• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers ***

Really, really poor. We got what we deserved, they could have scored 4 or 5.

I’m not massively surprised. We’ve lucked out in a few recent home games like Everton, Burnley, Brentford and Brighton. Eventually you get caught out. Teams have figured us out so Ange needs a Plan B.

Maybe teams like City, Woolwich and Liverpool will be good enough to go toe to toe with us but everyone else knows you don’t press us too high and you make sure you’re properly set in defence and we’ll struggle to break you down. We’ve now lost at home to a poor Chelsea, West Ham, Villa and Wolves. Not great.

Across the team, I didn’t think anyone really played well except Vicario which tells its own story. A very poor performance across the board and some very worrying signs.

Awful result. What makes it worse is that Liverpool, arsenal, villa, city (should win this evening) have all won. We have also put united back in contention.

Whats our excuse now? Injuries? Suspensions?

We'd be the first team to fail to get CL after being on whatever points we were after 10 games - was that the stat? Knew when I heard it that we were f u c k e d. :)
I don’t pay attention to much of that. There was another stat that we were better than Arsenals invincibles after 9 games. Silly stuff.

For me, I distinguish insightful stats from agenda pushing ones by asking if I’d ever heard the stat before. And I can count on one finger the number of times I’d heard “most points after 9 games” in my 40 years following football.

Bro you need to lower your Spurs shades a touch. The 2nd half was an improvement no doubt (we were dogbrick in the first) but we were still poor. Wolves still had the balance of chances and they felt like the deserved winners. Games do turn on moments, but the majority of the positive moments were for Wolves.

You call it as you see it. I thought we were decent second half, bar the defending for their goal. And we needed to take our chances better. It is as though you've never seen a side sit in and defend well with a low block - you never get lots of openings. We did score and we did create a number of other openings - Werner shooting first time, Davies header. As far as I am concerned we played well second half apart from the defending by Bissouma or VDV. One of them tracks Gomez and there's no nd goal.

Maybe teams like City, Woolwich and Liverpool will be good enough to go toe to toe with us but everyone else knows you don’t press us too high and you make sure you’re properly set in defence and we’ll struggle to break you down.
you’re not necessarily wrong, but it’s hugely unfair to compare us to those 3 teams. That’s where we want to be — it took each of those teams 3+ seasons to get there.

Performances are really poor lately but we’re still ahead of schedule.

Every time a team puts a lot of players în the center while defending, you go on the flanks and cross or shoot from just outside the box. This is basic knowledge, yet we dont do that. We take out Richarlison, our tallest ST and then walk the ball around the box until the end of the match. We do not cross, we do not shoot. No one în the box, just 8 players outside the box în a line that pass the ball to death between them. Terrible tactics.

Unsurprisingly Ange ball has been found out, as the likes of the full backs coming centrally is no longer a surprise and the opposition are more prepared for these abnormalities. It is now time for Ange to earn his money and come up with some answers. He has plenty of credit in the bank but does need to show something because this sort of performance isn't a one off....

That really was abysmal

They could have have 3/4 more

We are so easy to play against, can't seem to defend at all.

Teams know how to play us, he needs to adjust

When was the last time we played well?

This post reflects both my internal thoughts and what I expected to be posted on GG

We had loads of possession around their box but created fudge all until the last 5 mins. They've had clearer chances on the break and could easily have had another 2 or 3.

The nature of the game - they defend deep make it hard to score, and hit on the break. I don't personally agree they had the better chances, and only got their goal becuase we didn't track a runner who had a free shot. When we had men over!!!!

For their other goal we let one of the shortest players have a free header on goal!!!!

We created, even when faced with a low block, and should have converted more.

you’re not necessarily wrong, but it’s hugely unfair to compare us to those 3 teams. That’s where we want to be — it took each of those teams 3+ seasons to get there.
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not comparing us to them, they’ve had a head start. I just mean that if most teams come out and play us like those teams, we’ll destroy them like we were doing in the early part of the season. Those clubs are good enough probably to come and play open against us, everyone else has figured out, you don’t play open against spurs.

We really don't want Conference League play.

Is it only me that would rather us get in to the EL anyways? I love seeing Spurs in Europe and we're a way off being competitive in the CL, so getting to use academy players early on and then properly going for the later stages seems more beneficial anyways. I guess there's the money aspect but failing miserably but getting paid loads to do it doesn't exactly seem like the glory we crave.

Still in a pretty good position in the table if 5th does get us in to the Champions (of financial spreadsheets) league though. We're nowhere near panic stations. The season as a whole has been neither brilliant nor diabolical, it's been "decent" as Ange put it himself.

I blame myself. 30 seconds after I put the stream on they scored.

I'd barely managed to maximise the screen before it went in

That was absolutely pathetic. First time I’ve left early in years. Gifted them two schoolboy level goals and threatened absolutely zero for the whole game. Officials were sucked in by Wolves play acting and time wasting (predominantly reflected in the added time) but ultimately it didn’t affect the result. We carried no threat whatsoever and got exactly what we deserved: a chastening defeat. We were pony last week but this took it to a different level.

Lwf & CF - we need to strengthen here as a matter of urgency in the summer - Son needs to compete for one of those spots, we can't repy on him to carry an attack like Kane did.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not comparing us to them, they’ve had a head start. I just mean that if most teams come out and play us like those teams, we’ll destroy them like we were doing in the early part of the season. Those clubs are good enough probably to come and play open against us, everyone else has figured out, you don’t play open against spurs.
I actually misread what you originally said, sorry, but I don’t think teams play open against Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool or Arsenal, do they? It just looks that way because those teams have been coached very well for a long time.

Back