• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers ***

How many times did we cut through them second half? How many chances did we create?

They also had more than one free shot on the break.

Those two things are the point IMO. They weren’t just strokes of luck, they were repeated patterns in the game.

Well for me the core repeated pattern was not closing down a free header and a free shot. Yes they had other openings but with pressure on them it is far far far harder to score, and we did enough - as Bentancur did - to stop them scoring in ALL of those chances.

First half we were ponderous, second we had openings. Davies header, Werner and a few other half chances where we're probing. But that is what you expect against a low block. It won't be easy for even the very best sides to score. What you can not do is conceed.

Nah. They scored, sat deep and hit on the break. You should remember that from last season. Nothing new there. When you concede first and face a low block it is always going to be harder to score. Credit to us we got ourselves back in the game - were dominating - but then conceded yet another terrible goal allowing another free shot on our goal. That is the only issue here.

What did we create?

Vicario pulled off 3 good saves, bent put in a goal saving tackle and they managed to spank a couple of good chances over.

How many times did we cut through them second half? How many chances did we create?

They also had more than one free shot on the break.

Those two things are the point IMO. They weren’t just strokes of luck, they were repeated patterns in the game.
They were also an example do how to stifle us
Keep it tight at the back
stodge the midfield
Play fast and wait for our mistakes

Nah. They scored, sat deep and hit on the break. You should remember that from last season. Nothing new there. When you concede first and face a low block it is always going to be harder to score. Credit to us we got ourselves back in the game - were dominating - but then conceded yet another terrible goal allowing another free shot on our goal. That is the only issue here.

What did we create?

Vicario pulled off 3 good saves, bent put in a goal saving tackle and they managed to spank a couple of good chances over.
Bingo
I didn’t even see it but that’s exactly how I predicted it would be
And more so once I saw their lineup

That’s on ange
But what’s the alternative
Change of formation
Change of tactics
Play someone else more attack minded in the full back area (they didn't defend much)
Play a different way?

It's not those two players fault, they are just not great going forward, which is a massive flaw if you use the same system

Change of formation
Change of tactics
Play someone else more attack minded in the full back area (they didn't defend much)
Play a different way?

It's not those two players fault, they are just not great going forward.
I agree it’s not their fault
They always put in the effort
I think we can survive with one playing but… probably Davies
Royal can’t play this system because his passing has always been his weakness
But what were the alternatives?
Play someone horribly out of position

Yeah, and I think the ones we used today can be an effective part of many systems.

I thought Davies was one of our better players today.

Royal did a lot as well but did make a couple of poor passes.
Hence my comment
Did we lose because they played ?

I agree it’s not their fault
They always put in the effort
I think we can survive with one playing but… probably Davies
Royal can’t play this system because his passing has always been his weakness
But what were the alternatives?
Play someone horribly out of position
Asking Royal/Davies to play through the middle/creative force is playing people of of position.

I would have not played one and put someone like kulu there if asking to play advanced.

Allowing Werner to start, he didn't deserve to be dropped really.

Last edited:
What a bunch a whingers! '

We haven't been "figured out". As though there is a moment when teams unlock the secrets of the opposition :D

The main issue today was bad defending. It does not matter the system, or whether you have a plan E F G H I J or K, if you allow the opposition a free header on goal from a corner, and a free shot on goal on the break (when you have ample men back), you are not winning many games. Simple. Fuk all to do with Ange and his system nonsense.
from my point of view, sure I have to have a whinge!
It's disappointing.
Once again we have become spurzy just when we have a great chance to push onward toward CL with 2 home games to win points.
I hope this is just a hiccup!
We have bought players who are supposed to be improving us from how our last two managers had been performing.
Maddison is supposed to have been part of a missing link? whats happened to him?
Midfield play is important.. Where's the attacking play and shooting gone?
If we can't win at home because of unfortunate bad defending well that's one thing but where is the belief and spirit?
Every time we think we have turned a corner it's back to square one!
Sure we or I are going to have a whinge about it because it's so disheartening from a Spurs fan's point of view
it's like we are going around in circles as a club and if you are a fan that cares ..that hurts.
Whinge over.
and 1961 is a long long time boy..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................!

Let's hope it is just another hiccup and everything will be hunky dory once again.

Back