we pick the same team that played against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, maybe with Rose instead of Naughton.

It indeed will be tough. It will be interesting to see if Capoue starts or not. He was dog****e against Dnipro and I felt he was largely responsible for the goal due to poor positioning..

I wonder if TS will feel he's had his chance and it's back to the bench until he bucks his idea up, or perhaps is used to close games out when/if we are ahead.

After all, TS might look back to when we won at Southampton effectively playing a 4-0-2-4 formation and think "Norwich aren't as good as the Saints even when they're missing a lot of defenders"...

Will be interesting to see who he selects in CM.

I've a feeling he'll play Chadli and Eriksen.
Lennon, Dembele, Kaboul, Lloris and Walker are all certainties to come back in.
Very hard to call between Paulinho and Benteleb. I think he'll concede that the kid needs a rest.

---------------Lloris---------------
Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Rose
--------Paulinho - Dembele---------
Lennon-------Eriksen---------Chadli
-------------Adebayor-------------

will good to see some stability with that Saudi Sportswashing Machine team again, and introducing subs earlier if we're winning comfortably.

but please, a DM or someone dedicated to protect the increasingly fragile back four, we can't afford to try our luck with a crap shoot.

I did say that I thought we had a better chance of beating Saudi Sportswashing Machine away than we did of beating Norwich away and to be honest I still stand by that. They may not be lighting up the league with their position or beating teams on a regular basis but Norwich are a hard team to go and get a win at in my view. We saw all firing Emirates Marketing Project go there and be held to a 0-0 draw. Norwich defeated both Arsenal and Man Utd at Carrow Road last season and came so close to defeating us too.

I watched the Norwich v Man C game live, Man C went into the game thinking all they had to do was turn up. They simply weren't up for it and didn't perform because of it. We have been guilty of the same thing in apparently easy games following EL ties, but I'm expecting Sherwood to have the side properly focused.

I get you.

Ideal world and no Sandro in your team though? Brave man! Look out for Mumorn outside your door ;)

Liverpool have looked really good at their best and focusing on that it's tough to see us catching up to them, but they've also been somewhat inconsistent and looking at some of their poor performances we have every chance.

As always it won't be entirely up to us, all we can do is our very best. No doubt Norwich will be up for a fight, as has been pointed out they tend to get results when Hughton really needs them.

We'll have to be up for the fight too, hope we can start brightly tomorrow. Get at them, show that we really want it. Would love a proper Dembele performance from Dembele, just go out there and boss them around

Agree with this. Please,please,pretty please,can we start well today. It would make a nice change.

...we should play our Best 10 + Bentaleb (of course) regardless of "traditional" position - if we're weak at winger, then don't play any - so:

Lloris
Walker/Kaboul/Verts/Rose
Capoue/Bentaleb
Dembele/Paulinho/Eriksen
Ade

COYS

I quite like this idea. With so many " covering " players, it would give our shaky back four more protection and allow Walker and Rose more license to get forward and provide the width without us being horribly exposed when they do so.

Paulie and Dembele would have more license to roam around with Benelab and Capoue anchoring. We would overwhelm them in midfield with Eriksen providing the stardust.

With Lennon and Townsend on the bench we have the perfect impact weapons to bring on against tiring legs. Once 3-0 up we bring on Solly for a late coup de gras.

Could work a treat.

If I was to pick the team:

--------------Hugo-------------
Walker-Kaboul-Vertonghen-Rose
--------Dembele-Bentaleb------
Lennon-----Paulinho-----Eriksen
-----------Ade----------------

Sandro would obviously start if fit, but Capoue wasn't great against Toon and was outright poor against Dnipo. A defensive midfielder is fine, but when it's not working I would rather have the athleticism and on the ball ability of Dembele and the passing ability of Bentaleb there.

Paulinho up supporting Ade, gives us a lot of energy and running in a game where our opponents will be working really hard I think. Lennon getting another go because we have no better option and he might regain his form. Eriksen ahead of Chadli for whatever reason, close one.

Lone striker Ade over the two striker Soldado option as Soldado is still misfiring and I'm not sure we'd get the workrate we need from those two in this game.

Many other good options though, would be cool to see Soldado partner Ade if Soldado is fired up and looking for his redemption. Dembele wide worked well against Saudi Sportswashing Machine to give us a really tough, hard working, athletic midfield 5 with some skill to go with it. Eriksen could play as the number 10, or as one of the runners in a 4-3-3. Chadli could start. Almost regardless we'll have the quality in theory to challenge Norwich, more about the entire team being up for the fight than anything.

If I was to pick the team:

--------------Hugo-------------
Walker-Kaboul-Vertonghen-Rose
--------Dembele-Bentaleb------
Lennon-----Paulinho-----Eriksen
-----------Ade----------------

Sandro would obviously start if fit, but Capoue wasn't great against Toon and was outright poor against Dnipo. A defensive midfielder is fine, but when it's not working I would rather have the athleticism and on the ball ability of Dembele and the passing ability of Bentaleb there.

Paulinho up supporting Ade, gives us a lot of energy and running in a game where our opponents will be working really hard I think. Lennon getting another go because we have no better option and he might regain his form. Eriksen ahead of Chadli for whatever reason, close one.

Lone striker Ade over the two striker Soldado option as Soldado is still misfiring and I'm not sure we'd get the workrate we need from those two in this game.

Many other good options though, would be cool to see Soldado partner Ade if Soldado is fired up and looking for his redemption. Dembele wide worked well against Saudi Sportswashing Machine to give us a really tough, hard working, athletic midfield 5 with some skill to go with it. Eriksen could play as the number 10, or as one of the runners in a 4-3-3. Chadli could start. Almost regardless we'll have the quality in theory to challenge Norwich, more about the entire team being up for the fight than anything.

I don't think Capoue or Lennon really deserve to start based on recent performances. So the choice between them is a tough one. I feel that with an anchoring DM it gives our team a better and more solid shape, and allows our "flair players" such as Dembele, Pauli and Eriksen to do their "thang" with more freedom.

I watched the Norwich v Man C game live, Man C went into the game thinking all they had to do was turn up. They simply weren't up for it and didn't perform because of it. We have been guilty of the same thing in apparently easy games following EL ties, but I'm expecting Sherwood to have the side properly focused after his half time gonad*ing.

Norwich are playing better than their results suggest, though they're struggling to find the net. Last home game they held Man C to a nil nil draw and had the chances to win it. So we must not be complacent, this could blow up in our face if we don't get the approach right.
Support for Hughton now almost nonexistent amungst Norwich fans, most expect them to get relegated. Negative tactics, strange selections and idiotic substitutions, he's a dead man walking. Don't be surprised when he takes their most effective player off with 20mins to go.
Danger men are Hooper, Redmond and Hoolahan (if Hughton ever picks him).

Hoolahan's exclusion is his biggest mistake. Strange decision to constantly omit him IMO. Hope he leaves him out today too.

difficult at the moment we have nothing to gain but much to lose if we cant eek out a win.

Come on you Spurs!!! we need to keep ourselves in the mixer today!!

Surely, this has to be another must-win match for us. In fact, I will be very disappointed if we don't win this and the next 2 matches against Dnipro and Cardiff. After that, we are going to face 4 tough matches against Chelsea, Arsenal, Southampton and Liverpool. After the disappointing defeat to Dnipro, we need positive reaction from the team.

This match will show if we still miss Bale. In our last 3 league and Cup matches at Norwich, Bale had scored all the 4 goals. Someone has to score the goals now. We have no choice but to rely on Adebayor again. With Soldado in shyte form, Defoe leaving and Kane inexperienced, we badly lacking a reliable striker other than Adebayor. Don't understand why we didn't buy another striker in January. Let's hope Adebayor will turn up with his goal scoring boot.

Don't know which midfield combination will turn up for this match. We always seem to change our midfield due to either injuries or poor form. Hope our midfield will dominate from the start and won't let Norwich much play room to attack. If they are fit, want to see Dembele, Eriksen and Lennon start. Eriksen has gone quiet in recent matches after contributing to goals and assists previously. Hope he will have a good match here.

Our defence have done well to keep clean sheets in 2 league matches in a row. Hope we will keep another one here as Norwich don't have any top strikers. Can't see us scoring too many goals in this match, so we really need to stop them scoring. Hope Lloris and Vertonghen will lead the defence to stop Norwich.

We cannot afford to drop any points against Norwich as the race for top 4 is very tight. Hope we will turn up with the right attitude and win this match.

Any official team news yet ?

Don't really care how we are going to play as long as we win. We simply cannot afford to drop points here. Hope we will get that much needed win.

Back